Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Fetah

Fish I need help accepting that there's an afterlife...

I WAS a firm believer in the afterlife.

I have a guide...and I believe he's also my soul mate or TF whatever you choose to call it

But the first time I contacted him, I was directed by a psychic through a forum to try it because I was feeling a presence. I also was going through a rough time with depression.

My guide told me I was going to die soon...and even before that I had a premonition that I wouldn't make it, at most, past 30. But my guide said 23. Which is much earlier than I expected.

I wasn't worried about it. I was completely calm and accepted it. I still accept it.

But now I'm worried about what happens afterwards. I used to not fear death, I believed if it was my time, it was my time and my soul would be dealt with by whoever's in charge of whatever comes next.

But recently I've been having dreams almost every night about dying. It's always tragic...like a plane crash...or one was really weird. I was in my dorm ( and it's an old converted hotel, at first I didn't make the connection, but now I've realized it's the dorm I stay in when I go to my future college over the summer ). And I looked outside and there's this translucent wall of purple coming towards me and my mom (she was in the dorm), and I'm trying to get her attention and then the purple wall hits and I lurch backward and the air just gets knocked out of me...then it just went black. Same with the plane crash...it's just black and I wake up gasping. Like I wasn't breathing the entire time.

And I've been talking to some of my friends and seems like no one in my generation (besides the super-Christians) believe in an afterlife.

So now I'm just terrified that it's just going to be nothing. Just lights-out...gone like the way it was before I was born.
Old 18-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator
I wasn't into "believing" anything much either. I'd had out of body experiences so knew there was a part of me which didn't rely on being firmly attached to the physical form. But still I had no actual evidence of any afterlife for any of us.
Then my dog showed me that there indeed is one! And living Beings go there. And that includes animals.
And that it's actually a lot more OK that you think.
Old 18-05-2013, 11:57 PM
Guide

By no means do I intend to sound rude, but doesn't the presense of your non-physical cavalier make it clear to you ?

Also, concerning your expectation for the departure, please pay attention to who or what you are giving your power away to.

Remember, know and be the realisation that you are the master of your own being, one and equal as all life. Take these words to your heart and allow them to expand your awareness from within.
Old 19-05-2013, 12:08 AM
Master
Why be terrified, you wouldn't be there to be terrified, I don't think you need to believe in an afterlife, just to make you feel better in this life, that's just fear.

Last edited by psychoslice : 19-05-2013 at 02:04 AM.
Old 19-05-2013, 12:56 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Why be terrified, you wouldn't be there to be terrified, I don't think you need to believe in and afterlife, just to make you feel better in this life, that's just fear.

Ditto!

When a person completely changes, their old self dies ...
Major losses transform people, their old beliefs die ...
Interpretation is vital ...
Death will find you when you have completed your life lessons ...
Conquer your fear of death & go live your life ...

Christians are not the only people who believe in the afterlife ...
Jungians do also ...
Old 19-05-2013, 01:27 AM
Fetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire
By no means do I intend to sound rude, but doesn't the presense of your non-physical cavalier make it clear to you ?

Also, concerning your expectation for the departure, please pay attention to who or what you are giving your power away to.

Remember, know and be the realisation that you are the master of your own being, one and equal as all life. Take these words to your heart and allow them to expand your awareness from within.

I didn't mean to sound stupid. He did at first, I was comforted that I'd have a "guide" leading up to and possibly after my death...but I have a shred of doubt about him...and all of this.

I sometimes doubt the validity of what I experience. I wasn't raised in a home where anything outside of "Jesus Christ" being a guide was acceptable. No spirits, no premonitions, no anything out of the "ordinary".

So it's hard to believe it...or at least in him.

But death is inevitable. Even if I don't die at 23, I'll die eventually. And the dreams just frighten me. Even if there was nothing afterwards...I guess I wouldn't know. But my consciousness doesn't want to die.
Old 19-05-2013, 03:10 AM
vision

I don't feel a guide of the highest light vibration would ever tell you an age
you'll die...so I have concerns about where this info is coming from. "Death"
can merely be the death of your old way of thinking & evolving into a new,
beneficial way of thinking & handling your life.

Purple is a wonderful spiritual color & the age 23=5 in numerology which means change. You were "hit" by a wall of purple then everything goes
black. I feel you'll have big spiritual awakening(at 23??), then major
understanding mentally, physically, emotionally & spiritually will hit you &
you'll wonder how you could've been so unaware of what life really means
before. This happens to most of us at different periods in our lives. Know
that if you ask for guidance from a spirit of the highest light vibration you
will receive it! Blessings.
Old 19-05-2013, 04:41 AM
goldie08

Dear Fetah - There IS an afterlife so don't be anxious. It does surprise me that a guide would cause you so much worry by dropping a bomb, so to speak, which I'd consider morally reprehensible. Have you tested the guide for their authenticity? Seeing that you were depressed at the time it could be that you had attracted undesirables to you unconsciously. That's what I would think. However, to continue, here is "Bashar - Life After Death" -

http://youtu.be/-DLSyU7y97M

---------

Also, my fave author MacDonald-Bayne says:

Levels beyond our Earth -

-- Lowest, or slowest in vibration: EARTH PLANE = Physical

-- First Astral or Psychic Plane = Underworld/ or Psychic Plane

-- Second Astral, Psychic Plane = Separation - Emotion - Desire

-- First Mental Plane = Paradise - Rest

-- Second Mental Plane = Understanding

-- Third Mental Plane = Intuition

-- First Spiritual Plane = Love and Intuition

-- Second Spiritual Plane = Love, Wisdom and Power (3 in 1)

-- Doorway to the Infinite Intelligence = Divine or Christ Consciousness - no limit

Your body and your brain are instruments which you use just as your mind is also an instrument that you use. You recognize that these are instruments, yet they are one -- Spirit, Soul and Body: Spirit, Mind and Brain. One is the complement of the other. Spirit the first cause, the three as the Trinity in man. Life organizes the tissue structures, life organizes the atoms and uses the cells of the organs and complete body for its own self-expression. We will one day leave the physical body and we will carry with us our experiences gained in the physical plane, the brain and the nervous system we leave behind. But there is an interpenetrating Substance in which exists the ethereal brain cells, which are invisible to you at present but will go with your ethereal body.

There are definite planes of consciousness vibrating at different rates of vibration which have been created for our universal experience by the Infinite. You will react to things external to yourselves just as you are reacting to them now, when you leave the physical body. These reactions are all registered in your mind. You take your mind with you, it is part of the Soul structure which lives after the so-called death. Then you will remember your loved ones and no doubt you will make every effort to help them. How many of our loved ones now are trying to make us perceive the higher truths?

===========
Old 20-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision

Blessings.

Totally agree with this... :)
Old 21-05-2013, 01:05 AM
Fetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision

Purple is a wonderful spiritual color & the age 23=5 in numerology which means change. You were "hit" by a wall of purple then everything goes
black. I feel you'll have big spiritual awakening(at 23??), then major
understanding mentally, physically, emotionally & spiritually will hit you &
you'll wonder how you could've been so unaware of what life really means
before. This happens to most of us at different periods in our lives. Know
that if you ask for guidance from a spirit of the highest light vibration you
will receive it! Blessings.

Thanks, I've heard that before.

That he didn't mean physical death, but spiritual reformation.

I don't feel like he's a bad spirit like some people are suggesting.