Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-07-2021, 11:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Frye
Hi FairyCrustal,
Happy is he way !
Yes, and the effect it has on our bodies is astounding! Epigenetics...
Old 24-07-2021, 12:07 AM
Master
Strangely enough, could not wait until I was 65, to see how I would feel.
Than I wanted to be 70, still feels great.
Now I know what life on this planet is all about, and can not wait to leave.
I don't know if there is something to deal with.
Just be who you are every moment.
Old 24-07-2021, 03:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I'm not at all looking forward to getting older. I plan to end it by the time I'm somewhere 50-60 ((this is only MY perspective, and may not apply to most other people!)). For me, no point in being old, alone and miserable.
I don't even see the point to living life as I know it. It's the body's life that I am living. I don't have a life. I am the body's caretaker.
*Deleted

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 26-07-2021 at 08:38 AM. Reason: No ending of your life talk.
Old 24-07-2021, 09:40 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Strangely enough, could not wait until I was 65, to see how I would feel.
Than I wanted to be 70, still feels great.
Now I know what life on this planet is all about, and can not wait to leave.

Hi Rah nam,
Very nice answer.
Looks like you already dealt with everything.
It's a great state of mind you're in.
Blessings.
Old 24-07-2021, 10:55 AM
Guide
My Higher Self told me that we live as long as we want to live. Wanting to live despite problems is the challenge.

This means that old people do not want to live anymore? That’s why they die? I notice that they mostly live in the past. * Deleted

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 26-07-2021 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Opinion stated as fact.
Old 24-07-2021, 03:11 PM
Experiencer
I think you may have hit a hot button here. I'm so surprised by the answers! As a global citizen, I notice an aging phobia in the US that isn't apparent in other cultures.

I also do not agree that we age everyday and that aging is inevitable. I intentionally extended my life so that I may be of service to this generation longer than I originally planned.
Old 25-07-2021, 11:32 AM
Master

aging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Frye
Hi everybody,
We all grow older, every day a little bit more, something that isn't easy to deal with for most of us. Is there a way to look at it that could help us? A way perhaps that helps us accept this process?
Aging with it limiting capabilities , increasing disabilities / diseases definitely is a dampener on our spirits . The problem comes where we are not able to accept /digest these changes and want to cling to older ways of being . That leads to insecurity and anxiety along with its all-accompanying craziness .

While one can still do all to look ,feel and really be young , there should be gradual acceptance of accompanying message of life and readiness to bring appropriate changes in life in small measure. A small gradual shift to active spirituality is not out of order . By active I mean it should involve some activity like community work , tree plantation , laughter club , meditation retreats , teaching novices tricks of trade u may expert in , volunteering in some NGO etc .

This way one will always remain young at heart even if body ages and the sting out of death will go out and one will be ever-ready to meet the death face to face whenever it comes . But he/she will not die everyday while still breathing hopelessly in anxiety.

Thought of ending one's life by self is an escapist thought and a brave spirited person will never consider even in dreams .
Old 25-07-2021, 11:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Thought of ending one's life by self is an escapist thought and a brave spirited person will never consider even in dreams .

I can somewhat understand why materialists wish to preserve life at all costs, as death is viewed as an end to existence, but those with spiritual beliefs? And doesn't it depend on quality of life? If you are old, in poor health and alone than there's not as much to live for. If you have a partner, kids, grandkids than you can compensate poor health with nice people. Sure, it is 'escapist' to get out. Why are escapes bad? Medicine, vaccinations, and change of lifestyle are 'escapes' to from certain conditions or scenarios..
Old 25-07-2021, 06:28 PM
Master

escapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Sure, it is 'escapist' to get out. Why are escapes bad? Medicine, vaccinations, and change of lifestyle are 'escapes' to from certain conditions or scenarios..
Thanks for responding in the first and raising brilliant questions .

Your rationale for ending life is quite understood and appreciated. It's noble and even brave (I can not think of myself ending my life. I am more timid in that aspect) .

There are many reasons for me to say this .
1. By such assertions you are declaring many things and restricts umpteen possibilities life can come up . You feel u will be alone forever . On this forum only some said , if someone is genuinely interested in long term relations then only she may consider . So why u foreclose your future to narrow one . In the USA/ Europe , late marriages are no problem.
2. Such forecast gives us gradual death on daily basis . We become hopeless , cheerless , boring,skeptical,diffident . These are spiritual sins . Spiritual sins are harmful to none except you and God within you . This must be distinguished from social sins (which are very bad and I am not referring to it) . The confession in Christianity is more for such spiritual sins than social sins.
3. Life and death is God's pre-rogative . We pre-empting His right is His disrespect which I feel good well meaning people should not do.
4. Dying such death u die just materialist death and miss the Golden opportunity of realizing the spirit within you , its vast treasures and its never ending nature.
5. Finally there is great bravery in putting up smile on the face despite all odds God may put u to . That's where i consider this as an escape.
Old 26-07-2021, 12:19 AM
Master
No matter how we transition, it is simply that, from one form to an other.
The most important part is, the state of mind during the process, the form of transition doesn't matter at all.