Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 01-05-2021, 08:45 PM
Master
........ just observe.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 01-05-2021, 08:49 PM
Master

Out of respect for zinnat, I will post most of my "Hindu research" in another thread and link it here later. There are so many exciting teachers - Sri Aurobindo, and others, to whom we owe a great debt of gratitude.

*unless incidental to the conversations here.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:13 PM
Master

Here's Sri Aurobindo talking about choice:

“The Unknown is not the Unknowable; it need not remain the unknown for us, unless we choose ignorance or persist in our first limitations. For to all things that are not unknowable, all things in the universe, there correspond in that universe faculties which can take cognisance of them, and in man, the microcosm, these faculties are always existant and at a certain stage capable of development. We may choose not to develop them; where they are partially developed, we may discourage and impose on them a kind of atrophy. But, fundamentally all possible knowledge is knowledge within the power of humanity. And since in man there is the inalienable impulse of Nature towards self-realisation, no struggle of the intellect to limit the action of our capacities within a determined area can for ever prevail.

― Sri Aurobindo
Old 01-05-2021, 09:30 PM
Master

Here is an excellent piece by Sri Auribindo on the topic of free will. I agree and thank him for his excellent writing skills.

https://sriaurobindostudies.wordpres...d-determinism/
Old 01-05-2021, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
This is the trick isn't it, Miss Hepburn? Are we following our own selfishness or God? How do you detect it, Miss H?
Detect it? Well, He just 'does it', through me.
Selfishness? That's not a word I think of at all.
I don't know what I would be selfish about.

But if there is any block in me --it's easy:
Do exactly the opposite of what the ego wants to do ...
it wants to be mad, so forgive and forget...be kind
it wants to be greedy or afraid...so give more away and trust ...
it wants to be lazy ...so get up and do that thing...
it wants to remember all the bad things that person did...easy ...banish those thoughts, laugh at them tricking you.

Like Emmet Fox said: You must not under any pretense allow your mind
to dwell on any thought that is
not positive, constructive, optimistic, kind.

This is a committed, deliberate, conscious, steadfast, resolute choice to stay on this pure path.
Otherwise, what's a person doing?

Will there be a few short instances of wavering, sometimes, less and less...so what. Personality challenges pop up. Ha.
Keep on the Path of Purity...meaning kindness mostly...in thoughts, words and deeds.
*Thoughts mostly* ---the rest fall into place.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-05-2021, 11:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Will there be a few short instances of wavering, sometimes, less and less...so what. Personality challenges pop up. Ha.
Keep on the Path of Purity...meaning kindness mostly...in thoughts, words and deeds.
Very beautiful, acknowledged, very nice.
Yes this is a path of purity in many ways, I like what you say. Thanks.

Last edited by pixiedust : 02-05-2021 at 04:33 AM.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:37 AM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
Out of respect for zinnat, I will post most of my "Hindu research" in another thread and link it here later. There are so many exciting teachers - Sri Aurobindo, and others, to whom we owe a great debt of gratitude.

Just love Sri Aurobindo work, please do let me know when you post on him.
Old 02-05-2021, 01:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Just love Sri Aurobindo work, please do let me know when you post on him.

Will do with pleasure, Legrand.
Old 02-05-2021, 02:07 AM
Master
possibly, this idea of free will or no free will cannot be accepted, unless we are able to quieten mind sufficiently so as to to discern and distinguish between impulses arising from mind-body vs those from universal consciousness.
Old 02-05-2021, 04:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
possibly, this idea of free will or no free will cannot be accepted, unless we are able to quieten mind sufficiently so as to to discern and distinguish between impulses arising from mind-body vs those from universal consciousness.

Fair enough. I think of people who were not spiritual per se, yet also had these realizations. That such realizations of free will, i.e. enactment of their greater will came through despite not knowing about quietness or meditation. For example, people in moments of crisis who help others, or people who out of courage and selflessness step forward. These are moments when the greater will supersedes our limited ego self. Thus, I do not believe that it is so black and white, in my opinion anyway.