Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Closed Thread

Old 27-09-2006, 07:20 PM
~Jay~

What does Oneness mean to you?

I thought I'd share a little insight I had on the subject of oneness yesterday, as I believe there's a fair amount of misunderstanding of what it actually is..... I'll try and explain it as best I can......

I was shown during meditation a vast and wonderful desert, which I was told was humanity/conciousness/spirit;

I picked up a handful of the sand, and was told that each grain represented an individual. We are like a grain of sand - unique, existing seperately.....yet each one of us makes up a whole....ie. the desert. Without each grain, the desert would not exist.

Oneness, therefore, is the awareness that we are part of the whole (the desert) yet at the same time we are also individuals (grains) separate, yet not separate. Part of 'enlightenment' is knowing we are individual, living our own lives and having our own experiences, whilst at the same time knowing we are connected, and part of a bigger picture, if you will.

The 'oneness' idea that the NWO/dark forces of the planet are promoting isn't the same thing at all, it's a distortion. They want us all thinking, acting, doing the same by control. We would no longer be individuals with free will. I believe if you truly understand the difference, there's no way that they could fool us into accepting their version.

I probably haven't explained this very well, but I hope this makes sense to someone, lol!
Old 27-09-2006, 07:49 PM
dreamer

Hey Jaycee,

sometimes when I meditate, i get a pressure in my skull, and on a very few occasions once I have stopped meditating and relax this pressure i have had a warm fuzzy feeling on the crown of my head, sort of like when you rub a balloon and hold it against your head and the static makes your hair stand on end. Once and only once a great energy surged through the crown of my head after meditating. For the following 2 or three hours every thought I had was realised, the synchronicity was such that everything happened exactly how i was thinking it, everything....either i was controlling everything or i was in the flow of something so precisely that my every thought was in sync with the outside world.....it was as though what was outside my mind was an exact copy of what was inside and this is what i have come to feel that unity or oneness is.......on this occassion (last november it was) the synchronicity became unbearable, it was too much and it freaked me out and now I work out if i can get back there.

It was a very interesting experience, and thought provoking too. The only way I can make sense of it is so that it has some sort of integrity is that it is like I am the dreamer and the dream, everything is just a different aspect of everything else all is equal, all is God and at a higher level of grace you come to realise the power that we all have, for we are all the same being manifested in infinite different ways all equal, how could we not be if we are just one?? That's not to say there isn't pain or wrongdoing or whatever b y the way, if you punch yourself in the face it's still painful and a stupid thing to do after all.
Old 28-09-2006, 09:14 AM
~Jay~

What a great experience to have, dreamer! Thanks so much for sharing.

"I am the dreamer and the dream" - that's an excellent way to put it!! You could use it as some kind of mantra in order to remind yourself of that fact when the going gets a little tough sometimes, lol.
Old 28-09-2006, 09:37 AM
imageimaginer

I liked the way you described the oneness Jaycee with the sand and the desert. I love the whole concept. Did you know that only when we become one we will know all the mysteries of the universe but that may not be for some time yet. To me it means to be one with god and one with each other. -image
Old 28-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Enlightener

Darn those hairy bellboys, darn them to hell!

Well, I couldn't let this thread go by without chucking in my two cents.
I beleive that oneness is, in reality, the connectedness between all things. Everything is connected with everything else as it all came from the same energy source and is, in pure form, exactly the same.
There is only one form of energy though it has been divided into god knows how many individuations. And these individuations of the whole are what make up the whole. Without them there would be nothing. I love your desert metaphor, you describe Oneness perfectly.
....yeah....
Hope this helps,
Enlightener

P.S. Cool pic Image

Last edited by Enlightener : 28-09-2006 at 09:59 AM. Reason: They called it a stromy Monday.
Old 28-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Master
You have all explained 'Oneness' very well, I agree with all of you.
I do think that oneness is a feeling too, an experience of 'Union', of not being separate or divided. Its like being close and in contact with your loved ones all the time, or like being happy all the time.

Oneness is an act of Union when all the 'colours' (experiences) bleed into one. And that one is pure Joy, Love etc.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 28-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Knower
I wouldn't like to say what oneness is exactly, but occasionally while I meditate I get a sensation that may well be a result or a symptom of it...

Sometimes it's as if the boundary of my physical body is being blurred and my bodily energy is merged with the energy of the universe around me. If I'm particularly relaxed this blurring continues to its natural conclusion and it feels like my body has entirely melted away leaving me as just a bubble of energy.

It's a feeling of incredible stillness, quiet and tranquility, but what surprises me is that it's like I'm the only soul in the universe, though this isn't a scary solitude in any way at all. Afterwards I'm very often thirsty and need some water.

Don't know if anyone else has similar experiences?

Love and Light,
Jeremy
Old 29-09-2006, 02:10 AM
BLAIR2BE

to me, oneness is the awareness of being, well, one with everyone, the universe, god, everything.
so basically, oneness is the awareness that one is, one......huh
does that make any sense?? (it does in my head)
Old 29-09-2006, 04:25 AM
mikron

Oneness to me is a step into the next dimension the right way !
Old 29-09-2006, 01:42 PM
dreamer

and seperation is looking the other way....nice one i like that Mikron.
Closed Thread