Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-07-2021, 04:20 PM
Master
Nice topic thread Ameliorate!

For me, seeing how things are inter-connected on a minor and major level seems to play an important part in my life.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 11-07-2021, 04:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
But financial things, housing, confidence with jobs, even being a good mom, daring to jump off a cliff or to ski, (scary),
like your friends are doing, overcoming fears are lessons we are learning...
all relate to spiritual development and, thus, the topic, No?
In general, finding out who we are and the power we have so we can be FREE! Yay!
My take.
Exactly!
Can't add anything to that, hihi.
Old 11-07-2021, 04:52 PM
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Nice topic thread Ameliorate!
I know why didn't we think of it!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-07-2021, 06:02 PM
Guide
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
But financial things, housing, confidence with jobs, even being a good mom, daring to jump off a cliff or to ski, (scary),
like your friends are doing, overcoming fears are lessons we are learning...
all relate to spiritual development and, thus, the topic, No?
In general, finding out who we are and the power we have so we can be FREE! Yay!
My take.
I guess I see finance, i.e. materialism at the opposite end of the spiritual spectrum.....

Learning to ski I would not regard as spiritual development - just acquiring a physical skill. However learning to be a good mum, i.e. with the focus on the quality of a relationship IS! I thought it went without saying that I made this thread about spiritual lessons.

Yes we have the power to be free e.g. of our physical confinements and the cards that life deals us - we can choose our reactions but this takes belief and application!
Old 12-07-2021, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliorate
...Learning to ski I would not regard as spiritual development - just acquiring a physical skill.
I related it to overcoming fear. I could have brought up public speaking,
that's not spiritual. either - but, overcoming fear is developing spiritually and emotionally.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-07-2021, 10:34 PM
Madamedude

Recently, I started (unconsciously) holding the mirror straight to my pretty face. I'll give you an example : the other day, the neighbor's kids were doing a hell of a ruckus. And here I'm left with my thought "Why the hell can't they be calm for two seconds ?!", to which I got an immediate "answer" : "Why the hell can't you be calm at the thought of noisy children playing ?!".

So, lessons, everyday. And for me, straight in my pretty face !
Old 02-05-2022, 04:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliorate

Over to you....what lesson(s) stands out for you that has been really helpful? What challenges/direction are you currently dealing with spiritually.

To keep increased faith in my inner voice. A hundred per cent. That inner voice had never led me astray, I just did not listen to it in the past
Old 02-05-2022, 10:37 PM
backhere

I’m learning to be quiet and do nothing when I have intense feelings. In some cases it could be dangerous and selfish to act impulsively, as if your feelings are more important. I’m no one. We should consider the other person’s feelings and circumstances, not ours. I’m learning to love silently, without even saying hi, because in the past I made too much effort and I’m tired of acting like that. I’m invisible now. Not trying anything at all. Stillness. Silence is the lesson. I don’t understand why the universe made me pay attention to this person, there’s nothing I can do, it’s almost impossible. Why would he need me in his life? That’s narcissistic to think I can be an important element to his spiritual evolution. The purpose was to feel pain? I read that chest pain can cause a heart attack. If the universe wants something to happen, it’ll have to design a very creative plan, because I won’t go after it this time. No more chasing. I’m done with that. Back to my studies and new hobbies. Not losing focus. Exciting new things ahead. But I’ll be loving this person unconditionally, that is: without trying to make sure that he knows that I exist.
Old 20-12-2023, 04:39 PM
Newbie ;)

I'm seeing this in action and am presently a beneficiary of it. If no-one reaches out, how can anyone be touched
Old 20-12-2023, 07:18 PM
Master

it is a hard question. For some of us, we've been beaten up so much we don't want to put ourselves out there... why ask for more of the same? but if we don't, like you say what happens then? So it is a hard question.