Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-08-2020, 05:17 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Thanks for the info. I haven't gone into this is any depth but I am aware that that this has mutated over the years and has been doing for a long time, sometimes it's treated as a 'normal' flu and sometimes it becomes a pandemic. And I guess we'll have something else in the future to contend with. We've also had various plagues and pestilences throughout history that have decimated populations in the more distant past, but what makes it seem more surreal is its effect on society and that's a reflection of the modern times.
Given the number of viruses out there and the opportunities for mutation, one is almost surprised we have gotten along as well as we have. It would seem we are swimming in a virtual sea of viruses, just as they swim around within us. Pretty remarkable stuff.

https://reasons.org/explore/blogs/th...-stars-no-way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz5WE3hgvBY
Old 12-08-2020, 04:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Given the number of viruses out there and the opportunities for mutation, one is almost surprised we have gotten along as well as we have. It would seem we are swimming in a virtual sea of viruses, just as they swim around within us. Pretty remarkable stuff.

We have more bacteria cells then human cells in our body.

We have more virus cells in our body then bacteria cells.

What are our bodies, 'human', 'bacteria' or 'virus'?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 12-08-2020, 11:25 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
We have more bacteria cells then human cells in our body.

We have more virus cells in our body then bacteria cells.

What are our bodies, 'human', 'bacteria' or 'virus'?
Quite true.

I would think one might classify our bodies as ecosystems.

Battlefields as well I suppose, as many of those viruses are probably invading many of those bacteria. Just happened to see a show that was talking about how viruses (bacteriophages specifically, viruses that attack bacteria) are being researched as the next replacement for all those fast becoming ineffective antibiotics against bacteria that have become resistant. Viruses are the latest domesticated ..... animal??.
Old 12-08-2020, 03:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
@Lucky1; I'm shocked to see land is so cheap over there. I was born in the wrong place LOL!! 75$ per one square mile. Current costs are decent as well!

Sounds like a great 'project', that's something I'd love to have as well one day. I grew up on a large piece of land. We had a forest, and fields for sheep, fallow deer and horses. Costs of land here aren't even beginning to get close to what you experience(d) though, but it's something I will consider in the future. There's a good chance that more land will be available in the future as farmers are constantly pressured and more are moving to Canada and also Russia.

What are some of the animals that roam in your area?

Altair...its not Per square mile...its by the acre and there are 640 acres in a square mile which is called a section.

In the early 1980's I paid about $75 per acres....about $48,000 per square mile...still pretty reasonable back then for the amount of land involved.

These days its just gone nuts at $2000 per acres and up...sometimes a lot up depending on where the property is at.

My land is a few miles west of Aguilares TX....it is all undeveloped, what is known as southern TX brush country.

As far as animals we have tons of whitetail deer, wild hogs, quail, coyotes and morning doves.

In Spanish, Aquilar means eagle.....so Aquilares is a place of the eagles and we have tons of Crested Caracara flying around...this is the Mexican Eagle.

We also have some apex predators show up from time to time such as Mountain lions and Jaguars that cross over from Mexico.

As far as unwanted "wildlife" We've had a big problem with illegal aliens coming across the border and crossing the property and leaving trash all over...stealing etc.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 16-08-2020, 11:50 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer

In The Matrix, Agent Smith us interrogating Morpheus and describes mankind as a virus, their respective behaviours are similar. Apparently the common cold is a Covid virus too. And as Big John points out there's a question of what are we really? Maybe we need to go back to the drawing board because often we're just running away from ourselves.
Old 16-08-2020, 03:35 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
In The Matrix, Agent Smith us interrogating Morpheus and describes mankind as a virus, their respective behaviours are similar. Apparently the common cold is a Covid virus too. And as Big John points out there's a question of what are we really? Maybe we need to go back to the drawing board because often we're just running away from ourselves.
Is it?, I did not know that. I new the cold was considered a rhinovirus, but I believe that refers to its common means of entry into the body vs. the shape of the virus itself.

Anyway, yes from the viewpoint of the planet, humanity can indeed be seen as a virus. It is taking over all of the ecological machinery of the planet and making it serve its needs. It is replicating itself without control. It does however appear to at least be partly aware that it may end up killing it's host and thereby everyone of those replicas along with it, along with everything else that depends upon that host. It is making the planet sick and parts of it are dying as it's organs are becoming over stressed. So yes, Agent Smith had a point to make.

Of course, not all humans think and act like a virus. There are some that see themselves more like those friendly gut microbes that digest our food, feeding nutrients and energy into the body, communicating, coordinating, and cooperating with their host, and then once they have grown old and served their purpose, happily being pooped back out to be digested by the earth themselves. Who knew poop was full of such noble creatures that happily do their part to keep the wheel turning, one could learn a lot from one's poop.

Are human beings an invading virus, or friendly symbiotic microbes? Depends on the attitude with which they approach and view themselves and the host that they are within, and depend upon for their survival. Let's hope the changing world is changing more toward the latter.