Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-06-2023, 02:26 AM
Master

Some very beautiful and insightful posts on this thread. Thank you ��
Old 12-06-2023, 01:28 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
The raw material is the Ego, use the Ego as a tool to transform the Ego.
Imo....

If the ego is as beneficial as you believe why transform it ?
Old 12-06-2023, 05:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
If the ego is as beneficial as you believe why transform it ?

Because it can get to big for its boots
Old 13-06-2023, 08:59 AM
Master

I don't really see an "ego" as a thing or object that exists somewhere by itself independently. Not a noun, a person, place, or thing. More like a creation or result of an action, a verb. I think the action is identifying with the body and it's mind and conditioning. I think that results in this conditioning being projected inwardly and outwardly as self. The resulting projected self from ones body and brain identification I would call ego. I think we can exist without an ego, but an ego cannot exist without us.

I think if we are not identifying with our conditioning, there is no ego in us. Our identity is fully what we are. I think an ego is a "doing." Identifying with body and it's mind. If we stop this doing, no longer focusing our attention on these things, and instead do nothing, there is nothing left to do. As no one is there to be interested in such things. One is there however who is not identifying.

Acts 9:18 Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he could see again.

John 8:32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Old 13-06-2023, 11:54 AM
Master
Love your ego as you love yourself
Old 14-06-2023, 07:19 AM
Deactivated Account

I think that Jesus mentioned we should deny ego, I believe that will assist greatly in process of becoming a channel and vessel of living waters.
Old 14-06-2023, 08:05 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
I think that Jesus mentioned we should deny ego, I believe that will assist greatly in process of becoming a channel and vessel of living waters.

My experience has been if I deny ego, I experience God. But then for me, denying ego the way I understand it is not easy. I did it pretty deeply one time and that experience was very profound. I was sitting in a car at the time waiting for someone who was seeing a doctor and I lost all sense of time and place as I was sure not in that car anymore. My body was of course but I was far, far away.
Old 14-06-2023, 08:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
if I deny ego, I experience God. But then for me, denying ego the way I understand it is not easy. I did it pretty deeply one time and that experience was very profound. I was sitting in a car at the time waiting for someone who was seeing a doctor and I lost all sense of time and place as I was sure not in that car anymore. My body was of course but I was far, far away.

8 'I's in your post....
Old 14-06-2023, 08:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton

My understand is that if you have a mind you have an ego, a sense of self, as did Jesus :smile
Old 14-06-2023, 08:24 AM
Master

Ok, so I'm thinking we are FLUID. We have to live like water . Everything comes and goes from us, and comes and goes like the ebb and flow of the tide and the only way to live is with the knowledge that we are always provided for . We are always looked after but we need to understand that it comes in waves.
( And if any one actually knows what I'm on about can you please explain it to me ? Cos even I don't even know what I mean sometimes and find things difficult to explain)