Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 31-12-2021, 12:21 PM
Master
For me it's an on and off thing. Not that I ever dislike myself, but some days I'm just not as aligned as others and you cannot really love yourself when you're not in alignment with Self.

But as Abraham has once said, it can be quite the tall order to come to self-love. You can see here the judgement that comes up, "it's narcissistic". It easily triggers that kind of stuff -even though not true- because that's what society has taught us to believe.

In a way it is easier to simply be grateful for things, or to flow love through you. Love/gratitude for a plant, a book, a crystal, a gift, a friend, beautiful hair, a smile, a whatever.
As you flow love or gratitude your vibration goes up, you get into alignment and then can also feel love for Self. But then it doesn't matter so much anymore as you simply feel totally great :)
Old 02-01-2022, 01:17 AM
Master

Thanks FairyCrystal,

I enjoyed your post.
Old 04-01-2022, 08:02 AM
Guide
Like us, self-love isn’t perfect, and it never will be. I believe that it’s something that it is, not something to be achieved. Besides, falling in love is easy, staying in love is complicated (as hackneyed as that is…it’s true damnit!). And like every relationship, a relationship with the self takes work. It takes time, it takes patience, it takes understanding…

The work that we put in is the love and IT fosters the love. Dedication to understanding oneself…to growing oneself…that is love. Self-reflection, self-improvement, acceptance, forgiveness…that is love. It’s not all happy feelings and obsession with oneself and the belief that you can do no wrong or that you’re owed something for your greatness or that others should love you as much as you love you, that’s ridiculous!

You may not always like what you do or what you say or where you’re going…you may be too critical or to judgmental…you may let other people’s thoughts or beliefs or judgments affect your behavior or thoughts of yourself…but that doesn’t mean you don’t love yourself. Some days you may feel totally awesome and other days you may feel like a waste of space, but that doesn’t mean you don’t love yourself or that you’re unworthy of love.

If you can’t stand yourself at several points in time, it doesn’t mean you don’t love yourself, or that you can’t find your way out of whatever it is that’s making you feel low. Most of us have probably learned that those are the times that you pour love all over yourself. And the more you fill that cup, the more it spills over. I say let it spill over honey! Yasss!!! And if you love yourself with patience and kindness and empathy and confidence, you can love others the same way (not that it simply works like that tho ) Now, if that’s narcissistic, then so be it. Because self-love ain’t afraid of no labels either!
Old 04-01-2022, 02:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Thanks FairyCrystal,

I enjoyed your post.
Big smile here when reading that! Thank you!