Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Old 01-10-2020, 03:17 AM
Master
Exclamation 😃 HYPOCRISY FROM AN ISLAM VIEWPOINT 😃

Hypocrisy is generally mentioned in all of the main religions but in Islam, it takes on special meanings.

Hypocrisy, the act, is transliterated* as nifāq (نفاق).

Hypocrites, the plural noun defining the persons is munafiqun which in Arabic is منافقون. A singular hypocrite is transliterated* as munāfiq which in Arabic is منافق.

In Islam, there are two types of hypocrisy. They are:
1. Hypocrisy of belief
2. Hypocrisy in action

Of the 2 main categories, each category has many sub-categories.

This discussion will look at over 25 various types of hypocrisy.

The first type of hypocrisy deals with falsehood and lying. We might ask, how can falsehoods and lying be considered a type of hypocrisy?
When Allah mentions in the Qur'an hypocrisy, he always mentions lying.

Surah al-munafiqun (63):1 mentions this point:

"When the hypocrites come to you, [O Muhammad], they say, "We testify that you are the Messenger of Allah ." And Allah knows that you are His Messenger, and Allah testifies that the hypocrites are liars.

* Transliteration is a close pronunciation of a word using English letters.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 29-10-2020, 06:40 PM
Master

For an Islam follower, not taking position against acts of abject violence against infidels, committed and / or instigated by some Islam followers, isn't it hypocrisy?

I assume there are various subdivisions in Islam, and only some condone deadly violence against infidels. Isn't it hypocrisy from the rest of Islam followers to not condemn in the most firm and clear terms those teachings and practices?

I don't see that happening.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 13-11-2020, 06:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
For an Islam follower, not taking position against acts of abject violence against infidels, committed and / or instigated by some Islam followers, isn't it hypocrisy?

I assume there are various subdivisions in Islam, and only some condone deadly violence against infidels. Isn't it hypocrisy from the rest of Islam followers to not condemn in the most firm and clear terms those teachings and practices?

I don't see that happening.

As I unveil Islam's view point on hypocrisy, I suspect your questions will be fully answered.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-11-2020, 06:40 AM
Master
The second type of hypocrisy deals with treachery.

When a person gives his trust/confidence to a man, his wife, his son, his companion, his friend or the leader, etc., then deceives and acts treacherously without legal justification from the Sharia ("the way."), then clearly, this is a sign of hypocrisy and one can only find refuge with Allah.

Old 13-11-2020, 07:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Hypocrisy is generally mentioned in all of the main religions but in Islam, it takes on special meanings.

Hypocrisy, the act, is transliterated* as nifāq (نفاق).

Hypocrites, the plural noun defining the persons is munafiqun which in Arabic is منافقون. A singular hypocrite is transliterated* as munāfiq which in Arabic is منافق.

In Islam, there are two types of hypocrisy. They are:
1. Hypocrisy of belief
2. Hypocrisy in action

Of the 2 main categories, each category has many sub-categories.

This discussion will look at over 25 various types of hypocrisy.

The first type of hypocrisy deals with falsehood and lying. We might ask, how can falsehoods and lying be considered a type of hypocrisy?
When Allah mentions in the Qur'an hypocrisy, he always mentions lying.

Surah al-munafiqun (63):1 mentions this point:

"When the hypocrites come to you, [O Muhammad], they say, "We testify that you are the Messenger of Allah ." And Allah knows that you are His Messenger, and Allah testifies that the hypocrites are liars.

* Transliteration is a close pronunciation of a word using English letters.

Are there any circumstances when it is appropriate to lie?

The Dalai Lama was once asked that question and I'm curious to hear your take on it.
Old 13-11-2020, 07:22 AM
Master
Lying is not allowed in Islam but...........
some allow a lie to be told to preserve a life.

Old 13-11-2020, 07:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Are there any circumstances when it is appropriate to lie?

The Dalai Lama was once asked that question and I'm curious to hear your take on it.

How did the Dalai Lama answer that question?

Old 14-11-2020, 02:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Lying is not allowed in Islam but...........
some allow a lie to be told to preserve a life.

That was precisely where I was going with my question.

In Asthanga Yoga, as well as in Buddhism, AHIMSA (non-violence, non-harming) takes precedence over SATYA (truthfulness).

At Marble Collegiate Church, it was brought up in a discussion group that the Abrahamic religions are historically the most violent of all the religions. It's interesting that they have such a strong position on "lying" when they seem to have less of a concern about harming others in the name of religion.
Old 14-11-2020, 02:41 PM
Master
Quote:
How did the Dalai Lama answer that question?

When asked whether there were any circumstances where lying was permissible, the Dalai Lama answered unequivocally: "Of course".

When asked for an example, he cited an instance of a hunter going into the forest to kill deer for the sport of it (not for food).

He questioned a monk about a deer that he had been pursuing and asked which direction the deer had gone.

Although the monk definitely knew which direction the deer had gone, he intentionally "lied" to the hunter and pointed him in the opposite direction.

As I mentioned in my previous post, AHIMSA (non-harming, non-violence) takes precedence over SATYA (truthfulness) in Buddhism, Asthanga Yoga, and other eastern traditions.
Old 14-11-2020, 03:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
When asked whether there were any circumstances where lying was permissible, the Dalai Lama answered unequivocally: "Of course".

When asked for an example, he cited an instance of a hunter going into the forest to kill deer for the sport of it (not for food).

He questioned a monk about a deer that he had been pursuing and asked which direction the deer had gone.

Although the monk definitely knew which direction the deer had gone, he intentionally "lied" to the hunter and pointed him in the opposite direction.

As I mentioned in my previous post, AHIMSA (non-harming, non-violence) takes precedence over SATYA (truthfulness) in Buddhism, Asthanga Yoga, and other eastern traditions.

Imo lying is definitely sometimes acceptable/wise but it depends on your ' Intentions '