Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-07-2020, 11:17 PM
Pathfinder

Understanding Truth

Christ said "I am the Truth. I am the way"

Can we understand simple Truth? Differentiate Truth from belief/Faith?

How much are we in Truth when we go to Genesis or Revelation or for that matter some of the theologies dished out by Apostle Paul?
Old 26-07-2020, 12:31 AM
PureEvil760

The difference between Truth and belief is night and day.

You're not in truth at all currently, you are the captain and creator of your own little world.. The Truth is much greater and due to free-will cannot force itself into your world, you must allow yourself to enter into it. Our current perception, our own little worlds compared to the Truth are like an ant compared to the sun, the sun cannot fit inside an ant.
Old 26-07-2020, 12:33 AM
Master

What makes you think that "the truth" is simple? Anyway, I believe that "the truth" can be known (intuitively), more than it can be understood (intellectually). That would also take care of differentiating it from false beliefs.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-07-2020, 12:41 AM
PureEvil760

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
What makes you think that "the truth" is simple? Anyway, I believe that "the truth" can be known (intuitively), more than it can be understood (intellectually). That would also take care of differentiating it from false beliefs.

The Truth is simple by comparison to the complexity we've created in order to physically survive.

The Truth is easy, simple, peaceful.. if it wern't it would not be heaven.

It's like you're throwing rocks into a placid lake, causing distortions instead of simply letting the lake simply be calm and placid.
Old 26-07-2020, 01:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureEvil760
The Truth is simple by comparison to the complexity we've created in order to physically survive.

The Truth is easy, simple, peaceful.. if it wern't it would not be heaven.

It's like you're throwing rocks into a placid lake, causing distortions instead of simply letting the lake simply be calm and placid.

letting it be calm is at least a start, but if you really want a view start draining water.
Old 26-07-2020, 01:21 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundation123
Christ said "I am the Truth. I am the way"

Can we understand simple Truth? Differentiate Truth from belief/Faith?

How much are we in Truth when we go to Genesis or Revelation or for that matter some of the theologies dished out by Apostle Paul?
Good question.

Truth, simple, belief, faith, even 'you' or 'I'. These are all words and concepts that I am never quite sure I fully understand. Just when it seems I almost have them pinned down, something comes along and shifts them on me. That said, they do seem to work well enough for jobs that have a wide enough tolerance for imprecision. For now that is perhaps the best I can do.

Luckily, not all jobs require precision. Appreciation of art and beauty, love, fear, happiness, despair, peace, wonder, etc, all these words and concepts function quite well, even better, without it, perhaps they even defy it.

Still ponds are beautiful, but it is also beautiful when a bull frog jumps in to watch the waves undulate through the lily pads. Or to see the sun light or moon light sparkle off the ripples caused by the breeze. Even a ship tossed about in a tempest on the ocean is a an awe inspiring picture. It's all good.
Old 26-07-2020, 01:28 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
letting it be calm is at least a start, but if you really want a view start draining water.
True, yet if we drain the water from a pond to get a better view, what we see is a depression in the land, not the pond. Neither being more true or real than the other, both just being what they are.
Old 26-07-2020, 02:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
True, yet if we drain the water from a pond to get a better view, what we see is a depression in the land, not the pond. Neither being more true or real than the other, both just being what they are.

i was actually referring to the empty space where the water was, not to the depression in the land
Old 26-07-2020, 03:14 AM
Master

To the posters who wrote that "the truth" is simple: please post simply, clearly: what that truth is. Thanks.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-07-2020, 04:42 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
i was actually referring to the empty space where the water was, not to the depression in the land
Yes, I did get that. I was thinking of both. The depression in the land defines the space.... well at least contributes to the delineation, whether full of water or not. But full of water we have a pond, and all that comes with that.

My thought was the empty mind is often elevated in value above the full. But I think perhaps that is because it is a rare thing for most in life. Life has a way of filling up the mind. I don't see this as better or worse, just two different states of mind.