Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 05-03-2016, 07:00 PM
Administrator
Why do we not all "See the Tunnel"

Hello

I thought I would start a thread on this topic of why when some of us have an NDE that we do not see the "Tunnel or White Light" yet it can be in many cases proved we have had a death event.

We often report "seeing" our body and being outside our body. Yet we just sit there and nothing more happens. Now as we have a very powerful brain and logic centre that could play a role in blocking what we remember. We too are shaped by our belief system and being outside the body to the brain is not logical so could be dismissed.

I have over the years spoken publicly about NDE's and attended many events where people share their experiences and memories. Read so many books on the topic an still do not have an understanding of it all. As a Medium I know that when I cross over someone that is in "Ghost" place of being that Earth Bound mode that there is a "White Light" that opens to me, and they go over. I do not get to see more though than a light. At time I do see one's waiting for them to go in, but I never get to see in.

I have talked to many that have had a NDE and they had the Light and they felt that place of peace and came back in and are so unhappy that had to happen. The place they went was so HOME for them they wanted to stay. Some are bitter til they finally do get the death event that is final. Others learn something in staying living even if that life is one of many struggles.

I have always wondered why we are taken at times and we do not get to fully complete the dying process. I remember with my Dad telling the Dr. the actutal time of his death, yet for hours they still worked on him. Why? it is what they have to do to try and save someone. Yet he was gone I felt that from him at that time of his death. He had crossed over. It is in this place that Dr's at times can pull you back, and I do wonder on doing this at times. Many times you come back not whole and in a vegetative state.

There are one's that tell of having a Soul Transfer take place, now the Soul leaves in death and if your pulled back in you need a Soul so are you given one so that you continue on ? That Soul you originally had might not be able to come back in as it has knew knowledge with it maybe.

I have always wondered on the death process but I am in no rush to have it fully happen. I too note that Spirits that come to me can not tell me much about the whole process, mostly I get the reply you will know in your time. Why is it all so forbidden ?

Thoughts welcome on what the Light is and the Tunnel is and why we do not all get that part of the experience. Is the "Tunnel" that holding place where it is decided if your "done" for good ? Is there a higher force that has a say in this or do we control our own fate ?

Lynn
Old 05-03-2016, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator
I have often wondered what that "tunnel" is, and am still not sure. I experienced it myself once, though not clinically 'dead' at the time, but during an out of body experience in 1981 and I was fit and healthy. When I went through that tunnel, it was so fast and I had absolutely no control over it. I didn't mind but it was a bit scary. I had no idea where I would come out or end up. The speed was terrific, and there was a howling gale force wind.
I don't recall seeing a bright light at that point, but came out into a peaceful and curious scenario. Was completely alone, and in an ancient 'hall' of some kind which looked at least 1000 years old and nordic/ Scandinavian, or possibly British. There was a large stone well, with liquid flame and light in it, and in the center was a white-hot kind of light which whooshed up and threw me back.

I have often wondered if the "tunnel" is some sort of fast-track through the denser areas of the astral. If so, it may depend on our personal vibratory rate, (which deposits us in a certain 'place' of interest/learning to us at the time) which isn't necessarily something we always have conscious control over, but based on what's going on under the surface of conscious ego mind.

I never had that tunnel experience again, even though went out of body many times since.

I don't know why some do and some don't experience that in an NDE.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:26 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Was completely alone, and in an ancient 'hall' of some kind which looked at least 1000 years old and nordic/ Scandinavian, or possibly British. There was a large stone well, with liquid flame and light in it, and in the center was a white-hot kind of light which whooshed up and threw me back.

This is freaking me out. Alright so I have a pre-mortal memory. The basics you need to know here are that one day as a kid this memory was triggered when I looked at my living room under certain conditions. We had a fireplace to one side of the room. In the memory, I was in a room much like this one except with energy beings and looking out on the earth. I remember certain details about it today but many were "lost" to me over time.

I decided to start working on an animation in 3d recreating the details of the memory. The problem was that I didn't really know what to put in the place of our fireplace. I didn't remember what was there. I remembered that the room seemed dim and I couldn't see much form to it. There were probably pillars. I decided to fill in the mentioned area with... a large stone well, containing some form of energy. In the center of the wall I placed a kind of relic with white-ish energy.

The influences for my design were certainly Scandinavian.

I kid you not... lol. I just started on this a few days ago.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator
That is intriguing, SoulsInMotion.
I wondered why I was presented with that well/flame/light at the time, and wondered if it harked back to some ancient time within my memory or racial memory...or was possibly some form of archetype...(?)

But that is a bit synchronicitous (is there such a word??)

Good wishes with your animation project!
Old 06-03-2016, 01:10 AM
Knower
Well, your story made me think that perhaps my design decisions were not so arbitrary after all, but something within my subconscious may have told me what was there. And perhaps it's all symbolic language anyway.

My feeling in the pre-mortal memory was that this was a sort of checkpoint for souls in waiting between lives, or wherever it is we come from. I was told that the earth was my destination. They showed it to me, and then whoosh - I was on my way.

Thanks for the wishes. I'll be posting it on these forums when I'm done.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
We often report "seeing" our body and being outside our body. Yet we just sit there and nothing more happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I have often wondered what that "tunnel" is,
I have not had an NDE. However I have seen white (or light gray) tunnels many times. For me it happens when 'moving' through inter-dimensional space at very high 'speed' during OBE. Assuming this is the same phenomena, it would explain why its not seen when one 'just sits' there.

'Tunnels' can also be during OBE if you view from extremely large perspectives (billions of dimensions/planes at a time). Much like the way stars/galaxies group in normal space with wispy threads between them, planes with 'stuff' in them tend to cluster up in the same way. Technically such a landscape is 'full' of planes but many of them have little content and appear transparent to most ways of 'seeing'.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:50 AM
Deactivated Account
I have read before that in certain other cultures rather than experiencing a tunnel, it is more common for the NDE individuals to experience crossing a bridge of some sorts...

The author of a book about death and dying said she herself had an NDE and her 'crossing over' environment was her walking across a mountain pass...

So there appears to be some variation in what is observed in the surrounding environment, but these settings all seem to convey passing from one 'location' to another....

If I had to choose, the accounts of flying through a tunnel/vortex/wormhole at hyperspeed with wild, vibrant colors surrounding you sound like a blast...

As a general commentary - I think that some Near-Death Experiences do not progress as far along as others do. So if one individual simply experienced an OBE or perhaps found themselves in the blackness of the void - I believe there was more that would have unfolded had the experience played out longer...
Old 06-03-2016, 03:33 AM
Administrator
Hello

With mine I do not have a "time line" as i do not know how long I was not conscious. There is heart damage that is very clear to see on a scan. The Dr. says that with the impact it could well have been like CPR in that the muscles could have been in spasm, or I could have been given CPR by my friends family. My chest was not X Ray in ER that night just my jaw. By the time I got taken to the ER blood had filled cavities and blocked the clarity of the X Ray I was told. I had an investigation done on my care that I got from the fall. Seems that the care I was given was noted "substandard". I was not dropped off and registered in by anyone, I had no little I D on me as I do not drive, so how I got home is blank.

Lynn
Old 06-03-2016, 07:57 AM
Ascender
The tunnel is within a tornado that sends spirits to a better place. Many stranded spirits need to enter the storm but they fear it and remain earthbound. Many psychics tell the spirits to "enter the light" or in other words enter the storm.
Old 19-03-2016, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator
I have not personally had an nde so I have no experience to back up any of my thoughts but I have developed a theory recently that earth life is similar to our dream life in the sense our souls are in some sort of meditative state jumping in and out of a collective dream we are sharing with the use of a body. When we die we wake up in a sense by coming out of the body and becoming fully conscious of our spirit world. So it is the process of things going dark on us leaving the body to us waking up into the daylight of the spirit realm.

I will say the closest experience I had was when I had surgery they sedate you by blocking the parts of your brain that experience consciousness but I clearly remember being conscious in a completely black space or nothingness. My perception is that, that space is the space between being in our body and in the spirit world. I didn't see my body but had an awareness of myself except that I was in the middle of pure black nothing. it was an odd experience I will say and one I think souls who have difficulty letting go of this world may find themselves. I suspect this because after I fell into a severe depression I recalled that surgery experience and had a sudden sense of feeling like one life I had suicided with the intent of not existing in any form, spirit or otherwise and that is what I experienced. A time in blackness to only stew with my thoughts over the decision I made to not exist until I was coaxed back into the light. But that I was no longer in a body but not yet woken up on the other side so kind of in between. Still dreaming but not dreaming with the collective dream. Just another theory though. I have nothing to back that up with. It could be that my soul just wanted me to be aware what it felt like to have a body that didn't have the ability to be conscious of the earth realm.

It’s all fascinating though and I suspect if we aren’t meant to know then knowing would ruin the experience here. There is a lot of dramatic impact in the human experience and maybe knowing too much would keep it from being as impactful as it can be so then there would be no point in coming. Well thank you for sharing your NDE in the other thread. It was quite an intense way for your soul to get the point across to you that you were going in the wrong direction. It was brave of you to come back to all that pain. I'm glad you made it through and here.