Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 12-06-2021, 01:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Going to the bank, to ask if they can loan me some happiness.
US banks could, if you have collateral.
In God we trust. In America, spiritualism is anchored to reality where money can buy you a piece of Heaven.
Old 12-06-2021, 03:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScientificExplorer
Buddhists monks in Thailand have no net worth, no emergency funds, and no guarantee of income beyond the next 3 months.

It's the same deal with Catholic priests who have also sworn to a life of poverty. They live like the lilies of the field and birds of the air giving to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's.

Wake up, man. Donations flow in like manna from Heaven. The National Office of Buddhism receives US$3.5 billion donations a year (not counting US$137million from the government) to support the 37,000 temples and 300,000 monks in Thailand. The wealth of the Catholic Church is estimated at US$30 billion. (Wikipedia)

How to be happy with less money?
Old 12-06-2021, 07:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
I have a better idea. I'm gonna send you allot of happiness. Wait... Be right back.
Going to the bank, to ask if they can loan me some happiness....
Hey, I'm back.Sorry, Altair, they didn't have any happiness.

No worries, just send me money. With more money I can save more and get a better house, new stuff I want, have a back up plan if I would need serious health care treatments, invest etc. To have more money means less worries and more fulfilment.

I'm for plain truth and common sense, I don't believe the ''money vs happiness'' false dichotomy.
Old 12-06-2021, 08:43 AM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Happiness is the most valuable currency in the universe?
Old 12-06-2021, 11:34 AM
Master

There's one thing that I have found that has helped me reach hights I never believed I could... and that's it becoming nothingness

Be giving up all those "I am this... I am that", there's nothing left anymore to polluate your mind and so peace and happiness are complete. Every time I did this, in fact there's no action, but the ceasation of action, anyway, every time I did it, peace reigned in my inner being. And every time I lost this, I lost it because I become something, I decided to take on "I am this.. I am that" and by doing this you are bound to lose the "I am this... I am that", the mind keeps on changing its views 24/24.
Old 12-06-2021, 12:36 PM
Master
Maybe I’ll win the lottery :)

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 12-06-2021, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
Maybe I’ll win the lottery :)
What maybe -Since this is the affirmation section:

I am going to win the lottery.
I feel what it's like to win the lottery.
This is what I'm going to do when I win the lottery.
I AM winning the LOTTERY!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-06-2021, 02:02 PM
Administrator
That is right Miss hepburn you have to be positive,

I have seen myself holding up a huge cheque for over two years it doesnt happen straight away

Namaste
Old 12-06-2021, 02:08 PM
Right, Native...Took my constant 'smiling knowing' it would come about for my $100,000
mortgage to be paid off....later by a friend
that got an inheritance larger than she ever imagined.
I was positive for maybe 2 years about it.
And I never said a word about to it her or anyone.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-06-2021, 05:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair

I'm for plain truth and common sense, I don't believe the ''money vs happiness'' false dichotomy.

To be fair, there is some validity to that “money vs happiness” mindset. It isn’t really about how to be happy with less money. I don’t see how anyone could complain about making $500,000 a year. On closer examination, the moaner may have a sane reason to want more.

Every time the stock market crashes, we read in the news about people jumping off buildings. Not all those suiciders were hitting rock bottom and ending up as poor as spiritualists in this forum but they just couldn’t deal with net-worths that had been battered and cut down from US$ 20 billion to two hundred million. Hell, I’ll bet you would be deliriously happy if your net worth was bumped up from zilch to ten million. So, are those people nuts? Not really. Let me give you my rationale learned from my life experience.

I never liked school and would have been content with a passing grade that just cleared the hurdle to avoid getting thrown out. As a student, I had the attitude of a spiritualist in a materialistic reality, a true Buddhist monk who preferred to get by with just enough in my begging bowl to keep body and soul together. I knew “how to be happy with less money”. But my parents – both very driven - wouldn’t have any of that loser mentality in the house. Failing grade, to them, was a 4.5 GPA. You get the picture, right? There was no way I could “be happy with less money” if I didn’t want my butt kicked.

So, what was supposed to be Paradise on Earth for me was transformed into a run of the salmon up Copper River. In this reality, where we are, everyone is barely making it. Rich or poor, we are all living from hand to mouth. The guy raking in $500,000 a year is struggling as hard to get by as the homeless cripple ambling back and forth from car to car at the lights to get handouts. Nobody can be happy with less money. Nobody, except the spiritualist spacing out and putting himself (i.e. the poor guy) in the rich man's shoes.