Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 30-04-2021, 07:25 PM
ThatMan ThatMan is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,151
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Hi Gene
Aha. Out of interest, what are your thoughts on phasing as described by Frank Kepple, Ryan Tasker and others?
I am asking as someone who has tried all sorts of techniques over the years, and I get so far and then I am stuck. For example, I have spent countless hours climbing that rope!!
It's funny, your nickname is "Iamthat" and I just told the author of this post to read "I am that" by Nisargadatta. Have you read it?

If you have not "found" it, find I AM and then you can have as many OBEs you want... it's that simple, no technique, just old fashioned "intention". Funny, this remainds me of Jesus advice, seek ye first the Kingdom of God and then all the other things are given to you, something like that.

This is how I do it, I rest in that which is beyond the mind, the source/core of my being, there I set the intent for a certain thing, for example, having and OBE and then I leave it like that, usually it takes a couple of days. Sometimes in that very same night I have an OBE. I go to sleep and then I wake up outside my body.
__________________
The truth.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 02-05-2021 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as per Admin's request
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 30-04-2021, 07:27 PM
ThatMan ThatMan is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,151
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneHart1
Yes, that's me!

Happy for you, your experiences are going to help more people see that there's something beyond the material world.
__________________
The truth.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-05-2021, 01:45 AM
GeneHart1 GeneHart1 is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 32
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Hi Gene
Aha. Out of interest, what are your thoughts on phasing as described by Frank Kepple, Ryan Tasker and others?
I am asking as someone who has tried all sorts of techniques over the years, and I get so far and then I am stuck. For example, I have spent countless hours climbing that rope!!
Hi, although I'm not familiar with the terms or those authors, I know what you mean by simply being aware, in this case, you're exercising awareness on hypnagogic images, which is just one "symptom" that can appear before astral projecting, although watching those "colours and shapes" are not mandatory and do not always happen in every out of body experience.

As most people experienced in astral projection know, there isn't really much need for "techniques", at least personally I don't use anything formal. Once you're experienced, the ability of astral projection becomes instinctive, rather than intellectual, it is after all an innate ability of our Being, not our thoughts. You are more likely to be successful when you don't have to "think" about it, astral projection is just about guiding your awareness in the correct way

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 02-05-2021 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as per Admin's request
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-05-2021, 05:22 AM
pixiedust pixiedust is offline
Guide
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 519
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneHart1
Yes, that's me!

How awesome is this!
__________________
I am pixiedust
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-05-2021, 07:57 PM
iamthat iamthat is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Golden Bay, New Zealand
Posts: 2,364
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneHart1
Hi, although I'm not familiar with the terms or those authors, I know what you mean by simply being aware, in this case, you're exercising awareness on hypnagogic images, which is just one "symptom" that can appear before astral projecting, although watching those "colours and shapes" are not mandatory and do not always happen in every out of body experience.

As most people experienced in astral projection know, there isn't really much need for "techniques", at least personally I don't use anything formal. Once you're experienced, the ability of astral projection becomes instinctive, rather than intellectual, it is after all an innate ability of our Being, not our thoughts. You are more likely to be successful when you don't have to "think" about it, astral projection is just about guiding your awareness in the correct way

Thanks for the response. It is encouraging to hear that you do not use anything formal. Yes, I have reached the conclusion that all the techniques on offer simply add levels of complication to what should be an automatic process. After all, this is something we supposedly do every night when the body falls asleep.

Which is why the idea of phasing appeals to me. There is no trying to do anything or go anywhere, there is simply being present. Hypnagogic images may or may not come. So I just have to get the thoughts out of the way!

Peace
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-05-2021, 08:06 PM
iamthat iamthat is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Golden Bay, New Zealand
Posts: 2,364
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
It's funny, your nickname is "Iamthat" and I just told the author of this post to read "I am that" by Nisargadatta. Have you read it?
If you have not "found" it, find I AM and then you can have as many OBEs you want... it's that simple, no technique, just old fashioned "intention". Funny, this remainds me of Jesus advice, seek ye first the Kingdom of God and then all the other things are given to you, something like that...
Hi ThatMan. Yes, I am familiar with Nisargadatta and "I am That". The "I AM" meditations which I know of are a different approach, based on the books by Godfre Ray King back in the 1930s and more recently by people such as Peter Mt Shasta.

Following on from my comments to Gene, I will try resting in my core Being and setting my intention. Thanks.

Peace

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 02-05-2021 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-05-2021, 01:18 AM
GeneHart1 GeneHart1 is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 32
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Thanks for the response. It is encouraging to hear that you do not use anything formal. Yes, I have reached the conclusion that all the techniques on offer simply add levels of complication to what should be an automatic process.

Absolutely! I actually just uploaded a video on my YouTube about an Astral experience I had where I was with a group of around 100 people 'unconsciously' out of the body.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-05-2021, 01:54 PM
lomax lomax is offline
Master
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greece
Posts: 2,826
  lomax's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneHart1
Hi my name is Gene.
If any of you have any questions at all please feel free to ask! Glad to be here!
Hi there and welcome.

I have some questions about 'nasty' encounters during astral projection or OOBEs.
Some people encounter ugly creatures or they get attacked by low level astral beings.
Had you ever came across such things?
__________________
Γνώθι σαυτόν

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 02-05-2021 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Again, shortened your quote as per Admin's request
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-05-2021, 12:19 AM
hesitant_man hesitant_man is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 95
 
Hi, Genehart!

I have a couple of questions:

How can one do this? How much time takes to get results?

Have you encountered evil beings? How do you cope with them?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-05-2021, 01:00 AM
selflove929 selflove929 is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 54
  selflove929's Avatar
Hello Gene!

I have a few questions for you about the astral realm:

1) Are there plants there? I care for a bunch of houseplants, and I thought it would be so neat if I could have a conversation with one of them.

2) Do animals have the ability to travel into the astral realm when they're asleep?

3) How do languages work? Are there various languages being spoken? Or does everyone and everything just know what the other person is saying?

4) Does being in the astral realm take someone into a fuller sleep? Or does it not have an affect on physical sleep whatsoever? For example, I'm kind of sensitive to noises and movement when I'm sleeping, therefore if I were to hear a noise or sense movement which would normally wake me up, would I be taken out of the astral realm too?

And last question!
5) Have you met friends there, that you've befriended in the physical realm?

Thank you very much!
I am very curious about astral projection.
__________________
'Stay true to yourself.'
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums