Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 15-06-2020, 05:47 AM
Ascender

Hello.

Wondering if every"thing" is a result of process?

petex
Old 15-06-2020, 09:28 AM
Guide
When I saw this subject, the first thing I thought was, "a tree grows..." Life is about progression. For us, life is a grand representation of progression. And life -- our perception of life -- is a part of all things.

Human beings define time. We live by that definition. We question that definition. We denounce that definition. We fear that definition. We fear time.
For us, it only exists as long as we define it and as long as we perceive it as something that must be defined, or denounced, or feared. However, irregardless of your definitions, perceptions, fears...that tree still grows...and changes.

Oh, this subject also made me think of Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut. Actually, I think of it every time someone says time isn't linear or time is an illusion. It's interesting commentary on the subjects of time, cause/effect, free will, and the ways that we experience and view life.
Old 15-06-2020, 11:40 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Yeah, I think that is better. Nothing is a state of quiescent mind / consciousness, and while it remains quiescent, there is no change. Forms on the other hand, in accordance with the laws of thermodynamics are always changing, always moving from low to high entropy. Now when it stirs to create forms, in a sense nothing changes as something arises from that nothing, but form always decays back into that nothing from which it came so there is a certain permanence in the backdrop of nothing from which every thing must arise and eventually return to. And certainly, no things, physical things anyway, are permanent.

I agree, neither negates or diminishes the other. In fact, when you think about it, they seem to depend on each other. Kind of like music. The notes are necessary, but so is the background of silence against which the notes are heard. Both the vibrations and the stillness are necessary to make music. Both the forms, and the background of formlessness are necessary to create a picture. Changing forms against the background of the unchanging formless consciousness, are necessary to create the experience of time.

LEELA — the Play of the Divine

http://theshishu.com/207/

Leela literally means play, and is the word commonly used in India for the play of the Divine. This point of view, naturally, assumes that there is a Divine; that having ‘created’ the universe, It is actively engaged in the affairs of Its creation; and that for It all the happenings of the universe that we sometimes take so seriously are a mere game. The game consists of changing forms, and new experiences, somewhat like what happens on a movie screen. Since Vedanta looks upon the material world as a manifestation of the Divine, the play consists essentially of the Divine creating and recreating Itself. As Sri Aurobindo says, the Divine is “Himself the play, Himself the player, Himself the playground.”
Old 15-06-2020, 11:45 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello.

Wondering if every"thing" is a result of process?

petex

Not sure what you mean by process, but perhaps.

Physical things are made of matter which is made of energy in both potential and kinetic forms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSKzgpt4HBU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo232kyTsO0

Old 15-06-2020, 02:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello all.

Wondering what thoughts we might share concerning the relationship between change-- of whatever sort-- and the passage of time--of whatever duration.

petex

Time as we measure it, is relative to certain stars and planets revolving around each other.
The flow of events is not constant. It relates to our ability to create.
Old 15-06-2020, 08:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Time as we measure it, is relative to certain stars and planets revolving around each other.
The flow of events is not constant. It relates to our ability to create.

The rotation of planets may give rise to night and day, and the movement of a planet around a star may produce recurring seasons.

But in terms of how we experience time, the best definition I have come across is that time is the interval between two events in consciousness.

Peace
Old 15-06-2020, 09:38 PM
Ascender

Hello.

The universe has no need to measure the passage of time, but is replete with sequence and consequence.

If every"thing" is the result of process, then "creation" is the result of process, not thing.?

petex
Old 15-06-2020, 10:54 PM
Master

Quote:
If every"thing" is the result of process, then "creation" is the result of process, not thing.?
petex
Just curious ... What difference does it make to you either way?
  1. What would be your next step if you concluded that "creation" is the result of process?
    Answer: ...
  2. What would be your next step if you concluded that "creation" is the result of process?
    Answer: ...
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 15-06-2020, 11:29 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Hello.

The universe has no need to measure the passage of time, but is replete with sequence and consequence.

petex

There has to be a place outside process. Some might call it Infinity. Others Absolute. Others God or Divine. Others still the Unified Field or perhaps the Quantum Wave Function though I think it's probably deeper than that. That which is outside time, space and causality. The cause of all and not the result of cause. That which has no beginning nor end. The very Bedrock on which all existence depends yet depends on nothing.
Old 16-06-2020, 04:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
The rotation of planets may give rise to night and day, and the movement of a planet around a star may produce recurring seasons.

But in terms of how we experience time, the best definition I have come across is that time is the interval between two events in consciousness.
Peace

Never the less, this is how humans measure time, is it not?
When I talk to my friend Scheram nala about time, she always tells me, there is no such thing as time and nor is there any space.
There is a flow of events on all levels of existence except at the highest level we often call source.

So, time can only be a concept to categorize the flow we experience, and as we try to understand the workings of the (uni)verse, and we understand in this reality has to have a beginning and and end, we use the rotation of planets as a blue print.