Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 09-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Master
Excellent Evaah :) I am looking forward to seeing more of your work ... I love the colors in the most recent one you posted ... gorgeous
Old 09-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Excellent Evaah :) I am looking forward to seeing more of your work ... I love the colors in the most recent one you posted ... gorgeous

I appreciate it!

Old 10-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Master
Finished this one yesterday. Not too sure if I like it, but it's supposed to be a sort of homage to all the tribal cultures that exist or existed in the past. Hawaiian/Polynesian, Southeast Asian, African, Native, etc...

I think the drips/color are a bit too much for this.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Master
nope ... it is perfect ... very original and oozing emotion ... it spoke to me as soon as I clicked on it
Old 10-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Erebus

Evaah, I love your pieces. I really like tribal art as well, so especially loved the 3rd one from your initial post.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:05 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaah

I think the drips/color are a bit too much for this.

I understand your concern over this Evaah (I absolutely adore your work BTW! :^)

The drips tend to steer my impression of the image into something of sadness and loss, as apposed to a peaceful celebration of these cultures.

But that by itself is not necessarily misplaced! The impression could well be a fitting one! I saw an article the other day that the most overweight
population in the world (percentage based) is a rather small island in the Pacific. Something like 80% obese, 50%+ are diabetics, their health stats
are essentially in the toilet... but it wasn't always this way... it wasn't until they adopted the western diet that this horrific situation took hold.

This wave of "easy" food and western ideas could well be a devastating influence on a once resourceful and deeply proud people...

Viewed in this way then the sadness in this case would artistically be apropo!

----

Thank you for posting your magnificent artwork Evaah! You truly are a talented soul!
Old 13-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
I understand your concern over this Evaah (I absolutely adore your work BTW! :^)

The drips tend to steer my impression of the image into something of sadness and loss, as apposed to a peaceful celebration of these cultures.

But that by itself is not necessarily misplaced! The impression could well be a fitting one! I saw an article the other day that the most overweight
population in the world (percentage based) is a rather small island in the Pacific. Something like 80% obese, 50%+ are diabetics, their health stats
are essentially in the toilet... but it wasn't always this way... it wasn't until they adopted the western diet that this horrific situation took hold.

This wave of "easy" food and western ideas could well be a devastating influence on a once resourceful and deeply proud people...

Viewed in this way then the sadness in this case would artistically be apropo!

----

Thank you for posting your magnificent artwork Evaah! You truly are a talented soul!

Aww. Thank you, Stephen.

I suppose I can merely say that it's a piece mourning the loss of such beautiful cultures. I mean... from when they once were. Obviously, some still exist, but many people feel that we should all be "civilized."

I appreciate it!
~Ev

Old 13-01-2011, 05:29 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaah
but many people feel that we should all be "civilized."

You are most welcomed Ev!

And it's evident to me that eventually we're going to have to walk-back on some of what our current culture considers to be normal. Just
yesterday I was in a small town grocery store and over heard conversations by a number of separate folks in line! The talks were about diet and about
how they were changing their own. One couple mentioned how they no longer eat red meat, or anything white (white flower, white rice) while
another woman told me that she'd dropped almost a hundred pounds recently by mostly drinking water in the place of processed foods.

Each had made the connection between their food and their health... and this in a fairly heavily conservative small town.

Observational changes are in the air.... small steps may lead to much larger leaps in awareness... how promising! :^)
Old 19-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Experiencer
These are beautiful, Evaah. I particularly love that landscape (I remember trying acrylics a few times and finding it a tough medium to paint with!). Do you plan to illustrate as a career in some way, or is your art just a hobby?
Old 19-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
These are beautiful, Evaah. I particularly love that landscape (I remember trying acrylics a few times and finding it a tough medium to paint with!). Do you plan to illustrate as a career in some way, or is your art just a hobby?

Thanks, West!

(They can be tough. I prefer oils, but I love acrylics for landscapes.)

Yes. I'm planning on split careers in novel writing and illustration. :) I just can't decide what branch... I suppose I could always freelance, but I'm not sure how much money that makes.

(I couldn't find an appropriate time to ask until now: who is that in your avatar? I'm curious, haha.)