Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 16-02-2022, 04:06 PM
Newbie ;)

to the core!!!!!
Old 18-02-2022, 12:13 AM
Pathfinder
Hi All,

When asking about death being sad or beautiful, I cannot but recall these beautiful words of Kahlil Gibran in The Prophet when he wrote:

"Almustafa...had waited twelve years in the city...for his ship that was to return and bear him back to the isle of his birth. And on the twelfth year...he climbed the hill without the city walls and looked seaward; and he beheld his ship coming with the mist. Then the gates of his heart were flung open, and his joy flew far over the sea....But as he descended the hill, a sadness came upon him..."

Said Socrates, "Death may be the greatest of all human blessings....Already it is time to depart, for me to die, for you to go on living. Which of us takes the better course, is not known to anyone but God."

Amadeus Wolfgang Mozart, in a letter his father, who was dying, wrote "As death, when we come to consider it closely, is the true goal of our existence, I have formed during the last few years such close relations with this best and truest friend of mankind, that his image is not only no longer terrifying to me, but is indeed very soothing and consoling! And I thank my God for graciously granting me the opportunity (you know what I mean) of learning that death is the key which unlocks the door to our true happiness."

I just wanted to add my two-cents-worth to this excellently titled Thread (kudos, Dream Jo),

David

"...better...the day of death than the day of one's birth. It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart. Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better. The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth."

"Memento Mori."
Old 18-02-2022, 06:49 PM
Master

'Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow.'

The final words of Steve Jobs before he died.

Peace
Old 18-02-2022, 07:34 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
'Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow.'
English is not my native language.
How that expression is most likely understood by the native English speakers? Does it express wondering, surprising, fear, joy, pleasure?
Old 18-02-2022, 07:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanik
How that expression is most likely understood by the native English speakers? Does it express wondering, surprising, fear, joy, pleasure?
I suggest that it means awestruck wonder and surprising joy.

Peace