Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Pinkroses

How Do You Keep Believing?

I have a dilemma when it comes to the afterlife. There are times when I feel certain it exists and other times when doubt creeps into my mind and I end up feeling sad and depressed. So I wonder: How do you overcome these doubts?

Over the past year, I have had many incredible experiences -- including signs that seem to be coming from someone who passed. I connected with him during meditation and even asked him questions I did not know the answers to. I was later able to verify what he "told" me and confirm it was true. I've asked him to send me certain songs and other signs and have received them over and over again. When I tell others of my experiences, they are immediately convinced he is around me. But still I wonder: is it really him or is this all just coming from me? Or could it be coming from another source?

I've read many books on the afterlife and spirit communication in an attempt to learn more and find further evidence that this is all real. But still somehow, no matter how wonderful and enlightening the stories are, I am not totally convinced. I always seem to want and need more. Like I am searching for that one important missing piece to the puzzle that finally solidifies everything for me. Does anyone have any suggestions? How do you keep believing and having faith? What convinced you there's an afterlife and spirits of the deceased can communicate?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or insights!
Old 25-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Master
Well these days I pop around between deminsions and worlds so much, meeting people and animals that we 'say' don't exist anymore, or checking out worlds we can't get spaceships or camera's too yet, that I guess my questions about an afterlife and whether there are people on that side of the veil or not just kinda evaporated. I mean why wouldn't it exist?
Ask yourself that question. :)
Old 26-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Suggestions?
Read a new NDE at nderf.org everyday.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-02-2013, 12:10 AM
sesheta

I believe because I have had too many experiences not to!
I believe in reincarnation...why? Because over the course of my life so far there have been too many times when I instantly liked, or instantly disliked, someone, without knowing anything about them. There have been too many places and situations that have felt so horribly familiar to me when I had no explanation as to why....
I have seen a ghost first-hand, and have witnessed other paranormal activity....
All of these things have led me to fully believe that our life does not end when our physical body dies...but really, in the end, it all comes down to simply having faith, too.....Not necessarily a religious faith...but just having faith in what you believe within yourself....
Old 26-02-2013, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator
Well after being so super-skeptical all my life that I would second-guess every time I truly thought I had received communication from the "next world" (and I received quite a few over the years though I found it extremely hard to "believe" 100% as a result of them) ....eventually this was the only thing that got through to me:
My dog's life after Death
Old 26-02-2013, 07:21 AM
Master
Beautiful read Tobi. Thank you for sharing the link.
Old 26-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Pinkroses

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions! I feel somewhat better today.

Tobi- I agree that your experiences are touching and amazing! When I read them, I can feel the love and incredible bond between you and your dog. That certainly will never die!

I think sometimes it is hard to keep believing when there is so much skepticism out there. I'll read articles that offer proof, and then I'll come across others with the opposite point of view. And they both make good arguments and seem plausible! Maybe the key is to stop reading the ones that refute the afterlife and stick to the ones that prove it! I certainly don't ever want to be close-minded, but sometimes I think it serves no purpose to read things that try to disprove the afterlife. It just makes me more confused. I know what I've experienced. I know what I feel. The answers already exist inside of me.
Old 26-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Administrator
Well i beieve i am a medium i was born with the gift of seeing spirit and have given to many messages to others not to believe.

Namaste
Old 26-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Pinkroses

Native Spirit,
I think it's great that you're a medium and have the proof you need to keep believing. When you see spirits, do you see them in your mind's eye or as a visual apparition?

I'm sure the people you give messages to are very grateful! I hope to have such an experience one day.

I did go to a medium once hoping to prove that a particular spirit had been sending me signs and trying to communicate with me. On my 15 minute drive to the appointment, I heard two songs from this person's favorite band. I was sure he was around me! However, at the reading, the medium never mentioned him. She spent most of the time giving advice on how best to educate my daughter, which wasn't a question I asked or wondered about. At the end of the reading, she asked if there was anyone else I wanted to come through. I gave her his first name, and she proceeded to tell me things about him, most of which were inaccurate, including his cause of death. She ended up asking how he died. I left there disappointed and wondered if he was ever really around me or if I just caused the signs to appear somehow. I still wonder what happened that day. Was the medium just not able to connect with him? Did he just not want to communicate through her? Or was the whole thing just wishful thinking?

Maybe someday I will find the answers.
Old 26-02-2013, 02:48 PM
Master

I doubt all the time, which I think is daft when I think of the experiences I have had. I try not to fight the doubt now, I think to allow it is rather lovely although grim at the time. Doubt to me is part of the package of faith, as although for me it is a knowing it is still growing into a knowing from being a belief set.