Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 19-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Tamlynn83

Angel1 I want to go "home"

Ive always had a keen sense that I come from a space much greater than this physical world on earth. I sought spirituality as a way, for a fleeting moment even, to remember where I come from. ( the other side) The past few years it has become heavy. When I read about NDE, I feel at ease cause I know this "place" that they speak of. My grandmother just passed a couple weeks ago today, I was with her as she passed and I almost felt a sense of jealousy. It seems strange to me that I long to cross over deep in my soul. I don't feel at home in this world in a way. It's so hard to explain. Does anyone know how I can make peace with being a human being in this world? It's not my time to go but how do I quiet this "home sickness"? Any tips, stories and support would be greatly appreciated!
Old 20-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Greenslade

I've lived with that feeling all of my Life, it's not fun sometimes. One of the things that helped me was thinking about this Life as a job to do and accepting that I needed to be here. I immerse myself in this Life and just get on with it and remember that I'm not here forever, there's something waiting on the other side.
Old 20-06-2013, 06:59 AM
Juanita

You are here for a reason, a purpose...You may not know yet what it is, but I guarantee, that one day you will look back and it will be quite clear to you and you will be glad that you were here to see it through...
Old 20-06-2013, 07:09 AM
Master
You quite this home sickness by realizing your already home, you are too involved in being the mind body, try and have a balance, the mind body is here to enjoy your creations, for how could you just being pure Essence, when you Awaken to this truth you will truly love living for the very first time.
Old 20-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Tamlynn83

Thumbs up

Thank you to all for your lovely responses. I agree that I am here for a purpose, not yet revealed. I agree that I get too caught up in my mind body and need to remember that at my core, I am already home. Needed to hear that...
Old 22-06-2013, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator
Reach out to the things that you know, within you from that "home" state of Being. The core values that your Soul can feel and know. Get close to them every day, feel them inside you. Feel the happiness of them.
Then do things -anything- in this world that brings them here in some way.
Because that "home" is right with you, right now!. The only thing that makes it feel far away or in another space and time, is loss of attunement to it. So attune to it, and the sense of homesickness will lessen.
Old 23-06-2013, 03:44 AM
Experiencer

I feel the same way. It seems that I am always dissapointed in humans. Greedy, selfish and power hungry. I want too go home too.
Old 23-06-2013, 09:33 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenriggs
I feel the same way. It seems that I am always dissapointed in humans. Greedy, selfish and power hungry. I want too go home too.
And you find that which only comes with experience and learning - not 'book learning' but real learning. Greedy, selfish and power hungry provides platforms for experience and learning, it produces heroes and villains so perhaps in being disappointed with it, understand what it does and how it fits in.

We're all going Home one day, wherever and whatever that may be, but until then there's a job to do. Wherever I hang my hat, that's my home.
Old 23-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Knower

A couple of books you might find interesting are Michael Newton's Journey of Souls and the follow-up, Destiny of Souls. Maybe Brian Weiss's books, too. Both are psychiatrists and hypnotherapists who, when regressing patients to the source of their current struggles, inadvertently took them back into past lives. Newton took them even further--into the experiences of the soul back "home," between incarnations. This came as much of a surprise to these therapists as well as their patients, but both decided it was worth risking their professional reputations to explore the matter further. I still approach spiritual stuff with a healthy dose of skepticism, but I found Newton and Weiss's books compelling and believable.

And I recommend them because they might help you understand why you are here at all, thus connecting you to your purpose. You're here to grow and mature as a soul. What progress you make in this life, your soul will carry forward into other incarnations. You're an eternal being who has chosen to play a role here on Earth for a little while--just like every other human around you.

And when you start thinking like an eternal being (at least as best you can while wearing a meatsuit, and using a meat-based thinking apparatus), a lot of human problems diminish in significance. There is so much fleeting, transient, superficial stuff that seems important to the meatsuit, but it's irrelevant to my soul. Start thinking and acting from a soul perspective, and everything changes.

Newton's books might also help ease the deep longing for home and loneliness you feel--I've felt it too, for nearly my entire life, and on some days I still do. But I now know that I'm not really alone, and that my time here is really just a blink of an eye. And I'm here to do certain things--as are you--and when I'm doing those things my feelings of heaviness, longing, and loneliness disappear.

I don't know what your soul's purpose is in coming here, or what you intended to accomplish on this earth. It doesn't have to be anything huge, but it's yours. And once you remember what it is, and start doing it, you'll probably start feeling a lot more at home here, and less like a lonely exile.
Old 24-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Knower

Dolores Cannon is another Hypnotherapist that does past life regressions. One thing she talks about is the three waves of volunteers and the New Earth. Anyway, she says that a lot of the souls that volunteered to come here to help raise the vibration of the planet have that feeling of home sickness. They think "I want to go home" even though they don't know where home is, they know it's not here.

Maybe you are one of those souls. If so, you are here at this time to help raise the vibration of the planet because you are of a higher vibration. These souls came in three waves. The first wave came at about the time of the baby boomers, the second waves would now be around 30 - 40 years old, and the third wave are some of the kids that are coming in now. Dolores has a video on Youtube about these three waves of volunteers. She might even have a book on it.