Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 18-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Guide
H. P. Blavatsky

By H. P. Blavatsky

"But the profane, and especially the Christian fanatics, ever in search of scientific corroboration for their dead-letter texts, will persist in seeing in the celestial pole the true Serpent of Genesis, Satan, the Enemy of mankind, instead of what it is — a cosmic metaphor. When the gods are said to forsake the earth, it does not only mean the gods, protectors and instructors, but also the minor gods — the regents of the Zodiacal signs. Yet, the former, as actual and existing Entities which gave birth to, nursed, and instructed mankind in its early youth, appear in every Scripture, in that of the Zoroastrians as much as in the Hindu Gospels. Ormazd, or Ahura-Mazda, the “Lord of Wisdom,” is the synthesis of the Amshaspends (or Amesha-Spenta — “Immortal Benefactors”),* the “Word,” however, or the Logos and its six highest aspects in Mazdyanism. These “Immortal Benefactors” are described in Zamyad yasht as the “Amesha-Spentas, the shining, having efficacious eyes, great, helpful . . . . imperishable and pure which are all seven of like mind, like speech, all seven doing alike . . . . which are the creators and destroyers of the creatures of Ahura-Mazda, their creators and overseers, their protectors and rulers . . . .”

I have an interest in her works. I have a renewed interest. I am learning some new stuff and getting new insights into the beginning of the human race. I have talked on different posts, particularly in the extra terrestrial part of this website.

I think there is a race of beings called the Dreamwalkers. I think Blavatsk is talking about them here, when she uses the term the "The immortal benefactors." Yet I am not sure, I am still reading about it.

I have just started reading her works again but they are extremely interesting. I urge any one who has knowledge of these things to use this thread as a means collating as much information on H. P. Blavatsky and her writings, and or, other writers on similar subjects.

Incidentally I am at the point of believing that the serpent was really the good guy. Yet my ideas are evolving on this subject too.

Thank you in advance.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 18-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Gracey

http://www.sacred-texts.com/the/sd/index.htm

here is a link the secret doctrine. all for free to read.

i am reading through now.

there is another book of hers there too called isis unveiled.
Old 19-12-2012, 04:07 AM
Guide
Thank you very much.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 20-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Guide
I am beginning with the secret doctrine.

[[Vol. 1, Page]] xviii INTRODUCTORY.

"[...] Colonel Olcott has given out some of this teaching in various ways; if the other two have not, it has been simply because they were not allowed: [...]

Did Blavatsky mean that the other two people were prevented from doing so? If this is so, is there a governing authority that would prevent someone from publishing?

"[...] It is above everything important to keep in mind that no theosophical book acquires the least additional value from pretended authority."

and does this mean that any established authority in society is regarded by her as being a "pretended authority"?

I would value your opinion on this.

Saint Jerome.

Old 21-12-2012, 01:06 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkade
I am beginning with the secret doctrine.

[[Vol. 1, Page]] xviii INTRODUCTORY.

"[...] Colonel Olcott has given out some of this teaching in various ways; if the other two have not, it has been simply because they were not allowed: [...]

Did Blavatsky mean that the other two people were prevented from doing so? If this is so, is there a governing authority that would prevent someone from publishing?
Yes, the authority a person gives the power to to be the authority over them.
Quote:

"[...] It is above everything important to keep in mind that no theosophical book acquires the least additional value from pretended authority."

and does this mean that any established authority in society is regarded by her as being a "pretended authority"?
It means that her theosophical books say what they say but have no authority over anyone. IOW you take from them what you take, including nothing.