Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 03-03-2024, 12:27 PM
Master

Thanks for posting that Altair. I listened to some of it and got the drift. Yep have to agree what he says about loneliness.

Maybe loneliness is another word for emptiness. We have all, including myself, gone thru bouts of this empty feeling inside which makes us restless or depressed frustrated, lonely etc. And we all try to fill that empty feeling in different ways such as shopping, eating, moving, drinking, drugs, etc. I also .think that most of us think that finding a partner or getting rid of the one we’ve got will take that empty hollow feeling away and it does, but only for a short period of time. Then it comes back thick and fast again. It’s a continuous cycle.

A relationship or something you can buy can never fill that emptiness for long and that’s why so many relationships don’t last and the novelty of something you buy doesn’t last either. I’ve found that nobody can fill/heal it except ourselves and it’s irresponsible to expect another to heal us and make us happy.

I began to see this really clearly many years ago and one day I thought to myself……I wonder what this emptiness is all about ie ………..why is it there,………what causes it and ………..what would happen if I stopped trying to fix it. So whenever this feeling came on me I decided not to act on it and just watch it and see what would happen if I did nothing. That’s another story tho.

It wasn’t easy to begin with but I can honestly say that I NEVER feel lonely and I don’t need anyone else to “complete” me as I feel completed already. My time alone is precious and I have gained so much more spiritually living alone than I would have done if I lived with another.

Ok folks this is just my honest opinion based on my experiences in life and I’m not saying that I’m right. It’s just what I have found out within myself. Maybe others have found something different and that’s ok too.
Old 04-03-2024, 09:54 AM
Master

Ameliorate. Your comment about money made me think of something my mother said years ago. She said……..ide rather be rich and miserable than poor and miserable. Had to laugh at that one!
Old 10-03-2024, 03:19 AM
Newbie ;)

Recenty I brokeup with my girlfriend after 7 years of relationship and I'm rediscovering the joy to live alone
Old 10-03-2024, 08:12 AM
Master

Hope all goes well for you. It takes time to adapt so be kind to yourself and try not to rush into another relationship too quickly. That’s the worse thing we can do imo

Taking up a new hobby is helpful, especially if it’s something you have always wanted to do but never had the time before. Attending a night school class sun has painting, joining a meditation class, being out in nature are some of the things that helped me in the past.

Living alone is awesome but it does take time to adjust.

I hope you’ve got some great friends as they are invaluable at this time in your life.