Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 15-02-2023, 08:07 AM
Master
Life & Death

We are caught in the cycle of life and death. People like us who are spiritual seek a way out and try and find answers.

It is something I have been working on all my life. Consider this: once we are born we slowly start dying again. We grow older until either that or some twist of fate kills us.

What is the ageing process? Or what is the twist of fate that leads to an early death? I have been thinking about the cosmic state which leads to such things. One thing that I am aware of is that life is humiliating....it is like we are downtrodden or crushed slowly.

Consider a cosmic state of humiliation. You could call it a fall from grace. Or even damnation. We try to bend low in order to reach high. We bow down.

This up and down is all part of the humiliation and the jubilation of life. Some of us feel shame. Some of us repent. Some of us believe in something better.

My theory is that humiliation can be so bad that it turns into death itself. It is this which kills us. Humiliation becomes death and we slowly die. I think that spiritual people sense this and try to reverse it...usually through religion.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 15-02-2023, 10:43 AM
Master

Wow Honza that was pretty heavy stuff mate!

But yeah I can certainly understand why you do feel like that especially when you look at the world we live in today.

But, I don’t see it as humiliating and I don’t feel that humiliating is the cause of death either.

I feel Buddha was right when he said all life is suffering and then went on to show us how we can reduce/prevent most of our suffering. I took on board some of his ideas many years ago and it certainly did have a major effect in a positive way on how my life panned out. I’m not a Buddhist and don’t follow any man made religion, I live by what I think makes sense to me.

I feel that what is killing us is our western way of life, high stress, fast pace, colours and preservatives in food, consumerism ie always wanting better and more and striving for things that really don’t matter in the long run. That’s just to mention some.

But what I feel is mostly killing us is our own mind. To quote Buddha again: All of what you are is the result of what you have thought? I believe working on the mind and thoughts is probably one of the most valuable things you can do………hence less suffering.

Just my opinion.
Old 15-02-2023, 12:16 PM
Administrator
I'm in agreement with Redchic i don't find life Humiliating or it being the cause of death either

Namaste
Old 15-02-2023, 12:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
But what I feel is mostly killing us is our own mind. To quote Buddha again: All of what you are is the result of what you have thought? I believe working on the mind and thoughts is probably one of the most valuable things you can do………hence less suffering.

If I consider this then I guess it makes sense. I have throughout my life been thinking heavy duty thoughts and now I feel that my life is 'heavy duty'.

Thanks for your help.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 15-02-2023, 01:45 PM
Master

When you think about it, nothing is really happening, it’s just our thoughts about it that are the problem. NO thoughts, NO problems.

Yeah I know easy said than done and I still have to keep working on it believe me. But it does get easier and it does make a difference.

Take care. Hope things get better for you.
Old 15-02-2023, 03:36 PM
Molearner

Quote:

But what I feel is mostly killing us is our own mind. .

Redchic12,

I have a slightly different take on this. I would suggest that double-mindedness is what is killing us. There is a very good discussion of this on Wikipedia that presents the thoughts of Kierkegaard and Nietzsche on this aspect.
Old 15-02-2023, 04:14 PM
Master

Oh wonderful. I love it when someone comes up with something that I have no idea about. Thanks

Is there any chance you can explain this to me as simply as you can. It sounds fascinating.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 15-02-2023, 04:22 PM
Master

Just thought ide let you know that I am familiar with Netzsche and I love his stuff but not read anything about Kierkegaard.
Old 15-02-2023, 05:03 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Oh wonderful. I love it when someone comes up with something that I have no idea about. Thanks

Look forward to hearing from you.

Redchic12,

This is a snippet from Kierkegaard that I found to be very insightful:

“Even if I could raise my voice and say something of which everybody might approve, I would not say it if it was of a religious nature, because there is already is a kind of religious impropriety if the main point is to cry aloud; for religiousness the main point is to speak quite softly and with oneself. Ah, it gets so turned around ! We think that religiousness, instead of being a matter of every individuals going alone into his private room to talk quietly with himself, is a matter of talking very loudly.”

Most of us can recognize this aberration because we see it so frequently…..
Old 16-02-2023, 12:55 PM
Master

Re Molelearner

Yes we do see it quite frequently. I wonder why?

Thanks for sending me that. Very interesting.

I’ll check him up on google to get a better idea of what he’s about.

Actually, why don’t you post a few more quotes from him or Netzsche. I’m sure some people here would enjoy them. I know I would.