Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 15-02-2021, 10:59 PM
Administrator
I have to agree with what Bobjob has said

Namaste
Old 16-02-2021, 10:03 AM
Master
I haven't read everything as it is a lot, but what Bobjob said I agree with. Find another group. And I'd find one that is aimed at different things than meditation and becoming a medium.
Find something around intuitive development where you learn to work with and feel your energy system. Then you will learn to ground, shield, cleanse chakras, and so on and so forth.
That's how things opened up for me. You need a sense of your energy systems if you want to do more, but even if you don't want that, it will help you, your sense of well-being and even physical health.
From there you can take it further if you wish, healing, reading energies etc.

And people who are open from birth may also have to go through the same. I was open from birth. I could hear, see, sense, know, but I shut most of that down when I wasn't believed.
And even if it isn't shut down someone will have to learn to focus and develop their skills properly.

In essence everyone can, just that for some there are (still) more veils over it all and you need to do a little more work to clear that.
It is of course not a must to do so but a choice.
But it's not the case that some have the X-factor and other don't. We ALL have it.
Old 16-02-2021, 07:23 PM
Deactivated Account
and elsewhere.....

As I wrote elsewhere today:

"Perhaps there's as much confusion in this modern-day UK as there appears to be in the USA concerning what mediumship actually means?

If so then it's understandable that sensitives/psychics consider themselves to be, refer to themselves as, 'mediums'. I'm weary of the number of times I've needed to explain to individuals who wonder whether they're mediums when they're simply experiencing or exhibiting psychic awareness/sensitivity.

They're probably not to blame that they misunderstand or simply don't know what's what. After all how are they to learn what mediumship is unless they've been taught by someone who does know?"
Old 24-06-2021, 04:51 AM
Master
Sometimes......... things can be speeded up. For example, attend more diverse classes on Mediumship, associate with Mediums, try doing something 'outside' the box, etc.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-07-2021, 05:00 PM
Seeker
We are all born with these abilities. The fact that it is your desire, tells me that it is your Path. As far away as it may seem right now. Keep following and Trusting your Heart. You are WORTHY. I would also suggest opening a dialog with your Higher Self... it made all the difference in the world for me... Night and Day.
Old 24-07-2021, 06:11 PM
Master
NICE COMMENT

Many of the posts in this thread resonate with Spiritualism and their definition of what is a Medium. There are other definitions of what is a Medium. One definition that resonates with your point of view is:

"According to the teachings received by Allan Kardec from the Spirits, everyone is a medium. The difference is that some people have what is called ostensive mediumship." This can be found at https://www.spiritistsocietyofchicago.org/myths

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-07-2021, 07:20 PM
Deactivated Account
One can say anything about mediumship but just saying it doesn't make it true.

It's conjecture to say we're all born (quote) "with these abilities". Spirit communicators aren't necessarily more knowledgeable about these matters than we are. Although a particular course of action may have worked for one individual it doesn't automatically mean it will work for others.

Mediumship isn't solely the province of Spiritualism or Spiritism (Kardec). Mediums may be adherents to any religion or none. Spirit communicators don't care what religion we may follow or whether we follow one at all.
Old 24-07-2021, 07:58 PM
Master
and if you look at what some call the oldest religion, communicating with spirit ( living and/or 'dead'), is that belief system's forte.

Old 24-07-2021, 08:16 PM
Deactivated Account
As I wrote some time ago:

"...there's much confusion over what mediumship means.

It's understandable that sensitives/psychics consider themselves to be, refer to themselves as, 'mediums'. But I'm weary of the number of times I've needed to explain things to individuals who wonder whether they're mediums when they're simply experiencing or exhibiting psychic awareness/sensitivity.

They're probably not to blame that they misunderstand or simply don't know what's what. After all how are they to learn what mediumship is unless they've been taught by someone who does know?"

My words are as relevant now as they were earlier.
Old 24-07-2021, 09:03 PM
Master
Not everybody is in aligned with Spiritualism's definition of what is a Medium. There are other definitions depending on the belief system.