Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 28-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Anandini.Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Who's meditating .. Who's getting to know Self .. who's surfing the various planes . . Who's enlightened ..

x daz x
The higher mind is one with every other mind, the self is the ahamkara I'm going to copy and paste from this really great site that is all about yoga meditation http://www.swamij.com/fourfunctionsmind.htm

"Ahamkara is “I-am-ness,”: Ahamkara is the sense of "I-am-ness," the individual Ego, which feels itself to be a distinct, separate entity. It provides identity to our functioning, but Ahamkara also creates our feelings of separation, pain, and alienation as well.

Who is it that "wants" or "does not want"? We usually say, "I want this or that," or "I don't want this or that." When we understand the way the four functions of mind interact, we come to see that it is not "I" who has attractions or aversions. That "I" is like the decorations on the house. It it the false identity aspect of "I" who is doing the wanting. The memory trace in the chitta, colored with attraction or aversion is, itself, the one who is doing the wanting. Thus, we can say, "It wants this or that," or "It doesn't want this or that." It is the thought pattern itself that is wanting or not wanting, not I. This shift is extremely useful in witnessing the thought patterns so that colorings of attachment and aversion might be attenuated."

Ok we'll chitta or memories are actually the function of mind that has desires not the ego, that's what creates the false ego, to see your self as separate is ego, you must have ego in order to exist as a human being. That's the separateness from the one. But we are not actually separate.
Old 28-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Master
Hi Guru....,But these things are nothing to do with Enlightenment, and there is a lot of things I can do, but I am not out to try and be as good as another. You are what you are, that is Consciousness, that is all you need to realize, leave the party tricks to those who like to do them, they can be good intertainment, but that's about it.
Old 28-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Anandini.Devotee

Hi robert :) Well according to Yogananda Babaji Lahiri Maharishi and many who have attained the high level we will still incarnate in the astral or even earth not the causal unless we attain an even higher level of enlightenment. The Buddha said when we reach the top of the mountain keep on climbing.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:46 AM
Master
I also think there are 2 things going on. one is a realization which like 'oh yeah that' and occurs in a moment, and the other is spiritual development which is an ongoing process.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru.Anandini.Devotee
The higher mind is one with every other mind, the self is the ahamkara I'm going to copy and paste from this really great site that is all about yoga meditation http://www.swamij.com/fourfunctionsmind.htm

"Ahamkara is “I-am-ness,”: Ahamkara is the sense of "I-am-ness," the individual Ego, which feels itself to be a distinct, separate entity. It provides identity to our functioning, but Ahamkara also creates our feelings of separation, pain, and alienation as well.

Who is it that "wants" or "does not want"? We usually say, "I want this or that," or "I don't want this or that." When we understand the way the four functions of mind interact, we come to see that it is not "I" who has attractions or aversions. That "I" is like the decorations on the house. It it the false identity aspect of "I" who is doing the wanting. The memory trace in the chitta, colored with attraction or aversion is, itself, the one who is doing the wanting. Thus, we can say, "It wants this or that," or "It doesn't want this or that." It is the thought pattern itself that is wanting or not wanting, not I. This shift is extremely useful in witnessing the thought patterns so that colorings of attachment and aversion might be attenuated."

Ok we'll chitta or memories are actually the function of mind that has desires not the ego, that's what creates the false ego, to see your self as separate is ego, you must have ego in order to exist as a human being. That's the separateness from the one. But we are not actually separate.

Hi

From an individual perspective I see ‘is ness’ oneness or ‘I am ness’ or whatever word suits as pure intellectual understandings that derives through mind .

Its really funny when you look at it all from that particular perspective . Doesn’t it just seem that there is a great deal of time spent evaluating and understanding ‘what is’ rather than ‘what isn’t’ . Either way is of the mind .

I suppose from an awareness had where one can relate to everything and nothing, then that understanding encompasses just that, one can therefore say that ‘what we are’ is all that is and also what we are is none of that .

So when there is talk of the ego the higher mind, the lower self, the love of self, the over soul etc, ‘it is all of that’ but in the same breath ‘it is none of that’ .

x dazzle x
Old 01-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Anandini.Devotee

Well we are not our thoughts and we are not our habits. We are not even our feelings and were not our looks or our temperament. We are an instrument, of god. We have a personality, we have a soul family and a soulmate. We have love for some particular souls a little more so sometimes even an enlightened person will be pulled back to earth because of there compassion. I homestly think we are impartial souls and that we will merge with our twin soul. But I could be wrong :) om shanti
Old 01-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Anandini.Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I also think there are 2 things going on. one is a realization which like 'oh yeah that' and occurs in a moment, and the other is spiritual development which is an ongoing process.
Thanks for the input, I have asked my guru, if she decides to answer me ill put it in the thread :)

The four functions of the mind are interesting, this article. http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/re...ctionsmind.htm is very good and complex yet comprehensive, I had to read it about 10 times lol but what it says about ego it is saying that the ego is just in corruption because of the memories stored in the chitta the memory bank, I don't want anything I only want what I know, what I remember, it's colored with attraction or adversion and that makes distractions and everything is laced with a feeling, we are biased against things, we are not empty and allowing experiences that are unborn because we always go back to what we know. So "I" dont want any thing its more like "It" wants . it is our memories and our feeling of attraction or adversion. hope that makes sense
Old 01-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi robert :) Well according to Yogananda Babaji Lahiri Maharishi and many who have attained the high level we will still incarnate in the astral or even earth not the causal unless we attain an even higher level of enlightenment. The Buddha said when we reach the top of the mountain keep on climbing.
Hi Guru..When I reached the top of the mountain, I realized all was ONE, no mountain, no valleys, just what IS.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:31 AM
Anandini.Devotee

Babaji was so advanced that he would make everyone of his devotees temerarily enlightened in a high state of samadhi when they were with him at times... They said that they had a hard time even remembering their names... It's immense Robert, there's more levels my friend just imagine it for a moment
Old 02-03-2013, 08:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Well we are not our thoughts and we are not our habits. We are not even our feelings and were not our looks or our temperament. We are an instrument, of god.

Do you see that what you are can be all of the above and none of the above .

How have you evaluated that you are not this but you are that?

x daz x