Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality > Faiths of Indigenous Peoples

Old 12-05-2021, 03:43 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Had watched that already & I really like this Abraham Cupeiro chap, he has got the passion and the feel for the instruments plus the technical know how to get into the spirit of things …

Yep.
Checked out some of his other stuff on his channel.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:32 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
But I am more intrigued by the Carnyx, because it has an ‘echo’ to it - didge doesn’t have.
And those ‘echoes’ can really capture my attention, but then I might get lost in them.
Like the silly & lame joke:
Have you heard of the lost tribe?”
No. Who are they?
Their name is “Where the f* are we?”

Yep, I have heard of the Fukarwe tribe. LOL
And yes everyone does have an Irish relative.LOL

Yep, the Carnyx echo does grab you right away.
I think I have the know how to make one.
I have made a similar head that my late friend requested I make him.
He wanted a Dragon head to go on the end of his little patio fireplace to cap his little chimney.
So we had many of nites lighting up the Dragon.
He would grab the charcoal lighting fluid and sqiurt it on the fire
until fire was coming out of the Dragons mouth. Funny thing is I had
put a snake like tongue in the mouth and when the fire would hit it it would wiggle back and forth, like in some of the Carnyx's.
And the eyes had red glass beads that lit up.

I miss him, he was a Leprechaun.He listened to the best Bluegrass.
Old 12-05-2021, 07:35 PM
Master
Ah, I am so glad you liked the William Barton piece. (He has lost a lot of weight).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXSp0caBfxU

About things becoming real.
I had told this story here somewhere on the forum before.

On a street, from a distance I could feeeel the Aboriginal bloke approaching me was Northern Territorian. It was his ‘energy field’, Northern Territory (desert country) was written all over his auric field.
So when he got close, I said “You’re from ….. !!!
Yes he was ...

Hugs, hugs, more hugs … I really wanted to feel this desert country feeling as I had missed it - tell it through him I loved it.

And then he started singing his Songline song from his country, right there in the middle of the street - a bit like Barton. Loud, proud, no shame, bearing his soul and heart – this ‘auric energy of a place’ had a voice, a song ….

A thrill that was, a treasure …

Old 12-05-2021, 08:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I think I have the know how to make one.
I have made a similar head that my late friend requested I make him.
He wanted a Dragon head to go on the end of his little patio fireplace to cap his little chimney.
So we had many of nites lighting up the Dragon.
He would grab the charcoal lighting fluid and sqiurt it on the fire
until fire was coming out of the Dragons mouth. Funny thing is I had
put a snake like tongue in the mouth and when the fire would hit it it would wiggle back and forth, like in some of the Carnyx's.
And the eyes had red glass beads that lit up.
Great!
And yes. I think one has to make one’s own instruments.
Like the drum. Though I might just buy one, but from the place of my “dreaming” in Lapland – if I ever get this vaccination and international boarders open and if I live long enough ….

Though as I understand it - “Dreamtime” is more – beyond time & space - including past, present and future …
But “your dreaming” (not specifically about dreams or ‘astral travelling’, though it can manifest through them) …. is more like the ‘collective subconscious’ of ‘your people’, or anything …
I used to call it “your soulfulness echo” the land, the people, the culture that had nurtured your soul ...

Like this "Bush Yam Dreaming":
https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/i...d5d67fc1c8.jpg

Everything has its own “dreaming”.
When you know what your “dreaming” is – you know who you are … type of thing …

But in the modern day, because we are such fusions ... lines get blurred ..

Old 12-05-2021, 08:55 PM
Master
Letterstick Band - Second Island:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzr9A2RJfcc

Old 12-05-2021, 10:41 PM
Master
To get this out of my chest …

Have you noticed, no ‘Ozzie’ has joined the conversation.

My soul, my psyche has never - thus far, (touch wood) gotten lost in the “Aboriginal dreaming world”, because it is straight forward, transparent and honest all the way …
But in the “White Australia” I can become the "Fukarwe tribe".
There is so much deception on the line – perhaps self-deception? Or simply that people do not know ‘who they are’?

Going back to the “Cross” (Druid-Saami mix video).
There has never been Saami in Gotland (like the lady claims), as far as I know. Sure, we all come from the earliest hunter-gatherers of Fennoscandia, but there were no ethnic differences then. And sure, the new agriculturalist migrators and hunter-gatherers lived in Gotland for a long time together and mixed. But there is no specific “Saami Dreaming” in Gotland, and to say so is like twisted ‘make believe’ … imo. And people believing in just words and concepts take at its face value.

There are about 9 Finn/Karel/Saami mix Aboriginal kids in my extended neighbourhood.
And I think, this is because - we know psycho-spiritually where we are at …

One mix Saami in our township starts having panic attacks even when visiting Finland (our related nation) & I kind of know how he feels. But with his Aboriginal partner – he can ‘navigate the world’ (or I should say 'Reality') and not get psycho-spiritually lost.

Last edited by sentient : 12-05-2021 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:58 PM
Master
Fare welling a much loved late ‘larrikin’ Prime Minister – a Didge is a part of “National Pride" .... & too right it is! ( & I’m going to have a cry now, I cannot help it):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6S0hTZr-TM

Last edited by sentient : 13-05-2021 at 12:58 AM.
Old 13-05-2021, 08:09 PM
ImthatIm

Having WiFi issues so just checking in and if I am not back in awhile you know why.
Old 13-05-2021, 11:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Having WiFi issues so just checking in and if I am not back in awhile you know why.
Not to worry, I’ll just carry on with my ‘mental aberrations' about the question – why is ‘native way of knowing’ different?
& going back to this Aleut trying to explain it as ‘embodied way of learning/knowing’:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6cmKeRV3Z0

Perhaps the way to learn this, is what they do in Bali, Indonesia.

When I was in Bali, just about everywhere one could hear this music in the background, which puts one into a nice ‘alpha brainwave’ state:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpujtbDCQ6I

Then just about everywhere there are all kinds of fanciful and funny weather vanes that show the direction of the wind:
https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-ima...-image32678094

So, you go into a café, overlooking a rice field.

Lay back and enter into an easy alpha brainwave state.

Watch the unseen wind effects as it moves upon the rice-field.

See and hear the direction of that wind as it then hits the weather vanes ….

But at some point, something quite remarkable happens, which the Aleut might call ‘embodied way of perceiving’ (?).
And that is, there is a ‘switch’ from the logical mind to the embodied ….
And now you or your body knows the change in the wind direction even before the change is seen coming towards you upon the rice field … (like in the video - they knew there was a seal coming … before it even appeared).

Well, I call it using one’s awareness as a sense (i.e. being aware of ‘energy-fields), but ‘embodied way of knowing’ is just as accurate a description as any other.

That is not having some “psychic powers”, though it might seem like it, it is rather a navigational ability to ‘navigate Reality’ and not get psycho-spiritually lost.
Or like witnessing the unseen and the seen coming together as a perfect match.

The “Fukarwe Terrain” totally ignores this unseen reality connection and turns that real into something else.

This is actually really good me thinks (at least what I hear at the start of it):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY1uPfi0hOw

But this ‘art’ takes one into the “Fukarwe Terrain” imo, so it was a good example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxfwEUL2Y_U

And a lot of the “New Age” fusion – pretend “Native” stuff often leads to nothing real but to a “Fukarwe Terrain”.

Old 14-05-2021, 01:14 AM
Master
^
Oh, I had never heard the original version (?) of the joke, so I looked it up:
Quote:
How the Fukarwe Indians got their Name:

The Fukarwe Indians lived in Utah about 2,000 years ago.
They were a peaceful tribe and lived in Teepees on the prarie.
One day it started raining heavily.......and kept on raining.

The prarie started to flood and they were forced to move to higher ground.
And the rain kept coming......and the tribe had to move to higher and higher ground.
Until they found themselves at the top of a mountain.
And the Chief raised his hands to the Sky and shouted.

Where the Fukarwe!!!!..........z