Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 08-07-2019, 02:22 PM
Administrator
Hello

I find it so interesting how many variations there are to the original tarot cards created. How the images are varied but they hold a similar message meaning.

For me the Guide Book with cards hold the energy of the creator of the cards so its rare I turn to it. When I looked for cards that held something for me, I look to the image on the cards. I have so many decks that I do not turn to. Yet they called to me.

I use John Holland's Psychic Tarot they are the one's that called to me the most and that I find the images on easy to connect to with intuition. Again based on the tradition al tarot with a twist of the Chakra cards in play I find it opens to a new and interesting level.

I have had to get new decks a few times now as they are that used.

I am not sure if anyone else has found this, but I got another deck thinking I would just change out some worn cards (as some come into a reading more than others at times) and the colours of the borders do not match. So they don't fit the deck fully.

Lynn
Old 08-07-2019, 03:50 PM
Master
I have not had to replace a deck yet, so I don't have that experience either.
My Green Witch shows a bit of wear as you can see on the card I posted yesterday, but none of my decks are in such bad shape they need replacing.
I can understand it's annoying if you want to replace a few cards and they don't match.
I don't think I'd do that myself. I don't like the idea of perfectly good cards and others with wear and tear. I feel it won't shuffle or cut equally anymore then. Like a deck tends to cut at a more damaged card.
I'd just replace the whole deck. Not a clue what I'd do with the old one, hihi. I attach to things quite a lot, including to my decks.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:52 PM
Pathfinder

I received today a new deck- Phantasmagoric Theater, so cheers!
Google will tell you what 11:11 means.
Old 09-07-2019, 12:06 PM
Master
Wowza... I'm working on a reading for someone on their life purpose. And wow! At some point I always seem to 'click in' and things begin to flow, haha. Triggered by the cards and the artwork, but I often do end up channeling, so in that sense exceeding the cards, hihi.
I always love that! Just typing away, then if I read it again later, thinking, " Did I type that??"
LOVE it!!
Old 11-07-2019, 03:44 AM
Master
Ah, all upside down cards, but the messages were all so lovely. I will post in the week ahead spread!

I had to chuckle at my prior post. Auto correction is my Achilles.

My son really wanted me to buy the anime themed tarot cards. He even campaigned by showing me fan made cards on Etsy the next day!

I will stick with Electronic cards for now. Though I do enjoy reading about the art work and seeing the pictures posted!
Old 13-07-2019, 08:46 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Wowza... I'm working on a reading for someone on their life purpose. And wow! At some point I always seem to 'click in' and things begin to flow, haha. Triggered by the cards and the artwork, but I often do end up channeling, so in that sense exceeding the cards, hihi.
I always love that! Just typing away, then if I read it again later, thinking, " Did I type that??"
LOVE it!!

Yes! I happen to have similar experiences from time to time, and the feeling is always great! I still can't discover for myself what triggers this channelling through cards.
Old 13-07-2019, 11:38 AM
Master
I've also had that happen when making a woolen fairy or angel for someone with a reading. The energies of the person and what came up defined the colours used, the style of dress and hairstyle etc. Sometimes it was more like a very young playful child, other times an older wise woman. For one boy I had a Merlin come up even! Meaning I had to make a Merlin hat from wool, that was a challenge, haha.
When I was making such a Fairy or angel I had even stronger channelings than when doing cards. I think because with wool it is open to receive whatever, with cards it's guided by the artwork which can be somewhat limiting. It's visually based to begin with. The Fairy making wasn't. It was pure intuition and feeling.

What it is, I think just being able to use the means to get connected to your own inner being, your Higher Self or whatever and from there being able to connect to someone else's Higher Self or guides.
I've also had it happen without cards or Fairies, when doing energy readings. No photo, no real name, just a nickname from a forum.
It's something you can train, develop and make stronger. And on a 'bad hair day' it won't work so well as your own energy is then too scrambled to be a clear channel for energies.
You can connect better to some than others. I also feel sometimes their Higher Self wants them to know something which helps to get information.
I think that's how it works?
Old 21-07-2019, 04:14 AM
Pathfinder

FairyCrystal, how do you find the Wheel of the Year? Did you start regular readings with it?
Old 05-08-2019, 10:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aglaya
FairyCrystal, how do you find the Wheel of the Year? Did you start regular readings with it?
I do enjoy it, yes :) Yet I do find myself going back to Wildwood Tarot a lot, haha.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:19 AM
Master
Of late drawing day cards again, usually 2.
The other day I had 2 of Cups with a card, the next day I got 2 of Cups with 2 of Bows (Wands).
The day after that I had 2 of Wands again, with another card.
I like such things :)