Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-07-2023, 07:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Have you ever listen to witnesses in a jury trial tell their versions of the 'event' and try to weave it together so as to make sense?

I was reading a bunch of information about this topic using google search and one opinion found was the person who wrote Mark did not believe Jesus was God. Instead, he believed Jesus was the Messiah. Thus why nothing in Mark's gospel proclaims Jesus is God. Mark does not even include the virgin birth in his gospel. The virgin birth story is only in Matthew and Luke's gospels. I think whoever wrote Matthew and Luke did believe Jesus was God as they both have the virgin birth story.

Matthew 1:23 – Behold, the virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son , and they shall name Him Immanuel , which translated means, “God with us .”

It's interesting because Mark did write about 10 miracles Jesus did. So maybe the writer of Mark did view Jesus as the Messiah and a holy chosen man who could channel the powers of God, while not being the supreme being God himself.

Then some say whoever wrote the gospel of John did believe or teach Jesus was God and emphasized it. From the Bible, John's gospel says firmly that Jesus is God and thus also the Creator.

John 1,

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Verse 14, “‘And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us; and we saw His glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. (confirming that Jesus the creator is God)

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. ” (Genesis 1:1)

John 10:30 – I and the Father are one.
John 20:28 – Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
and in 1 Corinthians 8:6 – yet for us there is only one God, the Father, from whom are all things, and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

Some historians say Mark's gospel was written first. Then Matthew and Luke's gospels were written next with the writers of them having the gospel of Mark in front of them while writing. (I assume the historians based this on some passages in Matthew and Luke being exact copies of what is in Mark.) Then they say John's gospel was written last.
Old 16-07-2023, 07:51 PM
Master

I would add one should also be aware these early Christians and writers of the gospels lived in times Christians were being sought out tortured and killed in horrible ways. They were fighting for their newly created religion to be accepted in a culture that was trying to destroy their religion and threatened by it.

Many parts of the bible say believing in Jesus is required to have eternal life.

Romans 10:9 CSB
If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

More from John on this subject:

1:11 This is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is found in his Son. 12 The person who has the Son has this life. The person who doesn’t have the Son of God doesn’t have this life.

13 I’ve written this to those who believe in the Son of God so that they will know that they have eternal life.

18 We know that those who have been born from God don’t go on sinning. Rather, the Son of God protects them, and the evil one can’t harm them.

19 We know that we are from God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

20 This Jesus Christ is the real God and eternal life.
Old 25-07-2023, 08:14 AM
Seeker

Not all that liked by man is good, like drinking alcohol, which some like but any drop of it is very damaging specially to the brain. The damage is more severe then Alzheimer.
Few seem to like or support the truth.

Warnings were given about false prophets(messengers), infiltrators , persecutions and corruption which explains the differences in versions.
Heard that if satan cannot kill or control Yahusha(Jesus), he would instead corrupt his image, make a counterfeits, alter his teaching. Organization like the catholic church who add & remove from bible law, are example of this. Which is probably why the gospel of John is the most different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Many parts of the bible say believing in Jesus is required to have eternal life.
Romans 10:9 CSB
If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
According to Yahusha(Jesus) words:Matthew 7:
Quote:
24 “Therefore, whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine and does them..."
Luke 11:
Quote:
27As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said, “Blessed is the womb that bore You, and blessed are the breasts that nursed You!”
28But He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of god and obey it.”
Matthew 24:
Quote:
13 But the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.
Matthew 25:31-46

How many quotes are their about faith believe alone would result in eternal life?
If these quotes are many, then their should be even more many about obeying Yahuha(YHWH) commands.
Shroud of Turin made with billions of WATTS on cloth, cant be replicated according to science. Along bible prophecies, What evidence you of "other believes" have equal or surpass them as the true teaching to eternal life?!
Yahusha(Jesus) words:Matthew 7:24 “Therefore, whosoever hear these sayings of Mine and does them, I will liken a wise man...
Matthew 5:17-19 (On the laws/Tora and Prophets)
"...whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."