Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Closed Thread

Old 17-03-2006, 06:56 AM
silver swan

Hi Pepperi and welcome x
I am interested......would you tell the person having the reading if you saw anything "negative?"
Old 17-03-2006, 08:14 PM
pepperi

Hello Silver

I would most definitely tell them the good, bad, and ugly. I will not feel as if I'm being honest and helping them no matter the situation. Now to say I will purposely ask the cards if this person will pass away or not no I will not do that. If that scenario came out on its own in the cards, then I will tell my client. Tarot reading has been in my family for many moons! My grandma did not believe that I possessed the power from God to read the cards. To prove that I could not in fact divine, she asked me to preform a reading for a very dear family member of ours. Anyway, the gentleman's mother was very ill and the doctors could not figure out why at all. So I began reading for him and advised him about what the problem was and how he can fix it. Naturally my grandma disagreed with my "diagnosis" and suggested that his mother will be fine and she will not die. Then my grandparents became very upset with me because I told him his mother will die soon. Long story kinda short, she died that night.........Ever since then my grandparents apologized and said I should say what is going on no matter what because it may in fact do more good than harm. Of course, this is just one example and I use my judgment when speaking to my clients. Six years later, I still read my grandmothers friend because he trusts me and knows I want to help nothing more nothing less.
Old 17-03-2006, 08:35 PM
silver swan

Hi Pepperi. I do not tell people when I see something negative. Sometimes they will say before-hand that they do not want any bad news. But even if they do not say this, I do not tell them anyway. Its just the way I feel. I think that its up to the reader to decide this for themselves. Its something I find difficult (hence the fact I now tend to read fairy cards instead.)
It is hard though because sometimes I have not told someone what I have seen, and they have said to me after the event , "well you didnt see that in the cards," when really , I had, but did not say at the time. It is something I struggle with!!!!
x
Old 17-03-2006, 10:08 PM
bodylisious32

Has anybody learnt the angel cards? im thinking of getting these , i have been told to learn tarrot, im getting some these for mothers day as you cnt buy ureself i been told, does that rule go for the angel cards also, do other ppl need to buy them aswell?
i would apreciate your thorts on the angel cards if anybody uses these , thanx.
much love and light.
xxxkezxxx.
Old 17-03-2006, 10:23 PM
silver swan

hi. well the fairy cards are the nature angels. they are lovely. I too heard that about not buying your own, but I always have done. Angel cards are lovely too. Sue left a link to a great tarot site. you can view them all. they are listed in alphabetical order on there. If you can not find link let me know and i will post it pm
Old 18-03-2006, 12:46 AM
pepperi

!

I've never heard about that but I purchased my own decks because I got to choose the ones that spoke to me. But its always kewl to receive gifts!! Well thats kewl that you do not give negative readings. Sometimes I feel like you do and then I pick up my goddess deck. I love it!! So beautiful and bright makes me feel instantly better.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:50 AM
Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodylisious32
Has anybody learnt the angel cards? im thinking of getting these , i have been told to learn tarrot, im getting some these for mothers day as you cnt buy ureself i been told, does that rule go for the angel cards also, do other ppl need to buy them aswell?
i would apreciate your thorts on the angel cards if anybody uses these , thanx.
much love and light.
xxxkezxxx.
I personally don't believe in being given cards, I buy my cards myself. As pepperi said, you need cards that you find you have a connection with.

As for the Angel Cards, I own some and I love them. Mind you, if there is bad news there, you will read them in the cards regardless... it's just shown a bit differently.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:02 AM
pepperi

Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
I personally don't believe in being given cards, I buy my cards myself. As pepperi said, you need cards that you find you have a connection with.

As for the Angel Cards, I own some and I love them. Mind you, if there is bad news there, you will read them in the cards regardless... it's just shown a bit differently.

What types of spreads do you all use?? For spiritual I use the tree of life and the cards are The Golden Dawn. I also use my goddess oracle deck for spiritual readings. For everything else I use my rider waite and the spread I love is the wineglass or three card three times.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Kat

I guess I'm different to a lot of people I talk to regarding this, I believe in just doing it and whatever is meant to be there will regardless of the layout. Generally, when I'm doing an angel reading, I do 12 cards and I just peel them off the top of the deck and stack them on top of each other. I'll spread them out into rows if I want to look more indepth.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:57 AM
prachi

need help with tarot

hey there!
can you ladies please help me in tarot readings..
recently my fiance gifted me a tarot deck and another(it's just liek tarot) but is mary magdelone...
i want to use the two but don't understand which methods the best.. you all spoke about spreads etc...
what i've done is i lay out cards, pick 3 cards and then read the meaning...
wonder if it's right? my fiance is good at all this. but he insists i learn things my own way... which is difficult- coz i dunno if i'm doing the rigth thing...
please guide me
AUM,
Prachi
Closed Thread