Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 08-09-2020, 10:07 AM
Lorelyen

I'm not even sure it's relevant. How will it affect an outcome? You can have all the quantum and mathematics you like but unless you have every bit of data needed (and that's the entire contents of the brain - the individual's life experiences, possibly even what they arrived with when born - everything) you'll never be able to predict any aspect of any outcome.

Spirituality is about individuals' faith, experiences, ways of life and whatever. So even if you came up with a formula, what use would it be?

Would anyone be spiritually richer or wiser for having a formula or an explanation outlaid in mathematical terms, probabilities? What does quantum actually explain in the physical world that enriches our lives?

There's even a book applying it to Vodou "The Vodou Quantum Leap." Well, it's mostly waffle trying to sound scientific....at root, though, how would it make someone a better servant of the Vodou way of life?" Answers on a postcard please in not more than 10 easy words.
!
However, there is quite a good book (recommended to me by one of the more adept members here):
Consciousness and the Universe.
(Quantum Physics, Evolution, Brain and Mind)

It's a collection of papers and reports. Heavy going both literally (don't read it in bed, fall asleep and drop it on your head - close on 1000 pages in total) and reader-wise. Some of the reports seem to be relevant and interesting.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Consciousne...2C432 &sr=1-2
Old 08-09-2020, 03:27 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I'm not even sure it's relevant. How will it affect an outcome? You can have all the quantum and mathematics you like but unless you have every bit of data needed (and that's the entire contents of the brain - the individual's life experiences, possibly even what they arrived with when born - everything) you'll never be able to predict any aspect of any outcome.

Spirituality is about individuals' faith, experiences, ways of life and whatever. So even if you came up with a formula, what use would it be?

Would anyone be spiritually richer or wiser for having a formula or an explanation outlaid in mathematical terms, probabilities? What does quantum actually explain in the physical world that enriches our lives?...

If you will allow me the latitude to change the perspective from the forum topic header a bit (cuz traceyacey12 seemed satisfied with what was posted up to this point ), I want to submit that it is 100% likely that "physical quanta" in itself has no meaningful place in the applicability to spirituality... Quantified information cannot be applied to nonphysical aspects of reality.... mostly for the reason that the core of spiritual energy is based in etheric and astral consciousness energy (prana & mana). No numerical value can be applied to these things - as such; without a numerical (or quantified) measurement, no such connection can - or should - be made to quantum physics...

However ...

as in my post #8 ... I was trying to stress that spirituality "matters" are far more dependent upon the "quality" of our soul. In this regard, there is a bridge in meanings. To wit - even as material objects are considered as "phenomenal", so too, can our behaviors, penchants, and desires be phenomena as well.

It is my "understanding" that these phenomena are inherently placed within our vibrations, for the explicit purpose to access, utilize, and develop a purified "spirit-soul" relationship (for when all things temporal are dissolved away once again & our unique "value" of consciousness - the "spiritual ego" - moves forward through eternity). This relationship goes far beyond any selfishly (whether consciously or subconsciously) dependent utilization - it applies to the community of Absolute-Infinity at large - "that" from whence we came.

The access is allowable in physical "expression/experiences" - it is not allowed in the higher vibrational realms of the etheric energy fields.

In this regard, I suggested displacing Quantum Mechanics (QM) with "Quality Dynamics" (QD). My Infinity Studies have carried me to the depths of our conscious connection;
to our source of "organized energy applied to our existence";
to our beginnings, as energy utilization beings with sentience and self awareness;
to the infinite potential of our absolute natures - having nothing to do with the micro-universe of physicality - save for the immersion within the chaotic energy that runs rampant within it.

The relevance is in the purity of spirit-soul we wish to obtain - this value, contrary to popular belief, (and though quite pragmatic for usage in this physical realm), the physical is still not the final destination for its applicability.

How this affects the outcome is thus : For every kind, generous, charitable, and otherwise "noble" practice (as only a few examples) our expressions "generate", an etheric energy exchange occurs within the complex "atom of our soul".

What this predicts is the cleanliness, and purity we will "exude" in all future transactions (with other sentient beings). What humankind currently cannot seem to cope with, or integrate within this earthly society, is when or whether to "go in peace" or "go and get 'mediaeval' on somebody" they can't agree with.

These are the similarities I was trying to point out (in post #8)...

We have affections, and we have volition. Consider your affections as an inherent energy within your spiritual desires - what your "force" (QM) is.
Consider your volition as inherent "plus/minus" spiritual energy values you "charge" (QM) yourself with, during all Transactions With Reality (TWR).

We also, (by nature of our existence in the first place), are eternal souls. At the moment we are "made" (as an individual soul) we are given the opportunity to exist eternally. This eternal-lity becomes a "closed circuit" for our unique energy (personality; character; identity) within the realm of absolute/infinite existence.... suddenly having no beginning nor end. The "absolute" half of this terminology describes our phenomena as a living being. The "infinite" half our nature describes our source of unrelenting energy - energy with which, we have every right to access for the purpose of perfecting our soul - something that does not "manifest" in the earth plane (if you're Christian, at least not since Jesus Christ).

But the point of my Infinity Studies is about the "actuality" in the old adage, that "if we do good things, we become a good person." My studies only explain how this is occurring in "real time" but "behind the curtains," as it were.
written in the : "Chamber of Eternity"
witnessed by : "Alpha & Omega"
Old 07-01-2021, 02:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
What implications does quantum physics have for spirituality. I know almost nothing on the subject but am starting with The Tao of Physics. I just started reading it so I really have no clue.

spiritual implications and ramifications of quantum physics is that all is connected as a unified field
Old 07-01-2021, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
spiritual implications and ramifications of quantum physics
is that all is connected as a unified field
Bingo. I would say that is one of a handful of fabulous insights, for sure!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-01-2021, 03:37 PM
JustASimpleGuy

I would say it's beyond connected. Ultimately there is only the Unified Field and the fundamental forces and particles we observe today are but appearances of and within it. Sound familiar?

That is the ultimate goal of theoretical physics. TOE (Theory of Everything) and two candidates are Superstring and M-Theory. M-Theory is string theory with an added dimension and the strings manifest as branes (membranes).

Even today electromagnetism and the nuclear weak force have been demonstrated to be but appearances of a more fundamental force, the electroweak force. Two Nobel Prizes were awarded for that work.

All this being said science will never, ever dig down to the bottom of reality. That's looking externally and one needs to look internally. The Ineffable will always be beyond science. Far, far beyond.
Old 07-01-2021, 05:20 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I would say it's beyond connected. Ultimately there is only the Unified Field and
the fundamental forces and particles we observe today are but appearances of and within it.
Yup.......

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-01-2021, 07:07 PM
Master
it kind of helps people look for unified understanding. and find it thus more easily. which in turn enrich and expand massively the individual branches of science and any other field of knowledge. the growth of this one helping the other one, etc.
Old 08-01-2021, 05:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
What implications does quantum physics have for spirituality. I know almost nothing on the subject but am starting with The Tao of Physics. I just started reading it so I really have no clue.

QM is so advanced a field of study. To study it will require a teacher so you may want to begin the journey with metaphysics which incorporate both a science and spirituality perspective and now even QM, much like the area here, Science & Spirituality together, that would be all science. You will also find other fields apply and how. Many good authors out there and hopefully some new one's to. Btw, it will require as many years of study as any academic field of study to, years.
Old 09-01-2021, 05:07 AM
Master
Quote:
I would say it's beyond connected. Ultimately there is only the Unified Field and the fundamental forces and particles we observe today are but appearances of and within it. Sound familiar?

That is the ultimate goal of theoretical physics. TOE (Theory of Everything) and two candidates are Superstring and M-Theory. M-Theory is string theory with an added dimension and the strings manifest as branes (membranes).

Even today electromagnetism and the nuclear weak force have been demonstrated to be but appearances of a more fundamental force, the electroweak force. Two Nobel Prizes were awarded for that work.

All this being said science will never, ever dig down to the bottom of reality. That's looking externally and one needs to look internally. The Ineffable will always be beyond science. Far, far beyond.

yes, its all about the nonlocality of the field source . this nonlocality makes everything ONE. not just interconnected but one (non-numerically). which is what the perennial spiritual teaching all along was declaring. god is one and all is in god. even the Trinitarian doctrine of one substance with three personas can be understood within the context of nonlocality. nonduality is also nonlocality. so quantum mechanics has lend a concept and a scientific terminology for spirituity
Old 09-01-2021, 04:57 PM
ketzer

Quote:

Yes.

Perhaps it is like a magic hat, one just keeps digging deeper and the hat just keeps coming up with something new... "more real"..?... to show them.

Perhaps reality is not to be found at the bottom of a hole or magic hat. Perhaps it is already all around me, and I just need to pull my head out of my hole and take a look.