Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 20-01-2021, 06:01 PM
Experiencer
The Method of Smart Risks!

In life you have to make choices and some choices can be labeled as "risky" and "crazy".

You can make a choice to do them and suffer the pain of failure, but at least you know.

You can make the choice to don't take action at all, but you will suffer the pain of regret, and wonder "what would have happened IF...".

I suscribe more to the philosophy of life to take smart & calculated risks (who has more asymetrical upside than downside) and pulling the trigger on them.

If the upside is the same than the downside, is a bad deal.

Even if it fails, at least you have prepared the maximum downside of that choice (so it doesn't emotionally effect you) and you have feedback in order to adapt with a new strategy.

In the other hand...

If I don't take action at all, (regardless of how amazing the opportunity could be If it works - and also having a maximum downside already prepared). I will suffer inmensely by the pain of regret, and wonder "what if" "what if" "what if".

One thing is clear, choices have a downside and an upside.

The smart method, is to pick the ones that offers a bigger upside than the downside all the time.

- "What is realistically speaking the worst that can happen?"

- "What is realistically speaking the best that can happen?"

Knowing that, you take a smart risk.

If it fails, no problems, because I already have accepted the worst beforehand!

If it works, fantastic, I achieved a great life experience and find more happiness with it!

Let's put it to the test.

You're a single person that wants to find it's ideal mate.

- (A) You can wait for getting lucky doing nothing.

- (B) You can dwell in the past failures and past experiences and do nothing in order to avoid pain (meanwhile you're dwelling in pain & fear anyways. Which later on it will endup in depression after enough time.)

- (C) You can study dating/seduction principles and strategies, build an attractive personality, lifestyle and looks, and start cold approaching your ideal partners by yourself online and offline.
The moment one says "no", you say "next"
Old 23-01-2021, 11:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualFreedom
In life you have to make choices and some choices can be labeled as "risky" and "crazy".

- (A) You can wait for getting lucky doing nothing.

- (B) You can dwell in the past failures and past experiences and do nothing in order to avoid pain (meanwhile you're dwelling in pain & fear anyways. Which later on it will endup in depression after enough time.)

- (C) You can study dating/seduction principles and strategies, build an attractive personality, lifestyle and looks, and start cold approaching your ideal partners by yourself online and offline.
The moment one says "no", you say "next"

my problem being, they will ALL say no. So there doesn't seem much point in trying to go to a lot of effort to do something that is destined to lead to much rejection. Which is fine in a way though because the effort in and of itself wasn't worth anything to me anyway.

These days I'd much rather avoid lot of effort even if it means I can't have anything. Although it does kind of lend itself to fantastically thinking about things that can never happen I suppose... but that is a separate problem sigh.