Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 25-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Ascender
I would answer YES and NO

My lover self would say absolutely No

And

My higher self would say absolutely Yes

LOL...

Yours

A Peaceful Mind

Ps. What is free will? Ill give you an example you have 50 different choices but only one of the choices is you. So if you don't chose that one you chose something else that is not a choice you would normally chose since you are the one choosing.

ahh.. lol. I dont know if this gives any meaning to you :O)

Lao tzu - Tao Te Ching
Old 26-04-2011, 04:06 AM
Master
A peaceful Mind love your answer.
Spiritlite.
Old 26-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I believe we have free will, deep down. But do we really practice it? Do we do things because society says we have to? EG get out of bed at 6am or whatever to go to a job we dislike so we can live? Or excercise because we want a good looking body because society or our friends or our parents say that's the norm?
Do we really do things from free will? Or are we influenced by our friends, job, society, etc?
When I am on the floor nursing, am I working with free will because I need money to pay my rent? Or am I there because I WANT truly want to be there.
I believe the body and the mind don't choose out of free will. I believe however our soul does choose from free will, however it's so darn hard to listen to our souls, the real part of us.
What do you think?
Spiritlite.

For me, what I believe doesn't matter to me in regards to free will.
What I know is that it sure seems like I do so I'm going to run with that and enjoy all that has to offer while I am here.
In the same respect there seems to be a seperate me and a global me. Do I need to attempt to define what "I" am or can I just enjoy the experience unfiltered by my trying to make claims of knowing.
Does a child ask "do I have free will?"
James
Old 26-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Master
Thankyou James :)
Spiritlite.
Old 27-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
For me, what I believe doesn't matter to me in regards to free will.
What I know is that it sure seems like I do so I'm going to run with that and enjoy all that has to offer while I am here.
In the same respect there seems to be a separate me and a global me. Do I need to attempt to define what "I" am or can I just enjoy the experience unfiltered by my trying to make claims of knowing.
Does a child ask "do I have free will?"
James

I work with children and yes I have heard them ask that question, even I myself asked that question when I were a child.

A we free to chose what we want no because if you chose something els somthing not you its just you choosing somthing to prove to youself that you are free to chose. If you chose what is you you chose you and therefore you haven't any choice. This proves that there is a choice - I once read its called the choice of choices.

Lao tzu - Tao Te Ching
Old 27-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A peaceful mind.
I work with children and yes I have heard them ask that question, even I myself asked that question when I were a child.

A we free to chose what we want no because if you chose something els somthing not you its just you choosing somthing to prove to youself that you are free to chose. If you chose what is you you chose you and therefore you haven't any choice. This proves that there is a choice - I once read its called the choice of choices.

I guess I was referring to the innocent child. The one that may not even be able to speak such words but you know that no such thought enters their mind.

Still though, I can't imagine even an older child asking you that. In what surrounding have you been asked this question by little ones?
Was it a bible study or the likes and the subject was being discussed hence the question itself?
I'm just curious as I study and work with children as well and just can't imagine them asking this.
Thanks
James
Old 27-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I guess I was referring to the innocent child. The one that may not even be able to speak such words but you know that no such thought enters their mind.

Still though, I can't imagine even an older child asking you that. In what surrounding have you been asked this question by little ones?
Was it a bible study or the likes and the subject was being discussed hence the question itself?
I'm just curious as I study and work with children as well and just can't imagine them asking this.
Thanks
James

Children ask questions about being free choices since grown-ups a talking care of them and are in charge.

Children ask if they a free to chose free to express what they wish and so one but these reflections are on a low level. I am not saying that they think of free will as a adults but in other ways.

Yours

A peaceful mind.

Lao tzu - Tao Te Ching
Old 27-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Children ask questions about being free choices since grown-ups a talking care of them and are in charge.

Children ask if they a free to chose free to express what they wish and so one but these reflections are on a low level. I am not saying that they think of free will as a adults but in other ways.

Yours

A peaceful mind.

I get ya now........
It is interesting to me that in this discussion about free will, we see that children REALLY don't have any and some worse than others depending on how they are parented. lol
Makes ya think!
Thanks for your response
Old 28-04-2011, 05:26 AM
Master
Quote:

still scratching my head over that one
Old 28-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Ascender
A we free to chose what we want no because if you chose something else something not "you" its just you choosing something to prove to yourself that you are free to chose. If you chose what is you you chose you and therefore you haven't any choice. This proves that there is a choice - I once read its called the choice of choices.

There is only one choice and that's to chose you, You can chose by chosing you ore something not you. Since you make your choices you would chose you. But if "You" chose not you you are not chosing.

You have no choice because there is only one choice made by you and that's you! But on the other hand you can chose something that's not you and therein lies the chose.

So yes and no

Lao tzu - Tao Te Ching