Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-03-2021, 10:14 PM
Newbie ;)

There is no death?

What do you think about the idea that there is no death, as in, a deprivation chamber where we somehow exist in some kind of limbo where nothing exists, except our dread that we are dead and cognition that there is nothing?

It seems that life only can know life. It seems that there is no way life can know non-existence (how reductionist science explains it).

For example, take total anaesthesia. For most of the people time / existence during anaesthesia will be completely lost - for them these few minutes / hours did not exist - the moment they wake up immediately follows up their last conscious moment.

Similarly, if someone is dead (looking from reductionist science standpoint), they cannot be aware of the fact they are dead.

So for them, the next moment they are aware of, must be after millions or trillions of years has passed and millions of universes had existed - until they exist again (so the matter organises itself in same way to form that exact person).

This seemingly naive thinking could bring about discussion about "Eternal return", that has been in an interesting way discussed by Anthony Peake whose book I read recently and found as thought provoking.
Old 29-03-2021, 01:10 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dworkin
So for them, the next moment they are aware of, must be after millions or trillions of years has passed and millions of universes had existed - until they exist again (so the matter organises itself in same way to form that exact person).

Many of us do not give too much credence to the idea that our identity is based on matter organising itself in a particular fashion.

If we are consciousness utilising a succession of physical bodies then there is no reason why we should not be aware that our physical body has died.

Although having said that, reading all the after-death literature it seems as if some people, still finding themselves existing and seemingly unchanged, are in denial about having physically died. They are so convinced that death is the end that they can only conclude that are still physically alive.

One day we will find out for ourselves.

Peace
Old 29-03-2021, 07:43 AM
Elfin

Hi... And I may well be in the minority of believing "what if I died years ago , and everything I see/live/ know/ on a daily basis is all in my imagination because I cannot face the reality that I'm dead !!!!!!!""
On the plus side... I won't have to face death, as I'm already there !!!
But in case I AM still alive... Then I'm dying !!... And I can tell you.. straight from the horse's mouth, that life , with this knowledge, is suddenly different... Half the time I'm here, half the time I'm "somewhere else" .... It's so bizarre.
Please feel free to ask me specific questions...
Old 29-03-2021, 08:09 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi... And I may well be in the minority of believing "what if I died years ago , and everything I see/live/ know/ on a daily basis is all in my imagination because I cannot face the reality that I'm dead !!!!!!!""
On the plus side... I won't have to face death, as I'm already there !!!
But in case I AM still alive... Then I'm dying !!... And I can tell you.. straight from the horse's mouth, that life , with this knowledge, is suddenly different... Half the time I'm here, half the time I'm "somewhere else" .... It's so bizarre.
Please feel free to ask me specific questions...

Elfin, you are blessed.You are in a better position than any of us. It has all been agreed on beforehand.
Old 24-04-2021, 10:31 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Elfin, you are blessed.You are in a better position than any of us. It has all been agreed on beforehand.
Hi Haz..... You even understood all, or any of that ??? LoL.....
...Yes all agreed prior to birth... What we signed up for..
...However !!!
.. we can't remember all of that !!!
Old 11-04-2021, 10:44 AM
Deactivated Account
Hi.

@Op,
My own thoughts about death, currently, are: if you know God, then death can be only an Idea - an idea which became real and threatening on this plane of existence.
(but only for those who believe in death)

When you experience an "out of the body state", while being alive, you will not doubt that there is no death.

And, as Bob Monroe writes, in one of his books:

"There is no death, you remain you." - even when the bodily coat and glove are dropped away.

Quote:
for them these few minutes / hours did not exist

Minutes and hours exists only for humans.
Animals, insects, water, rock and fire do not know of seconds and minutes.
Neither do they care. - If you would try to convince them about it - they would ask you: What is it for ?

A Clock is a measurement thing, which people use to measure the speed of the change, because this is useful to them.

There is only "NOW", which is always present.
Old 22-04-2021, 04:31 PM
Master
I’m interested in this theory ; as if to say you were risen and have no recollection of life beforehand so in theory have death keys—- in theory a ghost theory has to be recollected in some sort of way to process the account??

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 23-04-2021, 12:54 PM
Administrator
There is no death just a continuation of life your body may be broken but your soul is not

Namaste
Old 22-05-2022, 07:11 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
There is no death just a continuation of life your body may be broken but your soul is not
Exactly.

Our vehicle/body no longer can contain our soul/lifeforce. All that happens then is we no longer play the physical game we call life. We go back to our original state of being. That being pure spirit/soul not contained in a physical body. Until the next reincarnation.

Finding the truth comes from two sources. The ones you find yourself and the ones you're willing to accept told by others.
Old 25-05-2022, 05:09 AM
Master
My understanding is that death is to be overcome whilst here in the physical body by uniting the spiritual and the physical if you are spiritually inclined or unity of the soul and the physical body if you identify as soul, I am soul.

utopiandreamchild