Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 05-08-2020, 08:26 AM
55Degrees

Yayyy.
New section all for us cardslingers.

Hopefully we can engage some newbies and lurkers to come and join us.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:31 AM
Master
For 13-years continuously, starting back in the 1970’s, I studied a Tarot course from a Qabbalistic point of view. It did not put emphasis on reading the cards rather it put emphasis on using the Major Arcana as a tool for spiritual development. The whole thing was oriented towards the Hebrew Qabbalah, how the tarot fit on the Tree of Life, the Cube of Space, and it contained Hermetic Philosophy and somewhat of a Theosophical approach. It also drew correlations between the 52-deck of cards and the tarot.

This is a method that is not widely embraced, nonetheless, I got a tremendous amount of benefit from it along the lines of consciousness development. The first thing each student did in this course, under supervision, was to create their own tarot deck from scratch, Coloring in the pictures and learning the archetypal symbols in the cards, etc.

This course drew a correlation between most divination tools and showed how numerology, astrology, etc., were incorporated in the tarot cards. So my suggestion is to expand on tarot practice beyond reading the cards, and I would be happy to offer what knowledge I have from the coursework which I still have. That said, I don’t know how popular and approach like this would be because it may be contrary to what most practice, but it does contain exercises, like the Magic Squares, where one can gain instant insights. Just a suggestion that says expand and go beyond popular practices.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:49 AM
55Degrees

Hi Starman.
Thank you for the amazing offer.
This is what we need here......people willing to share their knowledge.

I'm busy looking into Qabbala, I've only just started dipping in to Lon Milo DuQuette. It's something I may be interested in once I've grasped the concept.
Legrand is busy studying it in connection with tarot with hos own thread but can I hit you up for some insight once I've read a bit more about it?
Old 05-08-2020, 01:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Degrees
Hi Starman.
Thank you for the amazing offer.
This is what we need here......people willing to share their knowledge.

I'm busy looking into Qabbala, I've only just started dipping in to Lon Milo DuQuette. It's something I may be interested in once I've grasped the concept.
Legrand is busy studying it in connection with tarot with hos own thread but can I hit you up for some insight once I've read a bit more about it?

Definitely! I am a retired person who goes camping in the great outdoors two weeks every month. Stayed quarantined for about 6-months and went nowhere, but in July things began to open, campgrounds, etc., so I have resumed my excursions into the great outdoors.

I tell you this because often I am in the boondocks without any internet or phone connection. But if you post something publicly I will be glad to give you my take on it, and maybe others can contribute to it as well. Maybe a new Qabbalistic Tarot thread might be started? I enjoy the Qabbalah.

So here is and example of a very basic Magic Square;

Major Arcana Tarot Keys
1-2-3
4-5-6
7-8-9

ACCROSS
1-2-3 added together = 6
4-5-6 added together = 15 (1 + 5 = 6)
7-8-9 added together = 24 (2 + 4 = 6)

In a Magic Square you try to get at least three rows to add up, or be reduced, to the same number. There are lots of combinations that can be used with tarot cards to form a magic square. This square is about the number six. In numerology the number 6 is about harmony, and in spirituality it is about the Christ Consciousness. In the Tarot Major Arcana it is The Lovers.

Concentrating on the tarot cards laid out in this order and understanding the cards that are in this square can give insights into The Christ Consciousness, as well as harmony. This is a very basic example. Most of Tarot study involves concentration, this includes Qabbalistic study; and part of the tarot study I went thru involved studying concentration. What is it, etc.

I am leaving this Sunday on a camping trip, may or may not have wifi where I am going, but it would be a joy for me to share what I learned from Qabbalistc studies, and I am sure there are others here with knowledge on this as well.

Kabbalah, Cabala, Qabbalah, It is thought that Jews spell it with a “K,” Christian Gnostics spell it with a “C,’ and occultists spell it with a “Q,” It liberally means a body of knowledge, and is viewed as the mystical interpretation of that knowledge.

Peace