Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 11-05-2021, 11:09 AM
Guide
Guides vs. Higher Self

Hello,

I have a question if I may.
Why do you guys need spirit Guides? The Higher Self is the real Guide no?

I have no guides. My Higher Self helps me. He has no form. I do not need to pray for his help, he is trying to save himself (me).
All I need to do is trust.
In addition, no angel has ever helped me in difficult times.
So why the need for spirit guides? I am curious.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Green1
Old 11-05-2021, 11:47 AM
Pathfinder

Hi Green1,

In order to build a rocket to go to the moon, there needs to be a team of people with all different specialities to accomplish that goal. Engineers, chemists, technicians, scientists etc. all offer their unique skill set to add to the greater whole of the mission.

It’s in this same way that spirit guides help you to accomplish your own personal goals and spiritual growth. You may be in a time of your life where you need to process grief and loss, so working with a comforting gentle spirit guide will help you process emotions. There may be other times where you need to go into battle, literally or figuratively, and working with a courageous, warrior spirit guide will offer you assistance to bring you victory.

There is a higher form of you that your trying to bring into this physical reality. Your Higher Self is the best version of you, one that has turned your flaws into strengths. This is not an easy test though so you’re going to need a lot of help from study buddies !! These are your spirit guides.

Peace <3
Old 11-05-2021, 12:26 PM
Administrator
Your higher self comes from within, spirit guides are just that spirit who have achieved where they need to be,in order to Help others on the earth plane on your spiritual path.

Angels are beings of light they will only help when you ask them to, they cannot interfere in your life without you asking them first.
Scorpius said it well.

Namaste
Old 11-05-2021, 12:52 PM
Guide
I still do not understand why spirit guides are needed. The HS can do everything no?

Guides may be needed until one is properly connected with their HS.
Old 11-05-2021, 01:13 PM
hazada guess

The Higher Self is forever learning, that's why we're here, a part of the Higher self. As Native spirit said,Spirit guides are here to help us with our path.

Ps.I've come out of retirement.lol.
Old 11-05-2021, 01:47 PM
Administrator
If you were a medium you would know why we need spirit guides they are not there for nothing they control who comes through to a person in other words protects the medium from Negative spirit who lurk around.
some call them gate keepers but a Spirit guide is above a gate keepers.

Namaste
Old 11-05-2021, 02:41 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
If you were a medium you would know why we need spirit guides they not there for nothing they control who comes through to a person in other words protects the medium from Negative spirit who lurk around.
some call them gate keepers but a Spirit guide is above a gate keepers.
Namaste

Thanks for this information. I use my HS’s way to cope with negative spirits: humility and friendship. So far so good.
Old 11-05-2021, 03:45 PM
Me personally? I take all the help I can get from anywhere!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-05-2021, 04:03 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Me personally? I take all the help I can get from anywhere!

This is a good idea. Thank you all for your kind replies!

Cheers,
green1
Old 11-05-2021, 04:15 PM
Master
For a long time I didn't want anything to do with my guides as I have always been very sensitive and always felt presence around me. I didn't like that, so I didn't want my guides either. I wanted to be left alone, by everything, to finally not feel watched etc.

When I got further in my (spiritual) development I did open up to guides, didn't feel they would be the next intrusion anymore either.

I think in general people can sooner access and accept help from spirit guides than get in touch with their Higher Self. It takes a certain amount of development. As do guides in a way, but it's easier, can happen sooner.

I call on Ascended Masters a lot and of late also Archangels. They are very powerful beings that can help or support with many things.
The Ascended Masters and Archangels are in a way far closer to being omnipotent than a Higher Self.
The HS is higher up than our 3D self of course, but not the highest, which would be our Monad.
But the power of Archangels... take AA Metatron... he helps all of humanity with the ascension process AND our entire Universe as well.

The Ascended Masters also have reached vast powers and wisdom, like Lord Kuthumi runs/oversees ALL the 12 teaching schools of the etheric university.
He's one of the greatest illumined masters to have walked this Earth. He is a Kumara, one of the four souls who come from the heart of God and have special service work to do in the universe.

Just a few examples. Archangels and Ascended Masters have immense powers, and with that immense tasks too.
The same goes for other angels, for instance the Cherubim. They are of incredibly high energy & dimension, have a vibration that we could never ever even handle.
So they allow tiny 'splinters' of their enormous energy & vibration to descend to a level that we can handle: The cherubs, the cute li'l baby angels, which are still of very high vibration.
And then there's the dragons, the Unicorn etc. etc.

Someone's HS could never do anything like this, nor is a HS ever of such incredibly high vibration that a person cannot handle it. That would make it rather pointless to have.

Also, you may think it's you and your HS and that's it. But you do have guides, and they do help you and whisper guidance in your ear. And your HS will connect with others' HS if that is in your best interest. And oftentimes you won't be the judge of that, won't even know. And that is fine as the HS does know and of course always has your best interest at heart.

Do you need them? I wouldn't phrase it like that. But when you open up to all these Light beings your growth accelerates like you wouldn't believe as you then open up to guidance, support from the higher realms.
Trying to reject them and/or not open up to them means you're missing out on all that.