Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 15-09-2019, 02:34 PM
Pathfinder

Create A Custom Affirmations-List That Fits Your Needs Like A Glove "Novice Friendly"

Before I show you how, I need to first explain attitude-suggestions.

Attitude-suggestions are suggestions that put you in the right state of mind, which will help you move towards your goals with greater ease. Suggestions with attitude also deliver quicker results because they capture emotion and create a belief. Most of the time, attitude-suggestions don’t start with “I am” or “you are.” Typically they are statements.

I will give you a list of attitude-suggestions that I put together for the sake of example. Notice how different you feel when reading these, as opposed to the typical cookie-cut affirmations you will find everywhere. I made sure these aren't jaw-dropping suggestions because I want you to notice how an average or lousy attitude-suggestion can still outdo a stellar affirmation. You will see that attitude-suggestions violate many rules on making a proper affirmation, but remember, these technically aren't affirmations. Therefore, if you find a suggestion that gives you an uplifting or empowering feeling then throw the “rules” out the window and use it.

ATTITUDE-SUGGESTIONS:
“Instead of crucifying yourself in the name of comparison, honor yourself in the name of uniqueness.”

“It is a good thing if your family irritates and annoys you at times because that means you have one.”

“It's only until you accept yourself and be yourself that you will know who's worthy to be in your life.”

“Be cautious around the people who call you selfish because most of them are trying to manipulate you to do what they want you to do.”

“There are over 7 billion people in this world. Don’t waste your time on the 5 who are bringing you down”

“Never judge a person’s story by the chapter you walked in on”

“Your feedback of others depends on how they reflect off of you. If you are true to yourself, you will see the truth in others.”

“Your legacy is the result of your influence in this game called “life.” Therefore, what matters most at the end of this game is the scoreboard shows you participated. If you are not on the scoreboard, then you have lived in vain."

VERSUS…….COOKIE-CUT AFFIRMATIONS:
“Each day, you are developing new and positive habits and attitudes. Your ability to conquer your challenges are limitless.”
“Your potential to succeed is infinite. You have the power to change your life by changing your thoughts.”

See the difference?

Cookie-cut affirmations talk AT you while attitude-suggestions talk TO you. Attitude-suggestions talk to your soul. Attitude-suggestions don’t insult the intelligence of your subconscious mind. Attitude-suggestions prepare you for life and the real world. Attitude-suggestions aren’t vague or require you to strain yourself in order to grasp what is being said. Instead, they “feed” you their intent and meaning. You know what is being suggested the moment you read an attitude-suggestion.

I'm now going to give you a powerful tip. Most of the time, quotes are suggestions with attitude. I will show you that you need not do this alone. Your brothers and sisters from the past and present have all given you a gift of attitude that you can also make your own. Also, they are very easy to find. First, you need to figure out what area of your life you would like to improve. After that, go to an Internet search engine and type the desired quote category based on what you want to improve on. You can also type “quotes site” in a search engine, click on a quotes-site, then scroll down the categories and pick the new attitudes you wish to call your own.

As you read the quotes, seek the AHA reaction. It must hit you like a fist going through the screen. If it doesn't hit you like a brick then move onto the next quote. Just remember that the emotional response should be one where you are taken back a bit. If it gives you the chills and/or makes you smile, then it's a good one. That AHA feeling of excitement is your subconscious telling you that something about that quote is special for you. It’s an attitude you need. (((It’s the next step up from where you are at)))

Here’s a quick story to give you an example of the power an attitude-suggestion holds. This is a suggestion that will kill someone if she isn't already dead. This girl was raised with love and apparently admired the ground that the person who raised her walked on. I say this because she had an answer for everything as if she were programmed like a robot. She would respond without hesitation and had a reason for everything. She was eighteen at the time which is why I came to this conclusion.

I was twenty-two at the time, working for a company that creates leads for construction work on homes. We worked in a tight, cubicle-filled office which is why we could hear everything that anyone was saying. One day she was talking about something. I don't remember what it was about, which is relevant because it will prove my point all the more. All I can remember was responding to her jabber by suggesting she drink water because it will help. Her serious, no-nonsense, non-hesitant response was, “Water is where fishies make love; I don't drink water, I only drink juice and milk.”

No disrespect to my readers but she was morbidly obese with a body that had the near-perfect contour of a falling water-drop. Worse than that is she was most likely prediabetic at the early age of eighteen. Milk is designed to make a baby calf gain four-hundred times more its body-weight than a calf who doesn't drink milk. The sugar in the juice will spike her insulin throughout the day, making weight gain inevitable. Also, consuming pasteurized products throughout the day, every day, will cause considerable harm to the body.

Anyway, needless to say, I was a bit taken aback. I couldn't believe she makes nutritional decisions based on such silly nonsense. However, it's an attitude-statement that was told to her once upon a time and might be the death of her, unhappily ever after. If one measly attitude-suggestion has the power to stick in my head for 20 years and also destroy a girl’s health, can you imagine what a list of empowering attitude-suggestions can do for you?

Here’s a final note. Attitude-suggestions and quotes work best when you put yourself in a good state of mind, then record them. Record each one once, then listen to the full track of suggestions/quotes at least 3 times a day. Audacity is audio software that you can download for free and use to record your suggestions. From there you can transfer them to any device of choice to listen from on a daily basis.

Nicholas D’Arezzo
Old 15-09-2019, 04:11 PM
Master
Nicholas D’Arezzo,

Thanks for providing these very helpful techniques for making impacts on the subconscious, which certainly made an impact on me.
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 15-09-2019, 07:58 PM
Lorelyen

How can there be anything but a custom list of affirmations? Nobody would use ready-made affirmations would they, unless they coincided with a personal affirmation?

A good money-making idea but it does smell of snake oil. "Roll up! Roll up! Buy my ready-made affirmation lists! Affirmations for all occasions!"
Old 17-09-2019, 07:00 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
How can there be anything but a custom list of affirmations? Nobody would use ready-made affirmations would they, unless they coincided with a personal affirmation?

A good money-making idea but it does smell of snake oil. "Roll up! Roll up! Buy my ready-made affirmation lists! Affirmations for all occasions!"

I'm not selling a list. I'm giving a suggestion on how to find attitude-suggestions. I'm a hypnotherapist who has been studying affirmations for over 20 years and I have never experienced or seen such amazing results as when I have used quotes. They work because they instill a new attitude from within. They help you look at life in a different light with a new mindset. From there, changes are much more possible.

You have to go online and read a lot of quotes. Pick the ones that emotionally move you and use them (which makes the list customized just for you). Unfortunately, there is no fast list that works for everyone.
Old 18-09-2019, 01:29 AM
Ascender
"I always have support and help everywhere I go."
Old 18-09-2019, 01:31 AM
Ascender
Talking Neurolinguist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas D'Arezzo
I'm not selling a list. I'm giving a suggestion on how to find attitude-suggestions. I'm a hypnotherapist who has been studying affirmations for over 20 years and I have never experienced or seen such amazing results as when I have used quotes. They work because they instill a new attitude from within. They help you look at life in a different light with a new mindset. From there, changes are much more possible.

You have to go online and read a lot of quotes. Pick the ones that emotionally move you and use them (which makes the list customized just for you). Unfortunately, there is no fast list that works for everyone.
So you are s nruroliguistic pyogrsmmrr,?
Old 18-09-2019, 07:40 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas D'Arezzo

I too have been working with affirmations for exactly 20 years this year, and would suggest that affirmative "injections" through hypnotism are somewhat different from the ordinary person hoping to benefit without that. Affirmations can only work when they "instil a new drive from within". (I substituted for attitude deliberately but it doesn't really matter.)

Affirmations are basically simple. They don't need books about them. I've voiced my ideas and findings several times here but it seems these days people are generally happier if they've bought a book crammed with words - an authoritative voice - but omitting two things: the willingness and staying power of the "affirmer".

But then, I'm more traditionalist if, at one time, a moderately heavy user of the technique with good evidence it works. Of course, one can't be both things at once: successful and unsuccessful but it does seem my ongoing success in multimedia freelancing can be attributed to affirmation. Perhaps I'm wrong and like many entrepreneurs affirmation is naturally a feature of my build.

Point is, if someone wants to better themselves and it's a practical proposition, affirmation works and effort goes into framing the affirmation whether or not you call it a suggestion. The technique has been around probably as long as humanity but the 21st century has spawned a lot of on-line nonsense and pseudo-gurus aiming to make money from oft-specious books when it could be summed up on a sheet of A4 paper.
Old 18-09-2019, 05:03 PM
Deactivated Account
Sounds like a good approach to help rewire the nervous system. Also good if you're not sure what resonates with you and you're out of touch with your emotional body, or not sure which road to take. I have a few attitude-suggestions which have worked wonders for me which I've taken from right off this forum. To quote SF member Baile years ago, I saw him say something once along the lines of "Create the lifestyle, and the rest will follow." That statement changed my life (which was chaos at the time) because it made me feel as you describe, it helped me feel my way into the new habits I needed to make. I liked how open-ended it was. No pressure. It was something my nervous system and emotional body could handle, and it felt creative. It's now in my custom root chakra cards and I still use it to create what I want.

They're like little seeds inside of you, has been my experience. If you have that positive neuro reaction/excitement to them that you are talking about.

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 18-09-2019, 07:02 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCreativeSpirit
So you are s nruroliguistic pyogrsmmrr,?

Yes....I'm a bit rusty though in NLP. I might get back in the profession again with the increased interest in QHHT.
Old 18-09-2019, 07:33 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I too have been working with affirmations for exactly 20 years this year, and would suggest that affirmative "injections" through hypnotism are somewhat different from the ordinary person hoping to benefit without that. Affirmations can only work when they "instil a new drive from within". (I substituted for attitude deliberately but it doesn't really matter.)

Affirmations are basically simple. They don't need books about them. I've voiced my ideas and findings several times here but it seems these days people are generally happier if they've bought a book crammed with words - an authoritative voice - but omitting two things: the willingness and staying power of the "affirmer".

But then, I'm more traditionalist if, at one time, a moderately heavy user of the technique with good evidence it works. Of course, one can't be both things at once: successful and unsuccessful but it does seem my ongoing success in multimedia freelancing can be attributed to affirmation. Perhaps I'm wrong and like many entrepreneurs affirmation is naturally a feature of my build.

Point is, if someone wants to better themselves and it's a practical proposition, affirmation works and effort goes into framing the affirmation whether or not you call it a suggestion. The technique has been around probably as long as humanity but the 21st century has spawned a lot of on-line nonsense and pseudo-gurus aiming to make money from oft-specious books when it could be summed up on a sheet of A4 paper.

Absolutely! In my opinion, affirmations are great when added to a plan of action. If they are used alone then they should be used to motivate the user to create a plan of action.

What you say is true and is where the dichotomy is. If you have the will and drive to constantly recite affirmations then you probably don't need them. You are already moving in the right direction.

This is why I always suggest people record their affirmations because the amygdala will fight the user during the "rewiring process." In other words, that defense mechanism will exhaust and drain the person of all motivation to continue reciting suggestions to their self so things will stay the same.

What is your opinion on QHHT? I have seen youtube videos and it never looks like the people in a trance are in a deep delta state. When in that deep a trance, they should look like they had a stroke. Instead, their faces look perky like they are taking a light nap.