Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-07-2021, 01:36 PM
Seeker

Need guidance and help.

Backstory: I had a massive and very painful fallout with a long time friend who was also a professional colleague that really shook me to my core mid 2020.

I took to meditation, and deep inner shadow work. Began a lifestyle change of mindfulness, meditation and changing my behaviours and attitude.

Then, something strange happened. After an intensive month or two of meditating, shadow work etc etc, I felt a little "in between worlds". I can't really describe it any other way. I felt completely detached from my regular life and felt like I was watching this world through a mist or haze. I lost considerable weight because my appetite disappeared. Thankfully I was surrounded by my very loving and supportive family who possibly understood the internal changes I was going through as we are all spiritually inclined.

Post September 2020, I've had a few interesting experiences where
1- i've been able to read exactly what was going through the minds of my family members, unintentionally.
2- I've also been having strange vivid dreams which make me feel vulnerable and drained in the morning instead of fresh.
3- My intuition which was always very strong has ramped up x a million. I've become insanely sensitive to surrounding energies and a visit to the grocery store makes me exhausted.
4- I'm also an astrologer and my astrological and divination skills sped up and fine tuned massively.

fwiw, I don't have family history of mental illness. I don't take medication of any sort. I don't drink nor smoke. I was briefly worried about psychosis, but my symptoms don't seem to correspond with a psychological disorder.

Thanks for reading thus far. My question, in short is: What's happening to me and how do I manage it?
Old 22-07-2021, 07:03 PM
Master

Hello and welcome, curvedlines.

It sounds as if you have latent abilities which were perhaps dormant but are now coming to the fore, triggered by your intensive period of meditation and inner work.

Maybe the massive and painful fallout with your friend was a necessary catalyst to start this process and change your lifestyle. Which makes me wonder if it was always part of your life plan that events would unfold as they have.

Which also makes me wonder if you had these abilities as a child, being able to know what others were thinking and being sensitive to surrounding energies. Maybe they faded, as often happens, but remained in the background.

As an astrologer, is there anything in your chart for the past twelve months which might be significant regarding the fallout, the lifestyle change and these increased abilities?

As for how do you manage it, if your identification is changing from the outer world to your inner world (you say that you feel in between worlds) then you have to expect a period of adjustment. The old familiar world is falling away and you are still becoming stabilised in your new unfamiliar world. Perhaps you will eventually become comfortable in both worlds.

Of course, this is just my interpretation based on what you have described, and it could be totally inaccurate.

Peace
Old 22-07-2021, 09:53 PM
Administrator
I would agree with what Iamthat has said to you

Namaste
Old 22-07-2021, 11:15 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Hello and welcome, curvedlines.

It sounds as if you have latent abilities which were perhaps dormant but are now coming to the fore, triggered by your intensive period of meditation and inner work.

Maybe the massive and painful fallout with your friend was a necessary catalyst to start this process and change your lifestyle. Which makes me wonder if it was always part of your life plan that events would unfold as they have.

Which also makes me wonder if you had these abilities as a child, being able to know what others were thinking and being sensitive to surrounding energies. Maybe they faded, as often happens, but remained in the background.

As an astrologer, is there anything in your chart for the past twelve months which might be significant regarding the fallout, the lifestyle change and these increased abilities?

Peace

Thank you so much for your thoughtful response.I'm very grateful.

Yes, there were certain astrological transits that could have lead to this awakening (for a lack of a better word). I do have a few placements in my chart that are strongly indicative of latent abilities and skills. But, since I reached midlife(40 now) without expressing the natal astrological energies, I thought they were just theoretical placements.

Real life does feel a bit dull now, like rich colors fading. I'm just trying to come to terms with what is expected of me and what I'm supposed to do going forwards.
Old 22-07-2021, 11:17 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I would agree with what Iamthat has said to you

Namaste

Thank you!
Old 23-07-2021, 01:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by curvedlines
My question, in short is: What's happening to me and how do I manage it?

I see this as a personal awakening. It was time for you to enhance and evolve your psychic skills and abilities.

My experience and my understanding on this that through your own spiritual guidance you will find the best way to manage it.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 23-07-2021, 02:11 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
I see this as a personal awakening. It was time for you to enhance and evolve your psychic skills and abilities.

My experience and my understanding on this that through your own spiritual guidance you will find the best way to manage it.

John

Thanks for your insight. Much appreciated and grateful.
Isn't personal awakening the same as spiritual awakening?
Old 24-07-2021, 07:18 AM
Deactivated Account
"Forgive them father, for they do not know what they do".

When i read your opening post,
Quote:
Post September 2020, I've had a few interesting experiences where

i have the idea as if you were not able to do the described things below, before.

I hope others can confirm my thesis:

If you were not able to do it before, and you are able to do it now, then you must assume that others are in a similar position.

You are now in a very sensitive state.

(This i have to write as an explanation:
Imagine hitting a part of your body with something (stone, belt or any other object) so that it really hurts.
If you do it the first 100 times, you will feel the pain. (i'm using arbitrary numbers here)
After the 101st time, you will notice how the pain is becoming lesser and lesser, until you only feel as something is hitting you, but not the pain.
After 300 times, if you continue to do it, you may slowly feel the pain again.

I'm not advising anyone to try this out. But it is the principle which is describing the overall situation)

I guess everyone was, at a very young stage very sensitive to the "thoughts" of others.
Those who are not sensitive, must have been exposed to negativity a lot. So the automatic shut down was induced.
This in turn made them not being aware of what they are doing.

So when they get angry towards another, (sensitive) being, they are sending the same negativity which they have experienced and which turned their abilities down.

The problem is, that they do not know what they are doing, because the "Reasons" for doing it are valid for them.
Yet, if they knew what they are doing, and that it is this which keeps them at that place and not in the 'sensitive' place (and there are some advantages of being on the sensitive), if they really knew, they wouldn't do it.

They do not see the other side, because they have forgotten it. So they do whatever they do, without knowing what they do.

You have been given the opportunity to see the both sides.

Quote:
i've been able to read exactly what was going through the minds of my family members, unintentionally

It is not only that you are able to read their minds, you are able to feel whatever emotional state they are experiencing.
Sometime you may even mistake their emotions as yours. And walls are nothing for this emotional energy.
And this ability is not turned down, when you go to sleep. It is enhanced.

That is why you may have strange vivid dreams.

The solution is easy, but not easy to do:

Humor (and i mean real humor, not the mean/black/negative one) and laughter are things which helps.

Develop a habit to watch your thoughts, try to avoid producing negative thoughts and if you have some, turn them over into positive thoughts.

It is here where "like attracts like" is felt and experienced the best.
The more you turn the negative into positive thoughts, the better your experiences will be.

The more you get into positive, happy state, the less will the negative state affect you.

There are these "30 days positivity only" seminars/books/youtube videos etc.etc, so it is advisable to try it (if possible: do it when you are on the sensitive side, because your understanding will be better).

p.s. consider shielding with white light, and asking God and Angels for help.
Old 24-07-2021, 11:49 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF

It is here where "like attracts like" is felt and experienced the best.
The more you turn the negative into positive thoughts, the better your experiences will be.

Thank you! Thanks for sharing your perspective.
It has been very valuable.
Old 24-07-2021, 02:14 PM
Master

You might do some research on the "clairs". I typed clairs for you and this is what popped up:

4 types of PSYCHIC EMPATH - Clairvoyant, Clairaudient, Clairsentient & Claircognizant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz_QNL_hqUY

I didn't actually watch it, so hopefully it will be helpful. If not, you can find other sources - they are limitless.

Your #3 is being an empath. It is very difficult to be an empath. I have been one my entire life, and am still learning how not to absorb others energies.

So maybe you can get to the point of blending these two things: being totally cut off from sensation, and being totally open to everyone elses energies. The first is helpful to combat the second, but the goal really is to be sovereign within yourself, and that is always an inside job. People can make recommendations all day long, but we are all being guided (at least this is my belief) by our guides and angels and so your intuition is the guidance you are receiving that now you are very open to.

Meditation: I have watched Eckhart Tolle a few times, and it seems to be that is what the goal is - to detach yourself from thoughts. I don't get it, but then I don't meditate.

I personally like this video about the monk talking about the monkey brain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksp3iSUDqfo

However, I am sure if you have been meditating for awhile, you have already come across these concepts.

I think, for me personally, I don't want to meditate myself into an absense of emotion.

I've heard Abraham, the Abraham that Esther Hicks channels and who are a collective of beings on the other side that I have come to understand are basically the other side of ourselves, say that Source energy, that which they are, would rather everyone be in a state of appreciation instead of a state of meditation, but you have to start somewhere and meditation works for a lot of people. Here is one of my favorite videos of Esther channeling Abraham - How you can channel Abraham - someone put this together on you tube, and it is uplifting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ilomKaFyw0

#1 on your list is telepathy.

So I “googled” Abraham Hicks for you on you tube. They always have an answer. This is what popped up. “The Best Talk about Telepathy”.I haven’t listened to it yet, just the opening question - and their first words were “telepathy is rampant” so that should give you some relief! I think it is a muscle that not many people use but we all come in with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UQD1ZJCRoo

So, if you have never heard of Abraham Hicks, basically Esther Hicks has channeled Abraham since the 1980’s, and her and her husband would travel around the country and, yes for a fee, allow abraham to answer peoples questions. Her husband Jerry passed a few years back, but Esther continued to travel the country and the world, so people could ask questions of Abraham. Esther allows people to take up to 15 minutes of audio and post these on you tube, so you tube pretty much has the answer Abraham has given on a lot of subjects.

On a personal note, I have learned to channel Abraham, and that is a fun journey, so in a sense I am telepathic with the other side, but not necessarily with the peeps who live in 3D :)

I channeled Jesus one day for someone, and included in his answer to someone who was struggling with the big question of how can God be so cruel, among the answer was that we all have the same powers that Jesus had, and we can acquire them if we so choose, but they are not lying about, on the ground to be picked up. You have to go find them. Here is the channeling if you wish to read it:
https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...07&postcount=8

So you went within, and found some. Now you need to learn how to use them. Basically how to protect yourself comes to mind, because when you open up so widely it is overwhelming, and you need to learn to narrow it down so you can live with it.

I also wonder if this is what some people call a kundalini awakening? Which seems to go hand in hand with meditation at a certain point. Since you are a meditator, probably a lot of these concepts you have come across before.

I know, for me, when I set out to learn how to channel, I had to learn how to keep myself safe and protected, and how to focus my mind to channel the being I wanted to channel, and not just random beings who will mess with you if you are not careful because they think it is fun. But I learned I can shut it off whenever I want, and turn it back on whenever I want, but I have a practice that I use to turn it back on. It is very simple for me to turn it off.

I hope you find the off switch soon. There are a lot of people who teach empaths how to do that, all over you tube.

I believe the spiritual journey is about finding the tools and learning how to use them.

On a side note, someone mentioned laughter. I agree. I have compiled a lot of Abraham being funny (although they never laugh) - thought it might give you some comfort:

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...ad.php?t=41746

I realize this is a bit of a jumble. Take what you want and leave the rest.

Many blessings