Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 28-02-2023, 03:01 AM
Newbie ;)

Smile Mediumship Abilities and Mentorship

Hi everyone. I haven’t been here for a long time. So many things that are considered paranormal have happened with me that I don’t know where to start.

I have mediumship and psychic abilities but feel like I can’t go further in understanding my gifts without a mentor who’s been in my shoes.
I am given messages through flashes of images, or vignettes. I do not hear words or a voice. I also get impressions. For instance, I’m shown a vignette or image of my car, but I get the impression that there’s a problem with it.
I’ll go and check my car in the garage and on the side of the car that I was shown, one of the tires is flat. I’m not entirely sure if they are premonitions or if the problem has already occurred. There’s no way that I could’ve known beforehand, and no train of thought that I could trace to this. These are not mine.
The ‘knowing’ comes from the spirit that has made contact with me. I also get the ‘knowing’ of who they are, if I know them. They are non-threatening, intrusive-like thoughts. My mother and I have the strongest psychic connection. She warns me and comes to me when I’m in need while awake or in dreams. My Dad has surrounded me ever since he passed when I was a child.
His direct messages always occur in dreams, save 1 or 2 times. He always warns me. He mentally nudges me, almost like hunches, about things and people. My grandfather also comes to me entirely in dreams, showing concern for my behaviour and all he needs to ‘say’ is my name in his tone that he used when he would gently reprimand me if he didn’t like what oil was doing. While mom was alive, my Dad would go to her and warn her that I was in trouble. As an example, something happened to me one night where I was victimized, but otherwise okay. The police had taken me to one of my sisters’ homes so that I was safe. While I was still sleeping on the sofa the next morning, my mom called on my sister’s house line. My sister barely got in the “hello” and my mom said “What’s going on with [TuesdaysChild], something’s wrong your father came to me last night.”.
These scenarios have been so normal to me in my family, but I largely dismissed it. I’ve since come to find out that, tracing my strictly maternal lineages going as far back as my 2x great grandmother, every generation there were children born having these abilities. My maternal great grandmother made a decent living with it. That was news to me up until 2022! My grandmother would tell us at the breakfast table what shadow she had seen recently. My mom was quite strong both in premonitions and mediumship.
My sister has proclaimed that she is a ‘witch’.

Other than the stories that I’ve heard about my great grandmother, I’ve had the strongest connection to spirit. My connection to my mom is very, very strong. I think it’s as much, if not more so to do with her strength in spirit than it is to my ability to receive. She’s the one that has no qualms interrupting me, lol, and that’s so utterly like her. Especially with me. She never stopped being my mother and protector up to the day she died, and death did not change that. She was a force to be reckoned with in life, and remains so. Funnily, I’m the one that refused to acknowledge the “woo”, clinging to materialism. I don’t anymore. Too many things have happened.

Others, outside of my family, have come to me as well. The connections aren’t as strong. I’ve only now truly accepted and realize that I have this incredible gift. It’s provided so much comfort to me to have a close relationship to my mom and dad beyond death. At the very least, I know that we exist after death. We can retain who we are. I have zero doubt, and am quite peeved off at those materialist scientists and others who’ve limited billions of people to the material world. I’m happy that quantum physics is challenging their concept of logic.

I don’t know who or where to turn to help me explore and work with these gifts. I think this is a gift that many people have and my experiences are due a lot to my exposure toward the concept since I was a very small child. I want to strengthen my gift. I need to explore it, but I need guidance. Has anyone here sought out a mentor to help with your gifts’? There is a spiritualist church not far from me and I’m thinking of contacting them.

I’d love to hear your stories and how you’ve grown with your gifts.

Thanks so much for reading. xo
Old 28-02-2023, 12:05 PM
Administrator
You need to go to a Spiritulist church, where they do Development circles
I was born with my gifts but my guide helped me along with my grandmother.
you need to learn too to open up to spirit as well as close down also

Namaste
Old 28-02-2023, 09:08 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you so much for reading. I’m very desperate to be around others like me. I need validation, reassurance, advice, and community. I can’t keep this largely to myself anymore and pretend that it’s really nothing more than a neat parlour trick, and people who would try to apply a Newtonian spin on it just annoy the bleep out of me. They sound so ignorant.

Back to your comment: I 100% agree with you. I’m afraid to tinker around with it because I don’t want anything or anyone hitching a ride on my open channel. I know that there is more to my gift. I think of it like I would a telephone line. It’s a wi-fi communications system to another country, and that country is in a higher dimension that they now live in (or have access to) given that they’ve been freed from their bodies. I don’t want to broadcast that my line is open, but I also want to be able to initiate calls (to loved ones, for instance). I already have the ability to call and get very real replies, but I don’t have a good understanding on how I’m able to do this, how to control it, and how to practice safely. There’s also a lot of ** Woo out there, and I don’t trust most so-called sources. I‘ve reached out successfully on 3 occasions where I’ve experienced phenomena while awake. Most of my experiences have been shared experiences with someone else. One of those times when I called out, several lightbulbs around my entire apartment blew out in succession as if there was a strong surge of energy (they are energy, so they were the surge). Also, during each of these occasions, I was dealing with heavy emotional pain and my intentions were pure. No doubt I had the power to be heard just because of the pain I was in. They were SOS calls.

Thank you for your advice on the Spiritualist Church. I have one in mind and have been putting off contacting them for months. I’m going to look them up again today and do a little more research on them. They are registered with the government as a religious entity and so far everything I’ve read, including basic info on the leaders of the congregation, appears very legitimate. Hopefully they are meeting again after Covid. Their webpage wasn’t current the last time I looked them up a few months ago, and maybe that was because of Covid or not having a dedicated person who took care of that for them.