Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 27-07-2021, 03:34 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
"One may say that while we live, we exist in God's knowledge (Daas), while after death we exist in His memory(Binah)....But God's memory is not a static thing. The sum total of a human personality may indeed exist in God's memory, but it can still maintain its self-identity and volition, and remain in an active state."

There is a lot to explore in comparing the concept of the Goddess and that of Binah.

Thank you for the link.
Old 27-07-2021, 06:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
There is a lot to explore in comparing the concept of the Goddess and that of Binah.

Thank you for the link.

Since the essay is directed to the general public, I am sure that "there is a lot to explore" beyond what is written. Having been written by a Rabbi, I would not expect it to address either the Goddess or the Tarot.

However, when you mentioned "Binah", I recalled the reference from years ago and, fortunately, I was able to find it in some form online so that I could provide a link. This interpretation of "Binah" seemed consisted with the collective unconscious, the expanded consciousness, God consciousness/memory, etc.

I look more to what you will share regarding "Binah".

Last edited by Still_Waters : 27-07-2021 at 07:27 PM.
Old 28-07-2021, 03:00 PM
Legrand

Still Water,

You may be disappointed on my next post that will be on Binah in the World of Atziluth.

I am simply writing symbols that may open a door for some to feel the “vibration” or form of consciousness behind them.

I let it to the reader of this thread to do his or her exploration of such entities or forces from the direct experience they may have.

I am more of the school of Cabala, than Kabbalah or Qabalah.

“According to Fulcanelli, the Phonetic Cabala is not the Hebrew Kabbalah; it is based on phonetic assonance and resonance to echo The Gay Science in the words of the ancient Greek deities spoken in sacred ancient Greek nomenclature.”

From Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulcanelli

And, also, I have limited the length of the quotes from the The Book of Thoth, since this new rule here on SF, on the number of lines we may quote.

I took The Book of Thoth for the part of the study of Tarot part, even if it is not my favourite tarot deck for the symbolic it contains, because there is no copyright on it, and responds to the rules for quotes in the sticky thread of this section.

But who knows, if you focus on my energy next week, as I will be Invoking Binah of Atziluth to manifest in my day to day that week, maybe it will open a door for you to receive direct knowledge from this "principle".

Regards,
Old 28-07-2021, 05:06 PM
Master
QUOTE 183 EXCERPT:

Quote:

I am simply writing symbols that may open a door for some to feel the “vibration” or form of consciousness behind them.

People often underestimate the power of symbols and the "vibration" behind them. In the east, the symbol for OM is a perfect example ...but even OM can only take one so far.

The Wikipedia article on Fulcanelli is intriguing. He does seem to have attuned to the subtler energies through which the Siddhis (powers as named in the East) manifest.

I particularly like the description of his writing style, which is common to mystics of various traditions. "The books are written in a cryptic and erudite manner, replete with Latin and Greek puns, alchemical symbolism, double entendres, and lectures on and in Argot and Cant, all of which serve to keep casual readers ignorant. "
Old 28-07-2021, 07:00 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 183 EXCERPT:

The Wikipedia article on Fulcanelli is intriguing. He does seem to have attuned to the subtler energies through which the Siddhis (powers as named in the East) manifest.

I particularly like the description of his writing style, which is common to mystics of various traditions. "The books are written in a cryptic and erudite manner, replete with Latin and Greek puns, alchemical symbolism, double entendres, and lectures on and in Argot and Cant, all of which serve to keep casual readers ignorant. "

Reading his work on the Mystery of the Cathedrals, it may seem to a lot of readers a simple tourist book for people interested in visiting cathedrals.

Alchemists call this the language of the birds.

Jay Weidner in his book The Mysteries of the Great Cross of Hendaye and the monument to the End of Time was good at decrypting the last chapter of the Mystery of the Cathedral. Took him a full good book to just decrypt a just few pages.
Old 29-07-2021, 01:46 PM
Master
QUOTE 184 EXCERPT:

Quote:

Jay Weidner in his book The Mysteries of the Great Cross of Hendaye and the monument to the End of Time was good at decrypting the last chapter of the Mystery of the Cathedral. Took him a full good book to just decrypt a just few pages.

I have always marveled at how the language of some sages is so precise that it can be interpreted (decrypted) in many different ways depending on the depth of the listener.

Having said that, there are some wannabees whose language is unnecessarily cryptic.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:54 AM
Legrand

Week 104: Binah in Atziluth and the 3 of Wands

Binah in Atziluth: YHWH Elohim

Color of the Sephirah: Purple

YHWH Elohim has been translated as God of gods, Being of beings.

Elohim is the oldest name for God and its origin goes back to the Canaanite and Babylonian deities. The descendants of Abraham may have used this common name for their deity. But with the people of Israel, this name became that of the unique and incomparable God.

The word is formed from a feminine singular ALH (Eloh) to which is added IM, the ending of a masculine plural.

Let us note that this combination confirms the double nature, masculine and feminine, of God. God is Father and Mother. Without this double nature, masculine and feminine, there is no creation. It is not clear how Elohim could have created man in his own image, male and female, if he did not have both male and female natures within him.

Although Elohim has an ending in IM, it is not really the plural designating gods, but rather a plural of excellence or majesty which encloses the whole of God's attributes, Eloh (the divinity) + the attributes which justify the plural.

While YHWH reveals more of its essence, Elohim emphasizes the attributes of God; power. In Genesis, Elohim is mentioned 164 times and YHWH 146 times.

The combination YHWH Elohim is the so-called full name commonly called the 9 letter Divine Name: It appears for the first time in Genesis chapter II.

YHWH represents the right side of mercy and Elohim the left side of severity. Some people see in this name the male principle united with the female principle, which is correct if we mean by this the unity of polarized forces. The union of the two names into one conceals a name that would be the prerogative of the hidden sephirah, Daath. It is YAHEL. The patriarchal influence seems to go back to the first Semitic tribes, while those of the south worshipped YHWH the father and those of the north ELOH the mother. A compromise was established by the concept of a deity who was pure spirit. YA and EL were combined under the name IOEL, but the masculinity of Semitism nevertheless prevailed in religious matters. The Qabalah continued to teach in secret that the deity was pure essence with dual male and female polarity. Binah, the highest concept of divine femininity, should be named ALOATH ELOHIM, the Goddess of Goddesses, the Great Mother.

Personally, She manifest to me as Inanna before the patriarchal society made Her become Ishtar. I have NoOne here on SF to thanks for introducing me to this form of the Goddess also known as Shakti, and many other Names. Lalita Tripura Sundari is also another form of the Goddess that manifest often to me. And also, in the form of Ekajati, the principal guardian of Dzogchen teachings. And not forgetting the Violet Tara that I have another member here on SF to thanks for Introducing me to this form of the Goddess. And we should not forget to thanks all living all living women on this planet.

Some may see a negative side in Binah, because with the birth of forms comes Time and Death, that She controls also.

The 3 of Wands - Virtue:

“This card refers to Binah in the suit of Fire, and so represents the establishment of primeval Energy. The Will has been transmitted to the Mother, who conceives, prepares, and gives birth to, its manifestation.”
(The Book of Thoth)

Picture of the card:

Old 01-08-2021, 01:30 PM
Master
"Elohim is the oldest name for God and its origin goes back to the Canaanite and Babylonian deities."

What an interesting point. It is as if going 'full circle'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 01-08-2021, 01:48 PM
Legrand

We do a full circle with every breath as livings Big John.
Old 01-08-2021, 05:20 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Personally, She manifest to me as Inanna before the patriarchal society made Her become Ishtar. I have NoOne here on SF to thanks for introducing me to this form of the Goddess also known as Shakti, and many other Names. Lalita Tripura Sundari is also another form of the Goddess that manifest often to me. And also, in the form of Ekajati, the principal guardian of Dzogchen teachings. And not forgetting the Violet Tara that I have another member here on SF to thanks for Introducing me to this form of the Goddess. And we should not forget to thanks all living all living women on this planet.

She takes many forms and has many more names. There is an interesting debate going on in the Christianity subforum about YHWH vs. Elohim. The subject of Asherah was brought up and quickly disregarded. Interested to hear your thoughts.