Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > EFT

Old 26-07-2011, 03:22 AM
Master
bringing this up....

Old 23-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Master
bringing this up...

Xan

Old 24-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Pathfinder

I did some EFT for the first time with my therapist yesterday. She walked be through the points after going through the numbers of what I am trying to release (smoking cigarettes addiction).

Honestly it seemed odd and not long after the session went for the cigarettes instead of tapping. I will continue to try it though and plan to spend some time today reading up more. I think my therapist sent me some additional information as well.

I want to believe in it as at least one tool to support my real desire to rid myself of the addiction.

Thanks for the thread. I look forward to reading and hearing about others experiences.

French Fry
Old 24-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Master
FF... Yes.... keeping on with EFT is important. It sometimes takes some time to change a habit like smoking, or any emotional patterns that might be involved with it too.

Xan

Old 02-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Master
that's cool your therapist brought it up FrenchFry bumping this
Old 05-09-2011, 11:31 AM
This is sort of a similar topic. I thought I'd bring this up by posting what was on the Coast to Coast Radio last night - the old Art Bell Show:

Power:

On Sunday's show with George Noory, author, therapist, and lecturer Burt Goldman shared his techniques for healing, developing creative abilities, and enhancing one's well-being.

Goldman shared a technique (a variation on EMDR therapy), for overcoming psychological traumas. A person reenacts the trauma in their mind and then rapidly moves their eyes to the extreme left, and then extreme right for 10 second periods. By repeating this exercise three times for a total of 30 seconds, the problem can be resolved, he claimed.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Master
the book I'm reading is about "esm" (emotional self management) a variation on eft.. and a little emdr is incorporated in it, along with another thing or two. it's a really interesting book. I am nearly finished.. haven't been doing the tapping but I am running out of excuses since I'm almost done and already passed the part where you can try it on yourself.. So my procrastination party is about over lol

I'll be sure to post about my results. the book is called Instant Emotional Healing for those curious
Old 05-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
...but I am running out of excuses...

Too funny, I can't relate at all.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Master
"Even though I'm running out of excuses, I deeply love and accept myself." again and again, with your palm on your heart center, and breathing.

You might throw in the EMDR eye movement thing as an enhancement.

Xan

Old 07-09-2011, 01:46 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
the book I'm reading is about "esm" (emotional self management) a variation on eft.. and a little emdr is incorporated in it, along with another thing or two. it's a really interesting book. I am nearly finished.. haven't been doing the tapping but I am running out of excuses since I'm almost done and already passed the part where you can try it on yourself.. So my procrastination party is about over lol

I'll be sure to post about my results. the book is called Instant Emotional Healing for those curious

EMDR did some good for me though it wasn't as smooth going as my therapist promoted. However with the EFT I lost interest pretty quickly. Perhaps I will pick it up again soon. I just couldn't really make a connection to the process.

FF