Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-05-2023, 06:04 PM
Ascender
Transubstantiation and autophagy

I had this intuition coming the other day.
If JC is within all of us, and you visualize eating the body and blood of Jesus, you're actually eating yourself, and this is called autophagy.

Autophagy is also induced naturally when fasting. Our body "eats itself" to get energy. If you don't fast for a while, your body gets lazy at using this energy.

Concentration with meditation is also a way to drag the energy up, developing samadhi comes with the ability to burn away karma, this is autophagy.

That's the "unquenchable fire" from the bible, we already had talks about it here.

I don't know if this is purely physical, science has discovered some of it, but there may be "spiritual autophagy" or "karmic autophagy".

Thoughts?
Old 12-05-2023, 04:09 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
Thoughts?
Guiiaume,

Very interesting to me…..I either missed or have forgotten any previous discussions of this….Do you have memory of these previous threads ?
Old 12-05-2023, 06:12 PM
Ascender
Found it!

Batism of fire
https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...d.php?t=141681

I'm re-reading it, and at that time I experienced very challenging meditation sessions.
It's not the case anymore, I can project / absorb myself without having my body getting super hot.
I also need to fast on a regular basis to maintain that "fire", Luke's verses seem to be more aligned with my experience, as "unquenchable" is not mentioned.
Old 12-05-2023, 07:05 PM
Molearner

Quote:

Guillaume,

Thank you so much….it had slipped my memory even though I see that I posted numerous times to the thread.

Revisiting this is worthwhile and now I have additional thoughts. It(Matthew 3:11-12) contains some wonderful metaphors. Chaff is the outer covering of the kernel of grain. It is not digestible for humans and has no nutritional food value. This outward appearance hides the good…..looks good but is worthless. Among other things, one can see ‘chaff’ as a representation for the piety of religious fanatics….. they put on a good front, drawing attention, but there is no substance or truth. A good corollary scripture is Colossians 2:18-19.

We can interpret ‘chaff’ as anything that distracts us from the truth. It is burned because it has no potential for life….it is the kernel(the Spirit) that has life. Perhaps this does not exactly dovetail with autophagy but I believe it does in relation to karma. Thanks again for posting…..
Old 12-05-2023, 07:18 PM
Molearner

Postscript: Do yourself a favor….find the online version of The Message and read chapter 2 of Colossians…..when I have my moments of disgust with religion I have to restrain myself from not quoting it word for word…..😊😊😊
Old 12-05-2023, 07:33 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
We can interpret ‘chaff’ as anything that distracts us from the truth. It is burned because it has no potential for life….it is the kernel(the Spirit) that has life. Perhaps this does not exactly dovetail with autophagy but I believe it does in relation to karma. Thanks again for posting…..
The French version translates "chaff" with "paille", which is straw, which is fibers (not normally digestible).
Empty of meaning but it has energy that can be burned.

Yes!
It's funny because I emailed sports coaches a while ago telling them that counting calories was meaningless because some people can digest fibers!

Thank you so much for your insight!
Old 12-05-2023, 07:34 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Postscript: Do yourself a favor….find the online version of The Message and read chapter 2 of Colossians…..when I have my moments of disgust with religion I have to restrain myself from not quoting it word for word…..😊😊😊
Will do! :)
Old 13-05-2023, 06:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Chaff is the outer covering of the kernel of grain. This outward appearance hides the good…..looks good but is worthless.

Worthless , it protects the grain and feeds livestock, can there be grain without chaff.....
Old 13-05-2023, 07:06 AM
Master
Quote:
I had this intuition coming the other day.
If JC is within all of us, and you visualize eating the body and blood of Jesus, you're actually eating yourself, and this is called autophagy.

How is Jesus your body, assuming he is 'within you' ?
Old 13-05-2023, 08:04 AM
Ascender
So in the Latin bible, it's mentioned "peleas" which is straw.
Still in latin languages, there is an expression that does not exist in English, "fire of straw".

What characterizes the "fire of straw" is that it is intense, but very short in time. It is often used in the news to depict an event that looks big but vanishes very quickly. It's the opposite of the snowball effect. lol! Languages, I don't want to digress but ......

So the term "unquenchable" is misleading I guess that's why it's not in Matthew's verses, it's unquenchable but lasts for a short period of time.