Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-07-2023, 07:45 AM
Master

This was interesting to me as I was reading about the subject and topic. In Mark's Gospel, Jesus does not teach about himself. However in John's Gospel, Jesus talks about is who he is, what his identity is, and where he came from a lot. The gospel of John is completely unlike anything that you find in Mark or in Matthew and Luke. Some say historically it creates all sorts of problems because if the historical Jesus actually went around saying that he was God, why did Matthew, Mark and Luke leave out that part? The view of the divinity of Jesus from his own his own preaching is found only in the Gospel of John which historians believe was the gospel written last.
Old 13-07-2023, 07:57 AM
Master

Some bible historians and scholars say that Matthew and Luke each had two sources in common: the Gospel of Mark and another gospel, now lost, a collection of sayings known only as Q. Q stands for "Quelle," the German word for source.

So basically using clues in the scrolls in what was written and dates of things, some biblical scholars and historians say the gospel of Mark was written first. Then Matthew and Luke wrote their versions with Mark's version in front of them and another source as well that is now lost.

Johns gospel has a lot of new stuff in it.
Old 13-07-2023, 08:27 AM
Master
Gospel of John.

I personally see John's Gospel as being more Spiritual and the other three more Earthly....
It's my favourite
Old 13-07-2023, 04:05 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Here's a few simple gospel differences.

How many at the tomb?

Maisy,

Your mention of the tomb led me back to the scriptures. This is not in relation to the different numbers at the tomb but the interesting detail found in John 20:7……”…the cloth was folded up by itself, separate from the linen.”

The popular legend of this is that it was a sign that Jesus was returning. It was alleged that if one was leaving the dinner table with the intention of returning he would neatly fold his napkin….otherwise a servant would clear his place. Believe what you will….:). Otherwise it seems to logically demonstrating that Jesus did that. It seems very unlikely that thieves removing the body would be that tidy.
Old 13-07-2023, 06:12 PM
Master
Is the issue about which 'version(s) should be acceptable, or is it how the various accounts make the versions harmonious?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-07-2023, 11:13 PM
Master

It's pretty fascinating to me all the differences in the tomb passages. I was looking up a bunch more.
Old 13-07-2023, 11:19 PM
Master

I looked up who entered the tomb first according to the different gospels.
Old 14-07-2023, 05:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I looked up who entered the tomb first according to the different gospels.

They are so different, three of them must be 'untrue' , or mybe they all are.... Then you find different versions of the Bible have contradictions regarding the same verses.....
Old 16-07-2023, 04:11 PM
Master
Have you ever listen to witnesses in a jury trial tell their versions of the 'event' and try to weave it together so as to make sense?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-07-2023, 07:32 PM
Administrator
And now you know why I don't read the Bible everybody puts their own twist on it

Namaste