Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 22-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Adrian Jackson

Watch videos on NDEs
Old 22-05-2013, 05:00 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Jackson
Watch videos on NDEs
Hmmm I'm seeing a pattern here... do you think we should start watching videos on NDE,s? :^)
Old 10-06-2013, 04:48 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark payne
I don't believe in death, I have thought about alot, and for a long time, like most things that don't make sense to me, I think about them, and I try to see how it feels to me, and I've decided that death is something that is manmade, thats its an end, its final, there is no more, one chance, thats all folks! No second chance, no refund, no nothing, why?
You could go to heaven, why? I want to experience more, to try out something else, live another live, see what its like to be someone/ something else.
I know many people who have said when the question of death has come up, "they bury you in the ground, and thats it!"
What about your spirit, where does that go then, don't these people think they have one?
We are spirits having a human experience,
Not a human having a spiritual experience.

As Stephen said "beliefs" are conditional ...
Your topic really struck a me deeply ...
I understand your thoughts on death are from the rational part of your brain (left), not the limbic system: the epi-center for emotions ...
The afterlife has been proven to me by my husband's spirit & by renewing my beliefs through years of grief work ...
The experience of having the afterlife proven to me did not soothe my loss or cure my grief; it merely answered my question of its existence ...
Now that I am healed, I can now say I am grateful my consciousness was raised & belief in the afterlife is absolute ...
Once you have experienced the loss of someone with whom you shared a cathexis your beliefs will be tested in ways you cannot fathom ...
Grief is years of journeying down a dark path of 24/7 mental anguish, physical pain, hopelessness, confusion, loss of concern for one's own life, etc, till the process is completed as well as one's own spiritual beliefs have ascended ...
Grief cannot be fixed by mind over matter b/c the person you loved & lost matters ~
Some people have lost their life to the brutal symptoms of grief ~
There is no cure for grief, it is a process that is gone through baby step after baby step covering each issue over & over & over till all is resolved ~
It is how we learn whether our faith &/or beliefs hold true ~

Personally, I think it's fine for you to think of your own death in that manner ...
However, you never want to share your beliefs w/someone who is suffering from the recent loss of a loved one (up to 5 years) ...
It is better to just give your condolences then walk away ...
Their faith & beliefs are being challenged so much so a simple comment can cause blood boiling anger the kind that will make a grieving person want to reach down someone's throat to rip out their heart ...

Otherwise, you're good to go ... *wink*