Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-07-2021, 07:26 AM
Master

Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvedlines
Now, with boundaries dissolving; the danger is I'm once again open to energies that may or may not be for my highest good.

That's the problem I'm facing. How to stay in the state of one-ness and protect myself at the same
Some of the things i can think of.
1. Balance thoughts with physical actions. Now u r take over by thoughts. Put a limit to it. Engage in physical work like exercise,driving, sports,occupational activity,cleaning , cooking ,helping family members etc
2. Be hopeful, sanguine ,tolerant ,positive ,trusting (in least risk situations),have faith in self ,mentors n God.
3. Living in world understanding,knowing,respecting n appreciating boundaries is must along with merging with others / God in appropriate situations ignoring boundaries. This has to be done realtime fast n accurately. So practice this day in day out. This will let u always be on guard to ward of predators when ignore boundaries . The guiding principle in observing / not observing boundaries is the spirit within you and spirit within others must feel comfortable.
4. Pray God before sleeping n after u awake. Bad dreams n getting up exhausted should go.

Last edited by HITESH SHAH : 25-07-2021 at 11:11 AM.
Old 26-07-2021, 12:47 AM
Seeker

Thank you to all for the insights and guidance.
Old 08-08-2021, 01:52 AM
Seeker

Just wanted to share a small update on my original predicament:

It's been almost 2 weeks now that I've been meditating/focusing on my root chakra. Saying affirmations targeted at my root chakra has helped with the porous psychic boundaries.. I've also realised that I was unintentionally taking on emotional/spiritual burdens that were not mine to carry.

I'm able to separate my energy and thoughts from that of others. My vivid dreams have reduced and I don't feel like I'm being psychically overwhelmed all times of everyday. Just sometimes. But, unlike earlier, Its getting easier for me to center myself.
Old 08-08-2021, 07:53 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Backstory: I had a massive and very painful fallout with a long time friend who was also a professional colleague that really shook me to my core mid 2020.
I'm going to make a guess here because it really needs a professional on a face-to-face rather than a post on a forum. However... During severe emotional trauma the ego can 'collapse' into the self. That can leave people psychologically disorientated. The (Jungian, the differentiate between the real and so-called 'Spiritual ego') ego is a kind of multi-role in that it provides a number of different functions. One of those functions is to give you an anchor of sorts in the shape of 'I am'. It's a reference point if you like, from which you can have relationships with your external reality. Hence the 'in-between worlds', most likely. And yeah, I do know what you mean. Me too.

Quote:
Then, something strange happened. After an intensive month or two of meditating, shadow work etc etc, I felt a little "in between worlds". I can't really describe it any other way. I felt completely detached from my regular life and felt like I was watching this world through a mist or haze. I lost considerable weight because my appetite disappeared.
This is typically what happens when you lose your ego/'I am'.

Quote:
Post September 2020, I've had a few interesting experiences where
1- i've been able to read exactly what was going through the minds of my family members, unintentionally.
2- I've also been having strange vivid dreams which make me feel vulnerable and drained in the morning instead of fresh.
3- My intuition which was always very strong has ramped up x a million. I've become insanely sensitive to surrounding energies and a visit to the grocery store makes me exhausted.
4- I'm also an astrologer and my astrological and divination skills sped up and fine tuned massively.
I don't fully understand how much of this stuff works to be honest, and I haven't seen any scientific studies but these kinds of abilities seem to work at more of an unconscious level before they come through via the ego. The ego can act as a 'filter' so I can only guess that your ego was suppressing these abilities. Now that your ego has been 'damaged' (using that word very lightly) it's not 'doing its job'.

Quote:
fwiw, I don't have family history of mental illness. I don't take medication of any sort. I don't drink nor smoke. I was briefly worried about psychosis, but my symptoms don't seem to correspond with a psychological disorder.
Mental illness and Spirituality is w whole different can of worms.

Quote:
Backstory: I had a massive and very painful fallout with a long time friend who was also a professional colleague that really shook me to my core mid 2020.
I'm going to make a guess here because it really needs a professional on a face-to-face rather than a post on a forum. However... During severe emotional trauma the ego can 'collapse' into the self. That can leave people psychologically disorientated. The (Jungian, the differentiate between the real and so-called 'Spiritual ego') ego is a kind of multi-role in that it provides a number of different functions. One of those functions is to give you an anchor of sorts in the shape of 'I am'. It's a reference point if you like, from which you can have relationships with your external reality. Hence the 'in-between worlds', most likely.

Quote:
Then, something strange happened. After an intensive month or two of meditating, shadow work etc etc, I felt a little "in between worlds". I can't really describe it any other way. I felt completely detached from my regular life and felt like I was watching this world through a mist or haze. I lost considerable weight because my appetite disappeared.
This is typically what happens when you lose your ego/'I am'.

Quote:
Post September 2020, I've had a few interesting experiences where
1- i've been able to read exactly what was going through the minds of my family members, unintentionally.
2- I've also been having strange vivid dreams which make me feel vulnerable and drained in the morning instead of fresh.
3- My intuition which was always very strong has ramped up x a million. I've become insanely sensitive to surrounding energies and a visit to the grocery store makes me exhausted.
4- I'm also an astrologer and my astrological and divination skills sped up and fine tuned massively.
I don't fully understand how much of this stuff works to be honest, and I haven't seen any scientific studies but these kinds of abilities seem to work at more of an unconscious level before they come through via the ego. The ego can act as a 'filter' so I can only guess that your ego was suppressing these abilities. Now that your ego has been 'damaged' (using that word very lightly) it's not 'doing its job'.

Quote:
fwiw, I don't have family history of mental illness. I don't take medication of any sort. I don't drink nor smoke. I was briefly worried about psychosis, but my symptoms don't seem to correspond with a psychological disorder.
Spirituality and schizophrenia come from the same areas of the brain so I wouldn't rule out being a headcase just yet. Kidding, really. Mental health and Spirituality is a whole different can of worms, but as long as you're not a danger to yourself or others you you're not ready to be locked up.

Thanks for reading thus far. My question, in short is: What's happening to me and how do I manage it?[/quote]
My question, in short is: What's happening to me and how do I manage it?[/quote]
My guess is that your ego has 'collapsed' and isn't 'filtering' your reality as it used to, and I'm going to guess that - apart from these new 'gifts' - you're feeling like a completely different 'you'. The best way to 'manage' it is to get to know this 'new you' of yours, and that should make your Life pretty interesting. It would probably help to start 'filtering' on a more conscious level, because it's possible that in time, it's going to overwhelm you and that would not be pleasant. Don't shut it down because your talents could come in useful, close them down near family but use them when you could use a little 'extra info'. If you're sensitive to energies then by all means use it to your advantage, but only 'bring it into play' when you need to.

Just you not getting enough sleep and feeling tired all the time is probably affecting you already. If your dreams make you feel vulnerable - and dreams are the unconscious 'talking' to the conscious - then I would say that your feelings of being vulnerable mean that deep down you don't feel in control.

If it helps use visualisations. Think of your talents as aspects of yourself that you can 'pull out', use and 'put back again' as and when you need to. When you feel as though you want to put your talents to one side, visualise putting them in a drawer when they get too much. If you're talking to someone and something is niggling at you about them, open up the 'intuition drawer', use it then put it back again. In time it'll become automatic.
Old 08-08-2021, 08:40 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
My guess is that your ego has 'collapsed' and isn't 'filtering' your reality as it used to, and I'm going to guess that - apart from these new 'gifts' - you're feeling like a completely different 'you'. The best way to 'manage' it is to get to know this 'new you' of yours, and that should make your Life pretty interesting. It would probably help to start 'filtering' on a more conscious level, because it's possible that in time, it's going to overwhelm you and that would not be pleasant. Don't shut it down because your talents could come in useful, close them down near family but use them when you could use a little 'extra info'. If you're sensitive to energies then by all means use it to your advantage, but only 'bring it into play' when you need to.

Thank you. You pretty much summed up the outcome of my experience (the bolded sentence).
I have been filtering out stimuli consciously and deliberately now.
I also pretty much use my talents and gifts on a everyday basis as I am an astrologer/ other divination arts. But, its more under my control now, like a switch I turn on and off.