Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 03-08-2020, 01:22 AM
Pathfinder

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
Thanks for this.

As long as you moral sense has you rejecting the sacrifice lie, the encounter was worthy.

Regards
DL

In Terms of Truth, we do not for sure know that Jesus existed. There seems to be a profound wisdom in the words attributed to Him and forms a basis to believe that He existed and His words are True ( We can actually fathom that are True and some are Faith (Father, heavenly palaces which cannot be ruled out).

This is more about sacrifice lie. I dont think if I said that was lie. I do think it is a sacrifice and the top notch sacrifice that He talked of. Laying down one's life.

That sacrifice is not Him bearing punishment in out place. On the contrary one of the purpose I see is that He teaches us that we also should be willing to go to extra ordinary lengths, even unto crucifixion.

I think He said 2 things.

1. His blood had to be shed. The reason that Christians give is IMO based on Apostle Paul's speculations which seems unsound. I believe that Christ's words get another dimension of credibility with His walk matching the talk. Showing that we need to be willing to sacrifice and put up with comfort ( Actually contrary to avoiding punishment for sins, we should even accept punishment for sins not committed). I see a highlight in His words "Father forgive them for they do not know what they do". Turn you other cheek is not mere words. I would also say that all rules have exceptions, and we do not walk by rules but by spirit, and barring those extraordinary exceptional cases we would have to turn the other cheek.

2. Second He said it is a sign to the unbelievers.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:32 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Don't know much about that! I think I would rather exchange it for pair of lightweight hip boots with felt bottoms, a 9 foot graphite fly rod, and a few nymph patterns. Then I could walk and fish at the same time. Now that is communing with God.

Whether you know it or not, the state you are in, is the state you are in.

A happy go lucky person is likely closer to God than most worrying religious fools. Somehow, we seem to be in times were religious implies fools and using both words is redundant.

fishing refers to means of livelihood. Dont think hurting a living being for a sport would be approved.

While happiness is a good/necessary test, it is not a sufficient test. people can possibly be temporarily, moderately happy embracing evil.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundation123
Whether you know it or not, the state you are in, is the state you are in. ...
I like this kind of arguments. Quite effective, kind of like a reversed koan.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:19 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I like this kind of arguments. Quite effective, kind of like a reversed koan.
If one does not know the state they are in then they can know they are in the state of confusion....
Old 08-08-2020, 05:30 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundation123
In Terms of Truth, we do not for sure know that Jesus existed. There seems to be a profound wisdom in the words attributed to Him and forms a basis to believe that He existed and His words are True ( We can actually fathom that are True and some are Faith (Father, heavenly palaces which cannot be ruled out).

This is more about sacrifice lie. I dont think if I said that was lie. I do think it is a sacrifice and the top notch sacrifice that He talked of. Laying down one's life.

That sacrifice is not Him bearing punishment in out place. On the contrary one of the purpose I see is that He teaches us that we also should be willing to go to extra ordinary lengths, even unto crucifixion.

I think He said 2 things.

1. His blood had to be shed. The reason that Christians give is IMO based on Apostle Paul's speculations which seems unsound. I believe that Christ's words get another dimension of credibility with His walk matching the talk. Showing that we need to be willing to sacrifice and put up with comfort ( Actually contrary to avoiding punishment for sins, we should even accept punishment for sins not committed). I see a highlight in His words "Father forgive them for they do not know what they do". Turn you other cheek is not mere words. I would also say that all rules have exceptions, and we do not walk by rules but by spirit, and barring those extraordinary exceptional cases we would have to turn the other cheek.

2. Second He said it is a sign to the unbelievers.

All silliness given that a god cannot die and a sacrifice that does not stay dead is not a worthy sacrifice.

To turn the other cheek is an insult.

Yes, we should insult those of faith without facts.

Their faith is garbage, as can be seen by their faith in a homophobic and misogynous religion and their geocidal god.

Regards
DL
Old 08-08-2020, 06:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
All silliness given that a god cannot die and a sacrifice that does not stay dead is not a worthy sacrifice.

To turn the other cheek is an insult.

Yes, we should insult those of faith without facts.

Their faith is garbage, as can be seen by their faith in a homophobic and misogynous religion and their geocidal god.

Regards
DL
And what do you have to offer?

Tearing down one religion so as to build up another's ego does not fit in with my beliefs.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 09-08-2020, 01:31 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
And what do you have to offer?

Tearing down one religion so as to build up another's ego does not fit in with my beliefs.

Your immoral genocidal god loving ways seem to have fully corrupted your moral sense.

You know you are a moral coward when you cannot condemn a genocidal and infanticidal garbage god like Yahweh.

Keep following Satan.

Regards
DL
Old 09-08-2020, 06:57 PM
Administrator
Hello

Go along to get along. We are all children of the Light and the Dark. We all have it in us to KILL or to Be KILLED.

God, god or Satan, devil its all under the one ROOF on the planet we all Earth.

Also whom are "we" as an individual or community, country ect to put out views on another. We are no better or worse than anyone. At time we have to politically mind our own "HOUSE" first and let others do the same.

We might not like how others run things but too we need to keep it in mind we do not have to live in that place in time. Next life whom knows.

Lynn
Old 09-08-2020, 09:43 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Go along to get along. We are all children of the Light and the Dark. We all have it in us to KILL or to Be KILLED.

God, god or Satan, devil its all under the one ROOF on the planet we all Earth.

Also whom are "we" as an individual or community, country ect to put out views on another. We are no better or worse than anyone. At time we have to politically mind our own "HOUSE" first and let others do the same.

We might not like how others run things but too we need to keep it in mind we do not have to live in that place in time. Next life whom knows.

Lynn

You want me to play nice with those who would discriminate and denigrate all women while denying them full equality.

I would like to learn to tone down my condemnation of that discrimination without a just cause by better than half the planet.

As a woman who likely have a lot less in the bank because of your perceived inequality, not to mention your station in life, which would likely had been higher without that unjust institutionalized discrimination.

Please give me a nice friendly argument or apologetic to cover the nice religionists who do not discriminate against you without a just cause.

Please. I really want to know how to not call a homophobic and misogynous S.O.B, --- a misogynous S.O.B.

If you have something on how to tell Christians that a genocidal and infanticidal prick of a god is also un-worthy of any human.

Regards
DL
Old 09-08-2020, 10:33 PM
Master

Discussion: Members are reminded this is a discussion forum and not a debate forum. That is to say: Debates are destructive as they present one-sided opinions and destroy reasoned arguments, whereas discussions are constructive and encourage the expression of opinion. Trolling and preaching are not forms of discussion and posts or threads of that nature may be deleted, and those who persistently debate / troll / preach without looking to discuss may be subject to warnings leading to Disciplinary Action.

Respect: Please respect other member’s and their beliefs, opinions, and views at all times. Members are also advised to be polite to other members at all times. Aggression, disrespect, baiting, flaming, homophobia , racism , name calling (this includes calling people trolls or accusing them of trolling.), belittling, sarcasm, bullying, gossiping, are all unacceptable behaviour and will, if persistent despite reminders and warnings, result in Disciplinary Action. If, however, the breach of the above rule is considered too severe, Staff may at their discretion forego both the reminder and warning and resort immediately to Disciplinary Action. Adversarial and aggressive posts deter people who would like to contribute to discussions from participation in these boards.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.