Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 11-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Experiencer
What is your PASSION?

This is a replacement of what was lost recently on SF.

What is YOUR Passion?

Without passion, we lack purpose and when we are purposeless and bored, we don’t care to reach for our deeper selves. Rather than make the effort, we turn on the TV and compound the problem. So how do we find our PASSION?

In everyone of us there dwells an incredible force called passion. Some of us may experience it briefly as small bursts of energy, propelling us forward with vigor and commitment. So passion is an outward expression of your Spiritual Self which fuels the inner energy. People we know who are passionate about life seem to have long lasting energy reserves. They do not tire easily as they seem to be recharged by an invisible energy which we will call Spirit..

It is said that by living our passion all our material needs are somehow magnetically drawn to us and we will be fulfilled…..but tapping into it isn’t easy! Many of us have difficulty identifying what we think will give us passion, excitement and aliveness.
We all have interests that hold our attention and get us real excited—but our ego steps in the way and starts running with what we think will bring us happiness—all it does is end up in roadblock after roadblock. Our Spirit who started it all in the first place feels let down causing us to feel physically and mentally lethargic and depressed. Being passionate about something puts us into a spiritual alignment that feeds our body, mind and soul and all aspects of our life.

Finding Your Passion.

Unless we can identify our passion, we will find it difficult to visually and creatively attract and create powerful effects on our outer life such as, success, wonderful relationships, a great career, wealth, health and happiness. To help discover our passion we have to let go of our expectations of how our life is supposed to be and also what we think other people expect of us. These all stand in the way of getting in touch with our PASSION.

Here are some ideas to find your passion…..

1)What were your childhood interests? What about your dreams? Are you living some of them now? What dreams did you have that were discouraged by others?

2)Find a sheet of paper and write down the memories you remember from #1. Do any of these still excite you? If they do, this could become the basis of your passion.

3)On another page just let your imagination run wild and list all the things that make you feel excited, energized and creative. Don’t edit this at all, just let the pen run wild. You may want to try doing this on the computer but it just isn’t quite the same as doing it in your own handwriting.

4)When you are finished, go over your list and see what your wrote. How do you feel about this list of things? Do any excite you? Or is there an inner critic or saboteur at work chuckling at the silliness of this exercise? If there is, IGNORE IT!

5) What things from your list are in your life today? From your list what would you like to see happen in your life? Have you tried to bring your passions into your life without success?

Then we have to look at what MOTIVATES you? Motivation could be money, recognition, love, appreciation or a desire to be healthy—no pain or discomfort. All of these are tied to the material side of life, our perception of it and how it interacts in our world. It’s a form of ‘pay-off’ of how we handle the world.

Write down what you believe motivates your interests and behavior? What makes you get up in the morning? What keeps you going?

If for example child care is a passion, what might be your motivator? Is it to to be loved and appreciated? What if you want to work with animals. Perhaps it is their unconditional love you are motivated by. Do you see how the two fit so nicely together?

When you make your list of passions and list of motivators, match them up and you will be well on your way to living your passion.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:56 PM
changing-name

Is this a question we can answer or an article? lol
Old 11-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Master
Because I have had a lot of passions, this thread caught my eye.
I will treat the threads title as a question: "What is your passion?"
Passions have always been of great interest and amazement to me. They come and go and when they come, they drive me like nothing else.
When they go, I am always left satisfied and with a sense of knowing that they came not to stay.
I like that they come out of nowhere and I like what gets done because of them and the experiences associated with that.
These days it seems that most of my attention and joy and passion are found in a little man, 14 months old, who we are blessed to call our first grandson.
His personality and demeanor is infectious and I have noticed in myself, that I would trade the joys of every passion that I have ever had or still have for just 5 minutes with this little one.
This is by far my greatest passion.
Blessings……..James
Old 11-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Master
I would say my passion these days is life itself. I think the exercise in the article is cool, I can really see the value in getting in touch with the energy of 'passion'. Good to see you by the way James.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Jules

Quote:
Originally Posted by changing-name
Is this a question we can answer or an article? lol
Well, I think that's upto you to decide. Do you choose to answer the original question OR respond to the article? Choice is yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShamen
These days it seems that most of my attention and joy and passion are found in a little man, 14 months old, who we are blessed to call our first grandson.
His personality and demeanor is infectious and I have noticed in myself, that I would trade the joys of every passion that I have ever had or still have for just 5 minutes with this little one.
This is by far my greatest passion.

James, that's a fabulous passion to have. Congratulations (albeit a little late!) to you all, but what a wonderful addition to the family. Namaste. Jue
Old 11-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
I would say my passion these days is life itself. I think the exercise in the article is cool, I can really see the value in getting in touch with the energy of 'passion'. Good to see you by the way James.

Thank you Andrew...........
Old 11-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules

James, that's a fabulous passion to have. Congratulations (albeit a little late!) to you all, but what a wonderful addition to the family. Namaste. Jue

Thanks Jue! My wife has a litte daycare in our home so she gets to watch this little man every day and I get to see him every day when I come home from work.
He is not only my passion, he is my favorite teacher these days.
Blessings...James
Old 11-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Jules

How lovely ... and how blessed you both are :) ... especially in this day and age where family values seem to have gone right out the window. I find children the biggest teachers of all, especially when it comes to unconditional love. To see a small child sat on a mother's knee looking up at her with total trust and adoration is a sigh to behold. Pure bliss :)
Old 11-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
How lovely ... and how blessed you both are :) ... especially in this day and age where family values seem to have gone right out the window. I find children the biggest teachers of all, especially when it comes to unconditional love. To see a small child sat on a mother's knee looking up at her with total trust and adoration is a sigh to behold. Pure bliss :)

Thank you and yes....extremely blessed is the best way to describe it. Not only for us but my daughters and my in-laws as well as all else are instantly changed when in his presence.
We have 3 grown daughters and I was very much involved as a father when they were babies but I did not notice half of what I notice watching this guy.
We took him to a fireworks display and when a stranger would walk by, his interest and attention in them was equal to the fireworks themselves.
We took him to a fair and I put him down to walk and instead of walking like he had somewhere to go, he stopped at every leaf on the path just to admire it.
He looks at the trees in our yard as I hold him and I know he sees so much more than I do because he hasn't 'learned' what a tree is yet!
All of that aside, he just is as you say a blessing and a joy to be around.
As I watch him and read some of the struggles in many of the posts here on the forum, I can't help but think I understand what was meant by "the fall" and how it refers to eating of a "tree of knowledge".
Blessings.....James
Old 11-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Shalamar

My passion is to grow, to love myself and others, to experience life to the fullest I can and to surround myself with things and people which make me happy. My passion is to watch my children as they progress on their own personal path, to give access to what I know and to reach for that which I don't. My passion is to never forget that there is beauty in the world still and that evenso there are some "bad" people in it, most people are by nature good.

With other words my passion is just to be, evolve, grow and be happy.