Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-01-2021, 06:11 PM
Ascender
I already commented here but I wanted to say this...

I am not afraid of actual death itself and what happens after your time has been declared.

I am afraid of dying in a hospital alone without coherently getting to say goodbye to my daughter or family. Also not getting to see her thrive in adult life. Thinking of her being a little girl losing her mom terrifies me. And I'm pretty sure if there's an afterlife, I would be stuck trying to communicate my love for her which would be haunting and creepy LOL
Old 05-01-2021, 08:29 AM
Master

I'm not very happy with my lot at the moment. At 82 1/2 my health is failing rapidly. One thing after another is appearing and causing trouble. I fear that the moment will come when I will no longer be capable of looking after myself - that would be a real blow.
However I do have the memory of my father in 1981 telling me directly after he died (and I was 1000 kilometres away) that he was well and happy - and he looked it!
Fortunately I am a member of an organisation called EXIT and when all is lost they are allowed to hand me the potion that'll spare me all indignities.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:43 AM
Administrator
Busby as we all get older we dont fear death. Because all we do is go home.

I am not your age but i have Health issues.

You are lucky in the way you can do something about it. through Exit

When we go home we leave our illnesses here and we go to a Wondeful place.

Namaste
Old 07-01-2021, 10:03 AM

Recently I have been following an Italian philosopher called Galimberti on youtube. Although he speaks many modern and ancient languages, I think his conferences are just in Italian language.
In one of Galimberti's video, he stresses the difference between the ancient Greek philosophy and the Christian philosophy concerning death. For Christian philosophy is not meant the philosophy introduced by the religion, rather the philosophy that had been taking place since Christianity started to exist.
Galimberti highlights how ancient Greek philosophy was more objective, more searching the true nature of things, understanding them and bravely facing them, even about death; while the Christian philosophy is more "coward", by mean finding irrational theories to avoid facing the natural fear for the unknown event of death: because of that fear, people look for hopes to reinsure about the after-life.
Galimberti structures the Christian philosophy in the following model: past is bad, present is working on improvement, future is good.
He states that even science has Christian philosophy, even though it is often believed to be against it: past is ignorance, present is research, future is better.... who is not young like myself may think about that model 30 years ago: in many fields what before was good future is now bad ignorance...
Of course Christianity religion has Christian philosophy: past is sin, present is redemption, future is good.
For my point of view, who (unconsciously) gains the Greek philosophy by either own spiritual way or life path, loses the fear for death.
That's another point of Anandayana Project book I am quite aligned to, even though I don't share the same belief (topic on Book thread)
Old 11-01-2021, 08:55 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyScorp
I already commented here but I wanted to say this...

I am not afraid of actual death itself and what happens after your time has been declared.

I am afraid of dying in a hospital alone without coherently getting to say goodbye to my daughter or family. Also not getting to see her thrive in adult life. Thinking of her being a little girl losing her mom terrifies me. And I'm pretty sure if there's an afterlife, I would be stuck trying to communicate my love for her which would be haunting and creepy LOL
You are describing my wifes life, at the moment, as she is dying alone in a long term care home.Life for all of us can become horrorific at any time, and we have to try and find some joy in these many moments as well, or we have lost all the battles.I have transitioned souls in the past, and that is my last job for my beloved wife.She can't ever be truly alone, even if it seems that way, as I won't let her soul travel to anywhere but to her true home.If I hadn't a long experience with[50 years] meditation ,I could have never suffered through all of this alone.
Old 07-02-2021, 08:02 AM
Master
Naturally people wouldn't be afraid of death if they aren't in imminent danger of it. Just like it is natural for people to create a belief system to combat their fears of future possibility such as; afterlife, heaven, reincarnation, saying i don't exist while obviously existing, etc.
Old 08-02-2021, 08:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Naturally people wouldn't be afraid of death if they aren't in imminent danger of it. Just like it is natural for people to create a belief system to combat their fears of future possibility such as; afterlife, heaven, reincarnation, saying i don't exist while obviously existing, etc.

And yet everyone is in imminent danger of death, but most people don't think about it. We seem to assume that we will live through today and survive to a ripe old age. But every day thousands die unexpectedly through accidents, violence, natural disasters, sudden medical emergency, etc etc. I don't imagine that they woke up that morning and thought "This is my last day on Earth".

The simple fact is that we do not know when our time will come, so it makes sense to start investigating death and preparing for it now.

Peace
Old 10-02-2021, 12:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
And yet everyone is in imminent danger of death, but most people don't think about it. We seem to assume that we will live through today and survive to a ripe old age. But every day thousands die unexpectedly through accidents, violence, natural disasters, sudden medical emergency, etc etc. I don't imagine that they woke up that morning and thought "This is my last day on Earth".

Yep.

Quote:

The simple fact is that we do not know when our time will come, so it makes sense to start investigating death and preparing for it now.

Peace

And what better way to prepare than by living. I mean really living.
Old 10-02-2021, 08:27 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthtuner
You are describing my wifes life, at the moment, as she is dying alone in a long term care home.Life for all of us can become horrorific at any time, and we have to try and find some joy in these many moments as well, or we have lost all the battles.I have transitioned souls in the past, and that is my last job for my beloved wife.She can't ever be truly alone, even if it seems that way, as I won't let her soul travel to anywhere but to her true home.If I hadn't a long experience with[50 years] meditation ,I could have never suffered through all of this alone.

Sorry to hear this, Earthtuner. Hope you don't mind me wishing you all the best through this transition. Can feel the strength within the words you've typed on the matter and it's something to admire.
Old 10-02-2021, 08:51 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
And yet everyone is in imminent danger of death, but most people don't think about it. We seem to assume that we will live through today and survive to a ripe old age.
I suggest we do think about death but there are many reactions to that subject ranging from out-and-out panic through to don't-care. I would guess many HOPE they'll live to a satisfying and ripe old age rather than assume or believe that.
Quote:
But every day thousands die unexpectedly through accidents, violence, natural disasters, sudden medical emergency, etc etc. I don't imagine that they woke up that morning and thought "This is my last day on Earth".
I expect you're right!
Quote:

Peace

As someone who writes almost daily on such subjects I take a different approach...... I have seen that it often needs something specific - often bereavement - to occur before people begin to consider the wide-ranging subject of death. One immediate problem, though, is where to find authoritative information - been there, did that 30 odd years ago, fortunately for me successfully.

Whether it means I'm any better prepared for death than anyone else remains to be seen but I probably won't be able to tell anyone anyway!