Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality > Faiths of Indigenous Peoples

Old 04-11-2021, 04:27 PM
ImthatIm

Lora Boome - Devils Club as Medicine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWxiCrgQqbU

Last edited by ImthatIm : 05-11-2021 at 04:31 AM.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:04 AM
Master
I thought the:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPqWstVnRjQ
you first posted was excellent ImthatIm … excellent!
The direction of my thought-train as well.
Have to listen to it again.

At the end there he told a story about entering into the “Multiverse”. (2:09:12)
Heh.
That is the most common shamanic worldview multidimensional experience – absolutely no mushrooms necessary (no colours, just straight up ordinary vision).
So common are they in fact - they are considered ‘normal’ and since everybody has them nothing sooo ‘special’ is attached to them, nor the experiencer.
You just take note of them – then let go, because mind can conjure up all kinds of scenarios (like what he did, because he is not used to them).

Also, the more one applies one’s self to the shamanic worldview, the more one experiences them.
I enjoyed the Russian documentary as well. It touched my heart – of course.

Some notes:
With the Orthodox hymn at the beginning, I was once more reminded how the old Orthodox Church protected us; - therefore the living connection to the shamanic worldview wasn’t severed. So, so grateful for that.

Those birch bark masks I remember from childhood and from bear ceremony re-enactments:
https://api.europeana.eu/thumbnail/v...6 key%3DT3st1

Nothing fantastic about them like the Inuit or Salish Coast masks, which are amazing.

The bringing offerings and ribbons to “Holy Trees”, is also familiar as is recognizing them ‘other-dimensionally’ within a landscape.

Divination, although Saami uses the drum and Karels a sieve.

“We are all one – that is why we live this way.”
And of course, one cannot separate the shamanic worldview from people, culture, because everything connects to it.

“I felt like I was a single grain of sand and the power of my ‘grandfather’ was like a huge mountain.
I understood that even though I’d had eyes, I couldn’t see, even though I’d had ears I couldn’t hear "…

Yep, yep, that is it when one wakes up.

Shaman having human nature and animal nature & between genders.

And there is a connection between Shamanism and Tibetan Vajrayana Buddhism, it is not just “New Age potpourri” ….

“Yuri is a descendant of the black Shamans”
Black Shaman isn’t black, because he/she is ‘evil’, but because they work within the Lower World. Curious … A Saami shamanic chant came to mind …”The perch is my bird – the snake my dog”.
The Tuvans seem to use smudge a lot, whereas I only know about that whirling tool.

Amazing how many animal-spirit-helpers that one Shaman had. It is not the objects themselves, but one’s other-dimensional connection to those ‘familiars’.

“Stones preserve information/knowledge”.
Tourists writing things on stones

Old 05-11-2021, 02:30 PM
ImthatIm

sentient
Your Siberian/Russian video had so many good points, worthy of mention.
Some more points that stick out at this time:
1. The crunch or squeak of the snow, that stuck out when I heard it.It is like an echoing thermometer letting you know how cold it really is.
2. It is probably worthy of another look-see since I feel I probably missed a lot of visual detail reading the CC.
3. I noticed the smudging right off also and believe it maybe a type of juniper...Maybe (Juniperus sibirica).
4. Loved the burning of offerings with the huge fires.The community involvement was Heart warming.
5. Yep, I caught the mans Ceremonial Spirit implements. The Bear paw and the claws
(if I remember correctly, an Osprey and Owl maybe this Ospreyhttps://sibirds.ru/v2taxon.php?s=72&l=en & one Bear claw)
and a scrotum which I caught right off the bat and laughed.Which I believed was Bear also if my memory serves me correctly, a small Bear..LOL..
Oh and I can't forget the horseys.There is nothing better than a good 'Horse lips' tickle.

Yep, I am glad you seen the first vid. I posted.
It is excellent,I geek out on the science. I wanted to post more with a Spiritual bent but I wanted to NOT push the forum boundaries to far.
So I even decided to do a little switcheroo to relax said boundaries or gray areas.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Yep, I am glad you seen the first vid. I posted.
It had more points to take note of than I can count atm. Therefore, I need to listen to it again.
Quote:
It is excellent,I geek out on the science. I wanted to post more with a Spiritual bent but I wanted to NOT push the forum boundaries to far.
Kinda know what you mean, but I cannot see one talk being more ‘spiritual’ than the other.
To gather only for your needs leaving the rest for others (for example) – is not ‘spiritual talk’ as such.
It is just common sense, common courtesy when you live in a community, live in a village where everyone gathers.
Sometimes I have noticed people upgrading ordinary stuff to some higher ‘spiritual’ significance in their minds just because it is a first nation person who says it.
That kind of attitude putting indigenous on a false pedestal only enables scams. No wonder a whole industry of new age frauds and plastic shamans developed.
The more scientific talk reminded me of 2 very special sites – which to me were ‘Sacred’.

One – a conservationist took us in….
A ‘Hall of Elders’ or the ‘Council of Elders’ was the feeling of it as one could palpably feel how those trees were in ‘telepathic' communication.

The other … You walk in the forest and then all-of-a-sudden the whole atmosphere changes. You walk to a Tree and now everything is in a silent/telepathic … direct inner knowing shifted state … even the ants.
No mushroom taking necessary – just re-learning to listen to the trees with one’s whole being, maybe one could say …

I really cannot wait for the rewilding of some areas to Oak forests again and people reconnecting to their own ‘spiritual’ cultural roots through the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWOqeyPIVRo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kHZ0a_6TxY

Old 06-11-2021, 02:39 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
That kind of attitude putting indigenous on a false pedestal only enables scams. No wonder a whole industry of new age frauds and plastic shamans developed.
Oh, you must know some of my neighbors..LOL..
The frauds and plastic medicine people don't bother me so much.
The people practicing dark hurtful medicine are the ones that seem to intersect on my path.
Which is a whole different animal because they are much more sneaky and deceptive.Grrr,Grrr
Old 07-11-2021, 09:08 AM
Master
Quote:
The people practicing dark hurtful medicine are the ones that seem to intersect on my path.
Which is a whole different animal because they are much more sneaky and deceptive.Grrr,Grrr
Care to expand on that?

Old 07-11-2021, 11:53 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Care to expand on that?
Grrr,Grrr, means 'me no likey'..LOL
I don't have a problem expanding on some of this stuff.
It's just my writing capabilities are limited so I will just summarize to expand.

1. Shortly after I first started meditating around 1988 I received a vision of a persons face I was narrowly acquainted with,
and with it I also received an audio sentence."She's the one with the male/mail in her". Male or mail I did not know which.
I was interested so I went to her and explained that I had received this message about her.
This was very, very awkward for me and I just stepped into it because I wanted to know what this was all about.
Both the audio and visual and what the heck the message meant and if it was accurate.
To my surprise her eyes got very very big and she sort of melted emotionally and said,
"my parents where satan worshipers and they held several rituals when I was young and put a male spirit in me"....GRRR,Grrr,Grrr,Grrr!!!!!!!!!!!
So I helped her by taking her to a friend that worked with his hands and energy.

2. Two weeks or so later my friend came to me and told me he was in some serious trouble and I could see he was distraught.
He told me that he got involved with devil worshipers and they shot him in the back with what they called spiritual darts.GRRR,Grrr,Grrr!!!!!!!
He said he went to a priest for help, but to no avail.
I took him to the man/friend I was helping do the sweat lodge with.We helped him over a few weeks and he seemed to recover.

So that was just the beginning of my spiritual adventures helping out people that get hurt by other dark hurtful medicine people.
Trust me when I say, I have no interest in getting tangled up with these dark hurtful type people and thankfully it has been a lot quieter
on that front for some years and thankfully it has been only the run of the mill dark hurtful things lately.
Old 07-11-2021, 10:41 PM
Master
^
Thought satan or devil worshipers only existed in movies.
But I suppose there are people who do seek the ‘occult’ in pursuit of “psychic powers” - what not.

I still have difficulties with the word “medicine” as it is used so broadly.

Seems like First Nations are sought in altruist naïve idealism and romanticism on one hand and on the other - in search of the paranormal.

Disturbing. Wouldn’t call either pursuits as “spiritual”.

I also do not know what “European witchcraft” is or was.

On the subject .... ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vWY4LMy4kU

Old 08-11-2021, 04:01 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:

Disturbing. Wouldn’t call either pursuits as “spiritual”.

On the subject .... ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vWY4LMy4kU

Cool.I wouldn't call them anything since I don't really know what any of those labels are or if I've met any altruist's or paranormal seekers.

Here is the sequel.(He is a book seller, so that should be kept in mind)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvoMBBZMIiE

Last edited by ImthatIm : 08-11-2021 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-11-2021, 07:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Cool.I wouldn't call them anything since I don't really know what any of those labels are or if I've met any altruist's or paranormal seekers.

Here is the sequel.(He is a book seller, so that should be kept in mind)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvoMBBZMIiE
I plead guilty to altruist naïve idealism and romanticism.
I imagined all Amerinds to be into Nature and ever since I first learned about people like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfkONbbnkGM
… I thought all Amerinds were ’Warriors Against Discriminations of World Indigenous Peoples’. (Still love his talks but).
But not that many people are actually connected to Nature nor their traditions, let alone knowledgeable about other indigenous peoples in the world, I've since learned.
In other words I was in love with my own (stereotype, imagined) projections.

All indig. people have some “medicine power” & imo. this is quite true. But mere psychic or astral travel abilities do not a Shaman or a Nagual make.

I shall watch these videos again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm1O0EPQH_0

Anything you’d like to add, point out, address, discuss, correct or validate in them ImthatIm?