Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-11-2021, 10:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
Because emotionally an individual can live in a normal natural love state of being, without having a knowing relationship with the Christ entity

Sure but when that relationship begins again it goes full circle do you think. Like how we were once dependent in the womb or something like that. I like the poems of Hadawijch where love is personified as Christ i do occasionally mention her the greatest mystical poet for me anyhow!
Old 04-11-2021, 11:00 PM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
That prayer was in essence an outline as what to put in a prayer. That 'outline' is fairly simple. It reads:

“‘Father,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come.
Give us each day our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins,
for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.
And lead us not into temptation."

From the NIV translation.

Matthew 6:9-13 New International Version (NIV) “This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father' in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:36 AM
Master
I wrote it correctly and that is what it says in the New International Version (NIV).

The difference is, you quoted from Matthew and I quoted the version of the Lord's Prayer found at Luke 11:2-4.

Glad to see you back.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 05-11-2021, 03:32 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
The difference is, you quoted from Matthew and I quoted the version of the Lord's Prayer found at Luke 11:2-4.

Glad to see you back.

Gotcha! But even in Luke, when we speak to our heavenly God, we refer to him as "OUR FATHER," the Father of all, even though we don't put the word 'OUR' before 'FATHER'.

Even though Jesus does sometimes refer to God as "MY FATHER" in the majority of cases, he speaks of God as "The Father". In fact he says to Mary Magdalene in John 20: 17; “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to 'THE FATHER'. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

PBU you John.
Old 07-11-2021, 05:23 PM
Guide

Getting back to the original question about Matthew 6:7, whether it's chanting or vain babbling or whatever, the issue Jesus is dealing with is one of a religious mindset that says ''If I can get the formula right, then God will hear me''. It's more of a superstitious attitude than any genuine sincere desire to communicate and to hear from God.
Old 07-11-2021, 08:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Then what is the 'true' meaning of Matthew 6:7?

if you look at the phrasing closely, it didn't say that repetitive words or babbling was the problem in and of itself. From the second half of each statement we get that what he was on about was the fact of why people chose to do things this way wasn't good. He recommended just not doing the repetition/babbling at all because it is much easier for us than trying to split the relevant hair.
Old 07-11-2021, 08:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
Matthew 6:7 "And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words."

I'm struggling with this scripture d.

If examined closely it should be less difficult to understand. No one should expect that pagans and heathens would provide good examples for praying. The ‘babbling’ indicates a lack of confidence in their gods….feeling it necessary to be repetitive. In contrast the one true God already knows your needs. By the way, ‘vain’ repetitions is a reference to their vanity and egos somehow believing that technique, appearance and style will impress God.
Old 07-11-2021, 10:10 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
If examined closely it should be less difficult to understand. No one should expect that pagans and heathens would provide good examples for praying. The ‘babbling’ indicates a lack of confidence in their gods….feeling it necessary to be repetitive. In contrast the one true God already knows your needs. By the way, ‘vain’ repetitions is a reference to their vanity and egos somehow believing that technique, appearance and style will impress God.

Molearner has spoken my mind.