Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 26-10-2019, 03:54 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
They have Maharishi Mahesh quoted as saying:

"Happiness radiates like the fragrance from a flower, and draws all good things toward you"

"Laughter is the language of the heart"

"The highest state is laughter".

Good quotes I say

I've heard of the "giggling guru" I didn't know his real name though.

I'm sure he has many great quotes but I'd avoid the TM movement and advise anyone considering it to do due diligence before handing over almost $1,000 to learn a simple meditation technique.
Old 26-10-2019, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I'm sure he has many great quotes but I'd avoid the TM movement and advise anyone considering it to do due diligence before handing over almost $1,000 to learn a simple meditation technique.

Oh right, there's a movement?! There's no need to spend a penny on spiritual development is there. I still like the quotes
Old 26-10-2019, 08:35 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Oh right, there's a movement?! There's no need to spend a penny on spiritual development is there. I still like the quotes

Exactly! And yeah, its headquarters is in Kansas, I think. It's a huge affair with a university and dorms.

That's why I still find truth and power in Sadhguru's words. However flawed he may be, there are aspects of him that aren't. It's the human condition.

From the Soviet dissident who spent many years in the Gulag system and authored Gulag Archipelago:

“The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts. ... And even within hearts overwhelmed by evil, one small bridgehead of good is retained." ~ Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Old 26-10-2019, 09:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Exactly! And yeah, its headquarters is in Kansas, I think. It's a huge affair with a university and dorms.

That's why I still find truth and power in Sadhguru's words. However flawed he may be, there are aspects of him that aren't. It's the human condition.

From the Soviet dissident who spent many years in the Gulag system and authored Gulag Archipelago:

“The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts. ... And even within hearts overwhelmed by evil, one small bridgehead of good is retained." ~ Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Certainly we are all flawed, it's the B S factor I have issue with. Professing to be one thing, but are actually another. Own the faults.
Old 26-10-2019, 09:35 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Certainly we are all flawed, it's the B S factor I have issue with. Professing to be one thing, but are actually another. Own the faults.

The same applies to the Maharishi. Either he's a flawed man who speaks wisdom or he's a hypocrite and needs to own up to his flaws, however that will need to wait for his next incarnation.
Old 26-10-2019, 10:18 PM
Master
Quote:
The same applies to the Maharishi. Either he's a flawed man who speaks wisdom or he's a hypocrite and needs to own up to his flaws, however that will need to wait for his next incarnation.

I think a guru can be flawed and speak wisdom but not be a hypocrite. Those quotes were basic truths, nothing to do with him personally. I don't even know if they were actually his quotes, as I didn't hear it from the horses mouth

Main point being, preaching about the evils of monetary wealth while sitting there sporting a Cartier watch seems off.
Old 26-10-2019, 10:51 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
I think a guru can be flawed and speak wisdom but not be a hypocrite. Those quotes were basic truths, nothing to do with him personally. I don't even know if they were actually his quotes, as I didn't hear it from the horses mouth

Main point being, preaching about the evils of monetary wealth while sitting there sporting a Cartier watch seems off.

I do understand your point of view.
Old 26-10-2019, 11:40 PM
JustASimpleGuy

For whatever it's worth I did look a little deeper into Sadhguru and now I'm not certain of his real motivations. That's not to say he doesn't do some good. He was at the very least a part of the key that unlocked my chains. That being said there's the possibility he's abusing his position in some capacity so he's off my viewing and recommending list.

Thanks for the slap upside the head. LOL!
Old 26-10-2019, 11:45 PM
Master
Animals respond to our mental and emotional states. I frequently go camping in the great outdoors and do meditation while I am out there. Often animals come around and sit quietly near me while I am meditating. Birds will land and sit close to me.

When I open my eyes and finish my meditation practice, deer usually eat from my hand, and I have had birds land on my shoulder and sit there for awhile. I feel they are responding to the meditative vibe. Human beings can only see from infrared to ultraviolet but animals can see beyond that spectrum, their hearing is also much greater than human hearing.

A number of years ago I went to a females house who I was dating. I had just finished my meditation practice. When I entered her house her two little kids were noisy, yelling, running around, etc. I sat with their mother on the couch and asked her to meditate with me. It was amazing when we opened our eyes, the kids, who were very young, were sitting on the floor quietly playing. Their mother told me that they are usually never that quiet when playing. Young kids, and animals, will often respond to the character, or quality, of energy that is in and environment.
Old 27-10-2019, 04:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Seriously! He's probably not meditating, though one can argue animals are in a constant meditative state.

Lately I've been telling him it's time to meditate and his ears perk up and he starts heading to the bedroom. I seat myself and he settles down right next to me and lays there nice and calm.

Since dogs have a very keen sense of emotional states I'm guessing he senses it in me during meditation and its soothing for him.

Our dog Ella meditates. She settles in right next to me. She is a lab.