Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 03:16 AM
Enlightener

Darla's Comatose Melanoma Transplant

I do have a little bit of an identity crisis. Like sometimes when I look in the mirror I realise that I have no idea who I am, it's kind of scary. It's like my physical body is not really a reflection of who I am, or I don't identify with it enough to beleive that it is me.

Enlightener
Old 04-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Bob23

What does Oneness mean to you?

Absolutely and utterly everything that it means and the You or Me it means it to is inclusive in all.

There is no exclusion to or from any where that isn't Oneness.

Your whole life will unfold in this One present moment.

In short: All of it!

Simple.

Old 07-10-2006, 07:55 PM
~Jay~

I forgot to add that the day after I had my meditation, I heard this song by Queen on the radio - a song I haven't heard for aaaages!

One man one goal one mission,
One heart one soul just one solution,
One flash of light yeah one god one vision

One flesh one bone,
One true religion,
One voice one hope,
One real decision,
Wowowowo gimme one vision

No wrong no right,
I'm gonna tell you there's no black and no white,
No blood no stain,
All we need is one world wide vision

One flesh one bone,
One true religion,
One voice one hope,
One real decision,
Wowowowowowo

I had a dream,
When I was young,
A dream of sweet illusion,
A glimpse of hope and unity,
And visions of one sweet union,
But a cold wind blows,
And a dark rain falls,
And in my heart it shows,
Look what they've done to my dream

Vision,
Give me your hands,
Give me your hearts,
I'm ready,
There's only one direction,
One world and one nation,
Yeah one vision

No hate no fight,
Just excitation,
All through the night,
It's a celebration wowowowo yeah

One one one

One flesh one bone,
One true religion,
One voice one hope,
One real decision
Old 08-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Master
Thanks Jaycee, they are inspiring lyrics.

I still think of oneness as the Ultimate Ending; the conclusion to our journey. Its not just an experience it is an occurance, a happening. Like going to heaven and finding all the other people there too.
Its also like a victory to me. A victory over the cold and dark and fear etc.
Its a time when all bad things end and all good things begin.

I think the Eastern Mysticism explanation of Oneness is a bit cold, a bit formal. The Christian definition of living in the eternal glory of God and experiencing the Great Goodness and Benediction is more like it.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 14-10-2006, 03:43 AM
Enlightener

Synonymous Harp

One night I was out with my friend and he came up with the phrase 'Perfection is the end', it meant something else to him, but to me it was like saying that once you have evolved into perfect form you may return to your original state, Nirvana, or absolute Oneness.

Though of course you shall have to come out of this perfect state, to once again know the other side of life. On and off, in and out.

Enlightener
Old 17-10-2006, 12:35 AM
BLAIR2BE

so, are you saying...that absolute oneness is not a constant condition, it is a state that must be achieved through...works, practices,..?? and what is perfect form??
Old 17-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Enlightener

[QUOTE:BLAIR2BE] so, are you saying...that absolute oneness is not a constant condition, it is a state that must be achieved through...works, practices,..?? and what is perfect form??[quote]

Yes it is a constant, it is the nature of reality and all of life.
You needn't do anything to realise your Oneness with existence. But it may be a good idea to become aware of this at certain intervals. I guess I could say that it is a good idea to 'practice' being One. And you may need to 'work' at it to become good at realising your eternal Oneness.

Perfect form was just my way of explaining the condition at which you are able to enter Nirvana, I guess there are some complications that come into play here when trying to explain Perfection, as we are always in a perfect state, though we do evolve, and evolution is like a big circle, you may be on any point or level of evolution and you still have places to go, there is no end. But you do reach a point in your lifetime, check that: spiritual lifetime, where you are able to experience Nirvana, and you may do this as many times as you wish, for there is nothing else in this reality TO do.

Enlightener
Old 17-10-2006, 11:33 PM
BLAIR2BE

i agree with you enlightener, that we are one, and only awareness is needed. and one should indeed stop, and conciously realize or "practice" this, every now and then.
im still not quite sure what you mean on perfection. when or what is required, or how does one reach the point where one can experience nirvana?? can you clarify a little??
Old 26-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Enlightener

We sell everything from Mice to dice, from frogs to dogs, from lemon to melanoma

Nirvana is ever present in the universe, and thus can be 'reached' at any time, all you need to do is kind of become aware that you are constantly in nirvana and you will experience it.
The greatest 'nirvanic' experience I have ever had was when I raised the kundalini up to my crown chakra and experienced absolute Oneness, enlightenment.
I suggest you do the same if you really want to experience and know nirvana.

Enlightener

P.S. I hope this answers your query.
Old 26-10-2006, 09:59 PM
BLAIR2BE

yes enlightener, thanx for the clarification...
Closed Thread