Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 01-05-2021, 08:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

EXCERT:
Man, it's like having an NDE, going out into space and 'seeing' ....there's something going on here that is part of an immense 'plan'.
It only seems like I have total free will -and I do... for the small stuff.

Experiencing NDEs, OBE, Bi-Location, etc..... gives a person a sense that we are part of a plan, but then, if we start to get mastery of what I mentioned, we seem to gain Free Will. But that in of itself might be an illusion but I suspect it is a road that is little traveled for obvious reasons.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Experiencing NDEs, OBE, Bi-Location, etc..... gives a person a sense that we are part of a plan, but then, if we start to get mastery of what I mentioned, we seem to gain Free Will. But that in of itself might be an illusion but I suspect it is a road that is little traveled for obvious reasons.
I actually don't want free will...I'm better off when God takes the wheel! (Please...)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-05-2021, 08:28 PM
Master

Bhagavad Gita quotes:

“When meditation is mastered,
The mind is unwavering like the
Flame of a lamp in a windless place.
In the still mind,
In the depths of meditation,
The Self reveals itself.
Beholding the Self
By means of the Self,
An aspirant knows the
Joy and peace of complete fulfillment.
Having attained that
Abiding joy beyond the senses,
Revealed in the stilled mind,
He never swerves from the eternal truth.”

― Bhagavad Gita
Old 01-05-2021, 08:33 PM
Master

“Amongst thousands of persons, hardly one strives for perfection; and amongst those who have achieved perfection, hardly one knows me in truth. (7,3)”

“The peace of God is with them whose mind and soul are in harmony, who are free from desire and wrath, who know their own soul.”

"Surrender exclusively unto him with your whole being, O Bharat. By his grace, you will attain perfect peace and the eternal abode. "

“The happiness which comes from long practice, which leads to the end of suffering, which at first is like poison, but at last like nectar - this kind of happiness arises from the serenity of one's own mind.”

― Bhagavad Gita
Old 01-05-2021, 08:35 PM
Master

"Those who aspire to the state of yoga should seek the Self in inner solitude through meditation. With body and mind controlled they should constantly practice one-pointedness, free from expectations and attachment to material possessions. "

Krishna in the Bhagavad Gita
Old 01-05-2021, 08:35 PM
Master

Yeah a lot about efforts, nothing about not having any free will to choose to exercise effort by my reading. I'll look more later.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:38 PM
More Gita, please. :)

Hey, I just realized the weekend group just took off and ran on zinnat's thread!!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-05-2021, 08:43 PM
Master
Quote:
I actually don't want free will...I'm better off when God takes the wheel! (Please...)

LOL!

I onced ended up in a Cat Scan. Then I was 'gone' only to appear above myself in the Emergency Room watching the woman Doctor rub a metal object over the bottom of my feet. I noticed there was no reactions to my feet. Then she went and got 2 really big ear cleaners, stuck them in some ammonia and put them up my nostrils. That is when I returned to my body.

This was all done...... not by me.

And then there was the time the car was turned 90 degrees on the road and was going to go off a steep mountain precipice only to be put back on the road all by itself. Was God at the wheel? I know I wasn't.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:44 PM
Master
....... but isn't that how Miracles are 'made'?

Old 01-05-2021, 08:45 PM
Master

Quote:
This is the trick isn't it, Miss Hepburn? Are we following our own selfishness or God? How do you detect it, Miss H?